Sponsored

2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Ford Performance says the transmission with the pump is available now. It's just the track pack / R transmission with the mechanical pump incorporated. They said retail is $4,800 and dealers will sell it for less. I'm local to Autonation White Bear Lake Ford and they estimated $4,000 for the transmission. Then the cooler and brackets and lines are still needed. And it needs to get installed into the car.

Ford Performance also said "the transmission has no warranty, like many of the parts we sell."

I also got the news that the cooler parts list is still being finalized and that assembly is not available yet. There's going to be an option to add those parts to the car and select an aftermarket pump. I'm not sure whether they will help with wiring or that's up to us as well.
And... the anvil falls. Looks like mine will be gone in 34 months.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Ford Performance says the transmission with the pump is available now. It's just the track pack / R transmission with the mechanical pump incorporated. They said retail is $4,800 and dealers will sell it for less. I'm local to Autonation White Bear Lake Ford and they estimated $4,000 for the transmission. Then the cooler and brackets and lines are still needed. And it needs to get installed into the car.

Ford Performance also said "the transmission has no warranty, like many of the parts we sell."

I also got the news that the cooler parts list is still being finalized and that assembly is not available yet. There's going to be an option to add those parts to the car and select an aftermarket pump. I'm not sure whether they will help with wiring or that's up to us as well.
At that price and no warranty you might as well just go aftermarket. You've got nothing to lose and probably a lot of money to save in the long run.

And... the anvil falls. Looks like mine will be gone in 34 months.
Possibly me as well, unless I can find a decent aftermarket solution that works and is reliable.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Looks like they hope that anyone that really cares about the transmission temp either comes up with a third party solution, trades out for a 17 or just moves onto another car all together. Really crappy way to handle your Ford Performance customers and brand reputation Ford...

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Well, I'm guessing the best option is to upgrade if you manage to grenade the standard gearbox. After driving the car in a spirited fashion this Summer, I'm not really concerned at all. If I track it, I'll wait for Fall.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Would anyone have the Ford part numbers for the stock diff sensor, stock wiring harness, stock relay or anything else we would need for a Tech to be able to monitor the diff temp like we can now do for trans temps (thanks to @Epiphany and @mattlqx )? Would be nice to have the info...
Thanks
I need to raise the car tonight and do an oil change. I'll look at the existing harness to see if there may be a plugin for the Diff sensor. Since we can program that gauge to show on the dash, it would be nice to get it working. A sensor and connection should be relatively cheap, even if I have to make it myself. My motivation is limited since I have a temp gauge connected now.

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I need to raise the car tonight and do an oil change. I'll look at the existing harness to see if there may be a plugin for the Diff sensor. Since we can program that gauge to show on the dash, it would be nice to get it working. A sensor and connection should be relatively cheap, even if I have to make it myself. My motivation is limited since I have a temp gauge connected now.
Dave,

If you follow the yellow harness from the pump module it gives you an idea where the factory harness comes out of the car. The temp sensor honestly no idea, I assume directly above the cradle. Here's to hoping the harness is already there :cool:
Rear Diff Cooler.jpg

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
Started a little mock up today. Thought I had tons of room but it gets tight quick under there. I used th brackets that the cooler came with and some bolts to get a position. I'm going o pick up some aluminum stock tomorrow to make my own.
image.jpg

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Looks like they hope that anyone that really cares about the transmission temp either comes up with a third party solution, trades out for a 17 or just moves onto another car all together. Really crappy way to handle your Ford Performance customers and brand reputation Ford...

Their customer service is a joke!!!!!

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe

Yep, it's there...
copied/pasted from fordparts.com
I just searched for the PN.

MUSTANG GT350 TRANSMISSION WITH PUMP
Part #: M7000M8S
Pack Qty: 1
Shippable
$4,800.00 List

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, it's there...

Shippable
$4,800.00 List
And you still have to figure out the rest of the parts needed.

Sponsored

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
And you still have to figure out the rest of the parts needed.
The oem cooler,Duct, bracket, lines and hardware are ~$850.

It's a big job to install everything. Splitter, belly pan, bumper, radiator and possibly the evaporator must come out.
The lines snake between the bottom of the radiator and the core support.
Then of course transmission R&R

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The oem cooler,Duct, bracket, lines and hardware are ~$850.

It's a big job to install everything. Splitter, belly pan, bumper, radiator and possibly the evaporator must come out.
The lines snake between the bottom of the radiator and the core support.
Then of course transmission R&R

My point is that in stead of taking a little time and putting a package together that already has everything included, the best FP can do at this time is make available the parts. The customer has to figure everything else out.

This is non support at its worst. Ford should have never let the product out the door like this, and since they did they should come up with a fix that will satisfy the individuals who bought it. I not going to say it should be free to me, but Ford really shouldn't be profiting from a situation that they created either.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Yep, it's there...

Shippable
$4,800.00 List
That's interesting because I can buy the Shelby Trans with oil pump from my local Ford Dealer for about $3625. Now there is a $1000 Core charge that may or may not be refundable with a non oil pump Trans but the OEM one is #FR3Z7003D
Sponsored