Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Talk to me about your 1000 option..
Dave,

Obviously I'm just doing quick math off of list, I would have to submit a quote request to get real numbers on all the Ford Parts, and if they are even available(the biggest issue sometimes) then figure out the space to mount the pump and plumb it in. Wiring wouldn't be too bad, I looked at the Shelby wiring and there should be open spots in the power distribution box otherwise it would just go off of the battery triggered with engine run and or temperature. It's possible but it wouldn't be anytime soon. Too much on my plate already.

I am struggling trying to get a rear axle cooler kit done for my GT that will be a complete plug-n-play.

If FP is working on something they have much better resources and access. I wouldn't be suprised if it ends up being a lot less costly than people think.

Iekgoplot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
If FP is working on something they have much better resources and access. I wouldn't be suprised if it ends up being a lot less costly than people think.
Let's hope so! I'm interested and waiting to get a solution in place too along with the rest of the folks.

Cheers

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Mike Robins is a solid guy. If we had access to a Shelby we could modify the factory parts and install an electric pump but the kit would be expensive to most. $1000 with factory parts and an electric pump. $700 with aftermarket parts.
no way in hell trans + differential coolers cost 1,000 bucks with factory parts.

With a high quality electric helical brass gear, oil rated, 2+ GPM pump, you can get it done with mostly factory parts for probably just over 1100 including all fluids, fittings, lines, relays, etc.

The differential cooler setup ( with all factory parts save sensor + wiring ( which will need to be aftermarket) will run you about the same.

So all in, probably 2200-2300 plus the time to DIY. My guess is that ford's kit ( the "cheap" one) comes in slightly higher than that if the include integration to the computer and big screen with it.

so maybe $3 grand for the coolers. I'd expect that the full trans swap & differential cooler kit comes in at roughly double that, maybe somewhere between 6 and 7.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
no way in hell trans + differential coolers cost 1,000 bucks with factory parts.

With a high quality electric helical brass gear, oil rated, 2+ GPM pump, you can get it done with mostly factory parts for probably just over 1100 including all fluids, fittings, lines, relays, etc.

The differential cooler setup ( with all factory parts save sensor + wiring ( which will need to be aftermarket) will run you about the same.

So all in, probably 2200-2300 plus the time to DIY. My guess is that ford's kit ( the "cheap" one) comes in slightly higher than that if the include integration to the computer and big screen with it.

so maybe $3 grand for the coolers. I'd expect that the full trans swap & differential cooler kit comes in at roughly double that, maybe somewhere between 6 and 7.
The retail price on all the Ford Parts, lines, brackets, nuts, bolts, hoses, cooler retail for less than $800. Pumps retail for $300-400. FP is part of Ford. They don't pay what a person off the street pays. I think the transmission only runs $3K so as a kit that would likely be priced to pretty low. FP is probably doing the kit and if needed Ford Dealers will do the upgrade as a warranty type concession if it gets ugly.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I will take the $1000 option as well. Immediately haha.

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
How many of you guys have the issue on the road in normal driving vs. Track Days?
On the road here.

I can make it go into limp mode anytime.

3rd is very comfortable up to 100-120km an hour and sits @ 4500rpm or so. And I just drive that way for 45 - 70 minutes or so.

Happened yesterday on a day that was raining off and on and 15c out.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
The retail price on all the Ford Parts, lines, brackets, nuts, bolts, hoses, cooler retail for less than $800. Pumps retail for $300-400. FP is part of Ford. They don't pay what a person off the street pays. I think the transmission only runs $3K so as a kit that would likely be priced to pretty low. FP is probably doing the kit and if needed Ford Dealers will do the upgrade as a warranty type concession if it gets ugly.
so you're telling me, that magically, you can get ALL of the parts, including the ford factory rear differential pump for under 1,000 US dollars?

If so, I'll send you the part list that I bought, you grab me those parts for that price, and I'll go return mine. ( the rear differential pump alone is over 3 hundo, and then a good electric trans pump is over 3 hundo.

That means you are able to get two finned coolers, nuts, bolts, brackets, lines, AN Fittings, Trans fluid rated AN lines, Relays, switches, wiring, Fluids and line clips all for about $250 ?

At very least, please introduce me to your wholesale parts dude. sounds like he'll save me enough coin that i might be able to squeeze another car into the "fun budget" :-)

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
so you're telling me, that magically, you can get ALL of the parts, including the ford factory rear differential pump for under 1,000 US dollars?

If so, I'll send you the part list that I bought, you grab me those parts for that price, and I'll go return mine. ( the rear differential pump alone is over 3 hundo, and then a good electric trans pump is over 3 hundo.

That means you are able to get two finned coolers, nuts, bolts, brackets, lines, AN Fittings, Trans fluid rated AN lines, Relays, switches, wiring, Fluids and line clips all for about $250 ?

At very least, please introduce me to your wholesale parts dude. sounds like he'll save me enough coin that i might be able to squeeze another car into the "fun budget" :-)
We are talking about the transmission. Not the rear axle on the Shelby.
I don't understand where you are getting all your numbers from. Sorry slight communication break down.

I just did a cost breakdown of the Transmission Parts (ALL FORD) with my rough costs (Not What I would sell them for but anyone could probably find a dealer to do this.
Retail: $848 My Cost would be $636-593
Transmission Retail $4141.20 My Cost would be $3105-2898 (Before Core)

My Point being is even at my Cost Ford coud offer a complete solution for $3500 all day long if they wanted to. Now if it is possible to retrofit the pump in the transmission and those parts where available for under $100 a kit could potentially run only $700 before labor and you would have the Track Pack set up.
Shelby Trans Cooler Line Drain Fitting.jpg

Last edited:

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
We are talking about the transmission. Not the rear axle on the Shelby.
I don't understand where you are getting all your numbers from. Sorry slight communication break down.
I know you said your coverd up with other stuff right now..but let's say I wanted to start obtaining these parts for the tranny fix..what pump would you use and why?? Also have you used said pump?. Your input is appreciated

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I know you said your coverd up with other stuff right now..but let's say I wanted to start obtaining these parts for the tranny fix..what pump would you use and why?? Also have you used said pump?. Your input is appreciated
Mocal and some others are the best bet, has to be a gear pump for reliabilty and duty cycle. I have yet to get my cost on the pumps.

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Mocal and some others are the best bet, has to be a gear pump for reliabilty and duty cycle. I have yet to get my cost on the pumps.
I was told the rb racing pumps are better then the mocal. I have absolute no experience with tranny pumps and if I decide to fix it by external pump I'd like to know I have a good quality reliable pump.
Sponsored