Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
The issue is TP Tremecs come with an internal mechanically driven oil pump so to add a cooler to a non TP will require an electric pump. For Ford to do it they have to source the TP cooler assembly from Ford, redesign all the lines, incorporate a pump with associated wiring, test it, package it in the car away from heat etc, write up a set of instructions that includes a new fill and drain procedure. There is a lot to it.

Red Circle is the oil pump assembly in the TP Tremecs. If it is an issue on the street that would be a problem for Ford. The best best then would be to just install the TP trans with the lines and cooler. No much info on the Tremec but the nonTP models may be able to be field retro-fitted with the pump at the dealer. The reality is they do not need to make the car new, just repair the issue. Ford is only obligated to fix the problem if it becomes a safety concern on the street. The dealers ordering non-TP cars was stupd in the first place, Ford saw that and took that mess away.

We are working on a rear axle cooler kit for the standard Mustangs but due to the aero in the rear of the Shelby I don't believe it will fit.
Tremec Oil Cooler.jpg
Shelby Tremec Oil Pump.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The limp mode on the highway and traffic I think is a law suit. Limp on the track is a tougher issue since they sold a "track" model. Might make sense to get people who have the issue documented some where, I think the best angle will be that on the street the car doesn't perform as advertised

Most of you guys seem to be long time Ford people have they retrofitted a car before?

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
Ford is not working on a solution, but I have it in writing that Ford Performance is working on two solutions. I don't have any specifics like dates or prices, though.
Any chance you can post a copy of the document you have from Ford Performance. I know seeing something in writing will take the edge off for me and I'm sure others too. :)

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Any chance you can post a copy of the document you have from Ford Performance. I know seeing something in writing will take the edge off for me and I'm sure others too. :)
I'm interested in seeing that document too.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
The issue is TP Tremecs come with an internal mechanically driven oil pump so to add a cooler to a non TP will require an electric pump. For Ford to do it they have to source the TP cooler assembly from Ford, redesign all the lines, incorporate a pump with associated wiring, test it, package it in the car away from heat etc, write up a set of instructions that includes a new fill and drain procedure. There is a lot to it.

Red Circle is the oil pump assembly in the TP Tremecs. If it is an issue on the street that would be a problem for Ford. The best best then would be to just install the TP trans with the lines and cooler. No much info on the Tremec but the nonTP models may be able to be field retro-fitted with the pump at the dealer. The reality is they do not need to make the car new, just repair the issue. Ford is only obligated to fix the problem if it becomes a safety concern on the street. The dealers ordering non-TP cars was stupd in the first place, Ford saw that and took that mess away.

We are working on a rear axle cooler kit for the standard Mustangs but due to the aero in the rear of the Shelby I don't believe it will fit.
If you'll sell the kit without the actual finned cooler bit, and package lines that use the ford connector, it'll work just fine. Hell, if your pump mount bolts into the gt350 spot and the pump accepts the ford cooling line connector, it would also work.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm interested in seeing that document too.
It's in the form of an email and I don't feel comfortable cutting and pasting it directly here, but I will paraphrase below. The email was from Mike Robins at Ford Performance. The email address was given out on this forum - and I was worried that he would be overwhelmed and irritated by too many emails, but I'm desperate for a solution and information, so I emailed him anyway. He was terrific and sent me three emails in two days. I was very impressed with him. I don't want to give out his info again because I would hate to irritate him after he was so great with replying to me.

He said he believed the solutions will be affordable, but we all know that different people have completely different ideas of what is affordable. My dealer quoted me a cost for adding coolers to my car that seemed like too much to me, and the impression I got is that Ford Performance's first solution will cost more. However, that solution will include the complete track pack setup with a transmission. The second setup will be lines and a cooler and I'm not sure whether Ford Performance will supply a pump with it or if the car's owner will need to purchase one.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Mike Robins is a solid guy. If we had access to a Shelby we could modify the factory parts and install an electric pump but the kit would be expensive to most. $1000 with factory parts and an electric pump. $700 with aftermarket parts.

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Mike Robins is a solid guy. If we had access to a Shelby we could modify the factory parts and install an electric pump but the kit would be expensive to most. $1000 with factory parts and an electric pump. $700 with aftermarket parts.
Oh hey I have a Shelby just sitting..holla

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Honestly sorry you owners on this side are dealing with this issue. Was hoping to see some snakes at the track this summer and ready to run.

To me this is big time false advertising and now they may potential charge you hundreds of dollars to correct the issue so you can realistically receive the performance they advertised? I believe there's a lawsuit in here somewhere. Also major embarrassment to the engineers at Ford Performance.
I've got a Lawer on it now

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
I could be wrong, but I think most of the folks having limp mode problems would gladly pony up a grand or more for a solution, just my .02 ...

Sponsored

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
I could be wrong, but I think most of the folks having limp mode problems would gladly pony up a grand or more for a solution, just my .02 ...
Shit..I'd pay it in a heartbeat..but deep down inside I don't feel like I should...its a principal thing for me..
Ford is supposed to call me back Monday with some information..if it doesn't get resolved I'll repair it the alternative rout.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I updated our Fluid Kits today on our website so if anyone wants to see how much of an improvement oil may make in the transmission temperature wise step right up. :headbang:

I'm writing preliminary instructions for now so if anyone wants to try a kit and give feedback on the instructions maybe shoot some decent photos it would be appreciated in the form of a coupon code good on a future order :cheers:

All The Kits We Have are HERE

Specific to the NON-Track Pack Shelby Transmission is HERE
GT350  NON R Trans Kit.jpg

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Shit..I'd pay it in a heartbeat..but deep down inside I don't feel like I should...its a principal thing for me..
I understand and agree wholeheartedly! I had an order for a MY16 tech pack that got cancelled and replaced with a MY17 or I'd be in your shoes.

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
I updated our Fluid Kits today on our website so if anyone wants to see how much of an improvement oil may make in the transmission temperature wise step right up. :headbang:

I'm writing preliminary instructions for now so if anyone wants to try a kit and give feedback on the instructions maybe shoot some decent photos it would be appreciated in the form of a coupon code good on a future order :cheers:

All The Kits We Have are HERE

Specific to the NON-Track Pack Shelby Transmission is HERE
If I have to fix my tranny myself I'll snatch some of your stuff up..we used to use BG products at the dealership I work at..all our techs loved the BG line.

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Talk to me about your 1000 option..
Sponsored