17 GT with Ford Performance Pack 2

quabbinman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP,Power Pac 2
When using the no lift shit engine, breaks up Like the rev eliminator is cutting in ...is there a Ford fix for the problem
Sponsored

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
As far as I'm aware, there's no such thing as a '17 PP2, and Ford doesn't have no lift shift capabilities. The reason you feel like the rev limiter is kicking in is because it is. Bouncing off the rev limiter isn't good.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.. no 17 PP2. Unless you wanna post up your window sticker showing otherwise.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I think he is referring to the Performance Pack 2 tune available from Ford Performance.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I think he is referring to the Performance Pack 2 tune available from Ford Performance.
Haha.. and that's why I need hooked-on-phonics LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP

quabbinman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
As far as I'm aware, there's no such thing as a '17 PP2, and Ford doesn't have no lift shift capabilities. The reason you feel like the rev limiter is kicking in is because it is. Bouncing off the rev limiter isn't good.
Thank you for your reply,You are right there is no PP2,I meant it to be Fords Performance Power Pack 2 which comes with the no lift shift option..

Fords exclusive no-lift shift strategy and enhanced throttle response will have you banging through all 6 gears without lifting your foot...That's right from the horse's mouth...but it does not work as it should,engine starts to break up at around 6000rpms...Mustang Forum has over 30 posts from Mustang owners with the same problem,but without any fixes to date...

I have been power shifting for over 50 yrs without it being an option...[although I did get towed home more than once]

i was hoping to find a fix on this forum...

Thank you again

Ken

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Are we sure that's not how it's designed to limit RPM while flat foot shifting?

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Aaah. Have you tried calling Ford Performance to see what's going on?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
When using the no lift shit engine, breaks up Like the rev eliminator is cutting in ...is there a Ford fix for the problem
You might be running into the limiter, Try Shifting at 6 grand and see if does the same thing.

bloodocean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
If you even lightly have your foot on the clutch anticipating a shift around full throttle, the no lift kicks in and cuts power, resulting in a stumble. Same thing if you feed in any throttle at all when letting the clutch back out.

In my opinion, it’s better to just get used to using no lift, karate kicking the clutch from a distance and keeping the gas pegged. It actually shifts pretty smoothly.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

quabbinman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Are we sure that's not how it's designed to limit RPM while flat foot shifting?[/QUOTE

This info is from Ford Performance

• Fits 2015-2017 Mustang GT
  • Features exclusive no-lift shift strategy and enhanced throttle response
  • Ford Performance calibrations feature exclusive Ford proprietary software and engineering
  • Ford Performance calibrations are 50 state legal with CARB EO (D-598-19)
  • Calibrations available for manual and automatic transmission
  • Allows gear ratio changes up to 4.09:1
  • Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule
  • Premium fuel, 91 octane or higher, is required
  • NOTE: The Ford Performance Oil-Air Seperator - M-6766-A50 - does not fit properly due to throttle body stack up/alignment
  • Calibrations are for US and Canadian vehicles only

OP
OP

quabbinman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
If you even lightly have your foot on the clutch anticipating a shift around full throttle, the no lift kicks in and cuts power, resulting in a stumble. Same thing if you feed in any throttle at all when letting the clutch back out.

In my opinion, it’s better to just get used to using no lift, karate kicking the clutch from a distance and keeping the gas pegged. It actually shifts pretty smoothly.
Are you saying that you should have your left foot hovering over the clutch pedal between shifts?...that would take some getting used to...I don't that was he programmers intent...

Thank you for your imput

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Bloodocean is correct. I was one of the first with the pp1 and I had this same problem when shifting fast my foot was barely on the clutch pedal causing this engine sputter. Took a while to figure out what was happening. I disliked this no lift shift feature so much that I got rid of the pp1 for a steeda tune.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Haha.. and that's why I need hooked-on-phonics LOL
meh, you're fine. It's more of a consistent issue everyone seems to have with reading online. Ford Performance released a Power Pack 1 (M-9603-M8), 2 (M-9603-M8A), and 3 (M-9452-M8).

Same as everyone that calls the Performance Pack a Track Pack but I'll give them a little slack because that's a carry over from the S197s.

OP
OP

quabbinman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Bloodocean is correct. I was one of the first with the pp1 and I had this same problem when shifting fast my foot was barely on the clutch pedal causing this engine sputter. Took a while to figure out what was happening. I disliked this no lift shift feature so much that I got rid of the pp1 for a steeda tune.
i considered using a Bama or steeda tune,but my car is a 17 with just 5000 miles, Ford will void the warranty if I do

I thank you for your input,

Maybe there is a Ford rep out there reading theses posts here and on other Mustang Forums
Sponsored