Sponsored

2015 5.0 on Fire literally

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
We just differ I guess. I am one who will not accept when I am at a financial loss for something that is not of my doing. It's not about me feeling entitled. If I am billed for medical care and I do not get said care, I will not pay. If I buy a brand new car and it bursts into flames I am not going to have my insurance go up, or take a "claim" on my insurance because of it.

We are not talking about a broken part, a battery or something else from wear and tear. We are talking about a brand new car bursting into flames. That if in somewhat different circumstances could have been much different outcome. I could care less if it's ford or dealership. The buyer should not experiance any loss because of it. Again, not a part....car bursting into flames in under 6,000 miles.

To each his own. I would cause a stink. I'm not sitting by and waiting. (Not saying he is or they are).

To put it simply, then, you are wrong. Cause all the stink you want, it wouldn't help.
Sponsored

Ironcitysteelers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White GT
Ok, I'll keep going if you want. Thats the difference between us.

You may bend over and take it, I'll put up a fight. While I may not win, ...I might. At least I fought for what is right and just.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp

You may bend over and take it, I'll put up a fight. While I may not win, ...I might. At least I fought for what is right and just.
dude I would love to sick you on my dealer, they suck. looked like a bunch of coons scratching their ass and heads for 2 days.

Like you I call it like I see it. No bars

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150

There's a HUGE differance in standing up for what is right and just being an ass. At this point, it sounds kinda early in the process to be calling news stations and local newspapers because Ford hasn't come kissing someones booty.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback

Did I say I would be happy? Did I say I wouldn't be pissed? No. I would be all of those things. I would also not be so far in my own ass to think that before it is actually confirmed as their issue Ford would do anything. By your standards the guy that burnt his own mustang up should have gotten the same treatment you are saying is owed to this OP. Prior to that information coming out that case looked exactly like this one. now do you think Ford owed that owner anything?

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
We are not talking about a broken part, a battery or something else from wear and tear. We are talking about a brand new car bursting into flames.
I am so glad you have all of this information not available to the rest of us as to what caused the fire! Please tell me more about what exactly did cause it and how you know for a fact it was not a broken part or battery or something else from wear and tear?

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I'd like those tail lights if they're still intact. I could make a lamp out of them or something. A sequential night light? That'd be sweet. Reuse recycle reduce… :)

Fomoco15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Vert
Hell..... Could have been a rat chewed on the fuel line for all we know. Happened to my F150. Who's fault was that? Just sayin

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Hell..... Could have been a rat chewed on the fuel line for all we know. Happened to my F150. Who's fault was that? Just sayin
Ford for not using braided stainless steel instead of rubber anticipating that rats would chew on fuel lines.

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
don't get me started. ford used recyclable content in the wiring loom, ie. soy-based products, which of course rodents love. i was told this by the indie mechanic who replaced part of the electrical harness in my engine bay of my s197 after field mice had a field day with mine.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ford for not using braided stainless steel instead of rubber anticipating that rats would chew on fuel lines.
And then people will b*tch and complain with extra sticker price. There is no winning with some people.

Everyone wants to blame everyone else these days.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Wow. What has this thread become.

Ford is doing the right thing by contacting the OP but they should not have to do anything else beyond that until AFTER the cause of the fire has been determined.

There are a lot of unrealistic expectations in here.

Ironcitysteelers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White GT
Ok ...my bad if I upset folks. Certainly not my intent. Not looking to change folks opinions, as I know I cant, they are my own expressions. In my feelings, and if it was me, (based on the info I have at this point), I'm raising hell. As I said, might not carry any weight but I'm going to try.

Just to put in in perspective about me. My wife had a medical issue, and had to go to the ER. Couple days of treatment. Etc. ect. In a nutshell, the care was horrible. When I received the 5000 bill I fought it and won. I just don't except loss that's isn't of my doing.

I hope I didn't rub folks the wrong way. I just hope this dude doesn't lose out for something based on all info provided isn't his fault. I will now bow out of this tread. Sorry.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry