2015-17 Performance Pack elements

Giaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Premium PP
Hello everyone. Before I start, let me introduce myself. I'm Marco, and I'm I new to this forum, so sorry if (probably) there is already posts like this one.
I'm writing from Italy because I love pony (and of course muscle) cars and I just bought an 2016 US model Mustang GT premium with the performance package.
My questions are about this last one. Unfortunately I saw a lot of videos and also I saw the brochure but I didn't understand some things of it.
In particular:
1) The radiator should has a bigger core and/or larger size isn't it? And which core or size it must have? Because my car is fixed so my fear is that he put on a standard one.Seeing it on the car (without bumper and other things around), it doesn't seem particularly bigger to me.. but I don't know how is a pp one and a standard one because there aren't pics around that show the differences.
2) What they mean for "abs and stability control tuning, unique chassis tuning, unique electric power-assisted steering" ? (2016 official ford brochure cit.)
3) The suspension: the front springs should be harder, aren't them? Are the rear shock monotube?
4)The rear swaybar should be upsized, what they mean? Is it thicker?

I need to know this just because I wanna know what should I have to upgrade and what is already good. Here the shipping costs are extremely high. I made a lot of aesthetic mods but the engine is stock.
Thanks you all !!
Sponsored

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Base radiator:
FR3Z-8005-F
Performance Pack Radiator:
FR3Z-8005-G

ABS, Traction control and Stability assist all can be disabled, Unique Power-assisted steering, see your owners manual.

Performance Pack springs are stiffer, and rear ARB is thicker, than the base model.

OP
OP

Giaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
Base radiator:
FR3Z-8005-F
Performance Pack Radiator:
FR3Z-8005-G

ABS, Traction control and Stability assist all can be disabled, Unique Power-assisted steering, see your owners manual.

Performance Pack springs are stiffer, and rear ARB is thicker, than the base model.

Thanks you for your info. Unfortunately I don't have the sticker with the code on mine radiator, and every website reports a different size for both. The only thing that I visually noticed is the black stripe on the high end of the pp one (mine hasn't it, but I think is only a rubber isolator that someone gives you it and other no). Anyway thanks

P.S. I know that track control and advance track control can be disabled but I thought it could be possible on all models not only pp ones.

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
To be 100% positive of what you have, you'd likely need the original window sticker. These are not easy to come by, for a second owner. However, I bought a full service manual for my 2017 Mustang GT from https://www.factory-manuals.com/. I bought my stang brand new, but it's nice to have the window sticker information digital, and their service manual also provides the window sticker. Here is some content from the owners manual:
2017 ford mustang gt stability control owners manual.JPG
2017 ford mustang gt stability control owners manual0.JPG

2017 ford mustang gt stability control owners manual1.JPG

While these gauges can be added, they come default with the performance pack.

2017 ford mustang gt stability control owners manual2.JPG

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I remember saving this off the board years ago. Hope it helps.

PerfPack.PNG

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
4 parts missing, Performance Pack chin spoiler, performance pack belly pan, and both front wheel well liners.
Yes. Apparently whoever made this graphic just included the FP parts included, and not the full laundry list.

(Note the PP option price, how things have changed)....

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Yes. Apparently whoever made this graphic just included the FP parts included, and not the full laundry list.

(Note the PP option price, how things have changed)....
Oh yea, I fully agree. When I purchased mine in 2016, could not afford the performance pack, and have added the street handling pack, the brembo's, and the wheels. With, plans on the 3.73's and the torsen next year. It's not been cheap at all...

OP
OP

Giaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
Oh yea, I fully agree. When I purchased mine in 2016, could not afford the performance pack, and have added the street handling pack, the brembo's, and the wheels. With, plans on the 3.73's and the torsen next year. It's not been cheap at all...
In europe you can only buy one version of this car.. a premium one with a pp that not includes all these things

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
The PP radiator has a higher cooling capacity than the standard one, however, visually I don't believe there's any significant differences that make it easy to tell one from the other. Maybe someone here who has access to both can take some measurements to determine what the actual differences are?

