Sponsored

2015 5.0 on Fire literally

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
You didn't present it as your opinion, you posited two scenarios that were presented as the only possibly causes for this fire.

You have every right to post whatever you want, even if it's as aggressively incorrect as this gem of a post. I also have the right to call you on your bullshit.
Does it really matter what anyone thinks on here? Probably not, save for the driver who lost his beautiful car, yet we are all talking about it. You need to chill a bit. If you don't agree then don't agree like a gentleman.
Sponsored

El_Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fonz
Vehicle(s)
s550 coyote, 3 peddles, big brakes and rec seats
so I skimmed through most of this, all I can say is FORD SERVICE HAS NOT BEEN UP TO PAR.

I feel like this should've been something that could've been easily caught. fuel lines will smell like fuel if leaking, obviously. electrical components failing would def cause some sporadic issues with lights, gauges, and sensors.

MY BIG HUNCH IS SOME ONE LEFT AN OIL FILLER CAP OFF DURING QUALITY INSPECTION/ OIL TOP OFF, OR DID NOT INSTALL THE DIPSTICK IN CORRECTLY, THE YELLOW ELBOW MOVES WAY TO EASILY.

Which will spit oil out when driving, GASES ROUTED BY A PCV WILL MIX INHERT GASES AND UNBURNED FUEL FROM THE CRANK CASE BACK INTO THE INTAKE.

So oil at high temps on your hot stock headers will burn and route itself back to your intake and F EVERY THING UP.

but who knows at this point the car is all to shit.

SORRY PO YOU GOT THE SHITTY END OF THE STICK.

And I feel bad the techs at FUTURE FORD OF CLOVIS damaged one of my rims.

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
Does it really matter what anyone thinks on here? Probably not, save for the driver who lost his beautiful car, yet we are all talking about it. You need to chill a bit. If you don't agree then don't agree like a gentleman.
I don't agree with you, and I've done so like a gentleman. Not sure what you're talking about, I'm plenty chill trust me. You wrote a shitty post. Own it.

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I can't help but wonder… While I'm sure it will be "totaled" by the insurance company, is there ANYTHING than can be salvaged from the wreck? I mean, where do the "remains" go?

Sponsored

IzVenomous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5oh
I can't help but wonder… While I'm sure it will be "totaled" by the insurance company, is there ANYTHING than can be salvaged from the wreck? I mean, where do the "remains" go?
Tail lights look good lol

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
That recall was for some EcoBoost cars.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Are ya looking for cheap spares?

Sponsored

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
About the only thing one could salvage are the rims, maybe some of the rear portion of the drive train.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
What amazes me is that the car is at an auto auction being sold, not in the hands of Ford QC or a dealer or an attorney. I hope the original poster got a full insurance settlement before he gave up possession of it!

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
What amazes me is that the car is at an auto auction being sold, not in the hands of Ford QC or a dealer or an attorney. I hope the original poster got a full insurance settlement before he gave up possession of it!
I was thinking the same thing...

BTW car just needs a little elbow grease. I'm sure it's a great buy for someone out there. :D

del101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible

The lawyers get involved when the parties don't work out the problem. If the car is at auction, and OP agreed and got something. OP, what did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Are ya looking for cheap spares?
Nah… But as a former(?) junkyard dog, I see treasure where others may see garbage. I'm sure there are a few items worth scavenging. I restored cars in body shops that managed to save a bundle on parts by picking wrecks clean of "usable" items. The interior is obviously toast, but I'm sure there are a few pieces that can be salvaged.
Sponsored