ABS, stability and traction controls, and even the power steering are managed by computer modules in the car. Supposedly, the PP cars got slightly different programming in those modules to favor more aggressive driving styles typical of track use, but in the real world that's mostly just marketing hype and I doubt very many drivers would notice any difference in those systems during street driving, and a lot of racers turn off as much of those controls as possible when running at a track anyway so it's kind of meaningless, but either way that paragraph from the brochure is mainly just marketing as all of those systems are present on all GT's.

"Unique chassis tuning" is a term that involves several components of the car; springs, shocks, sway bars, bushings, tires size and compound, wheel offset, alignment, and the list goes on. Yes, the PP cars have unique chassis tuning because many of those parts are specific to the PP option, so the statement is true, but again, it's just a marketing statement being redundant for the sake of filling out a sales brochure. It's not 1 specific thing that can be verified by looking at a part.

Sponsored

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I just bought an 2016 US model Mustang GT premium with the performance package.
My translation of this, is you've bought a US Spec 2016 Mustang GT, which can be several trims. I already knew about europe getting a premium variant, that consisted of a mix of the US Spec premium, and some performance pack gear tossed in.

OP
OP

Giaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
The PP radiator has a higher cooling capacity than the standard one, however, visually I don't believe there's any significant differences that make it easy to tell one from the other. Maybe someone here who has access to both can take some measurements to determine what the actual differences are?

ABS, stability and traction controls, and even the power steering are managed by computer modules in the car. Supposedly, the PP cars got slightly different programming in those modules to favor more aggressive driving styles typical of track use, but in the real world that's mostly just marketing hype and I doubt very many drivers would notice any difference in those systems during street driving, and a lot of racers turn off as much of those controls as possible when running at a track anyway so it's kind of meaningless, but either way that paragraph from the brochure is mainly just marketing as all of those systems are present on all GT's.

"Unique chassis tuning" is a term that involves several components of the car; springs, shocks, sway bars, bushings, tires size and compound, wheel offset, alignment, and the list goes on. Yes, the PP cars have unique chassis tuning because many of those parts are specific to the PP option, so the statement is true, but again, it's just a marketing statement being redundant for the sake of filling out a sales brochure. It's not 1 specific thing that can be verified by looking at a part.
thank you very much you were very clear

OP
OP

Giaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
My translation of this, is you've bought a US Spec 2016 Mustang GT, which can be several trims. I already knew about europe getting a premium variant, that consisted of a mix of the US Spec premium, and some performance pack gear tossed in.
yes, exactly. I bought a US versione for these reasons, because is a complete car, more customizable and I think it is the great thing of the Mustang. Unfortunately almost all mustangs that come from USA are fixed, and is extremely rare to find them well equipped...
In the Europe ones, you have a pp that not include the 3.73:1 gear, they have different manifold so the car has 321 hp instead of 435, don't have the gauge pack, hood heat extractors and a lot of bad aesthetic differences. The only option you can choose is the Recaro seats and (I think because I'm not sure it's optional) the shaker pro.

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Unfortunately almost all mustangs that come from USA are fixed,
What is this 'fixed' ???

I was stationed in Germany, in the early 90's. Soldiers regularly sold american spec cars to German nationals. Maybe, check near US Military installations in Italy, there are still some there too.

As far as I know, all of the s550 mustangs are assembled at Flat Rock, even the ones shipped world-wide.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Giaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
What is this 'fixed' ???

I was stationed in Germany, in the early 90's. Soldiers regularly sold american spec cars to German nationals. Maybe, check near US Military installations in Italy, there are still some there too.

As far as I know, all of the s550 mustangs are assembled at Flat Rock, even the ones shipped world-wide.
Sorry I say fixed to say a car that it had an accident and was repaired.
I bought mine in German
Sponsored