Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

fabianvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 5.0
Ordered the PP2 in early May, Received it a few weeks ago. Last Monday had an ASE Mechanic install the hardware and we installed the tune. Only 100 or so miles on it, but I'm impressed and happy! No glitches, everything seems to work as its supposed to.

I haven't really opened it up, but in normal mode it pulls a lot harder, especially the 2000-3000 rpm range. Always annoyed having to switch to Sport every time I started the car for it to feel lively, now I don't have to. Didn't notice much difference now switching to Sport, but I didn't leave it there long.

I have the Ford Racing Sport Catbacks and the tone is deeper now. I was worried I would hear the sucking sound like the old open air filters, but there's none of that. Overall the car seems to run noticeably smoother and stronger than with the stock setup. Being a Performance Package, first gear will always mean its already time to shift to second gear, but once in second on up it's fun to drive :-).

Mileage may have dropped just a bit, not sure, but showing 19 vs 20-21. I won a SCT Tuner at a Mustang event not long after I ordered and it was hard to just leave it sitting on the shelf while waiting for the PP2 on backorder, but I'm glad I did. I think Ford got it right and I feel a good difference :-).
Do the revs hang in an annoying way? Only negative I have read about it online
Sponsored

PPstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO PP Mustang
Not at all. I haven't tried the no lift shift and I have the Steeda lighter clutch spring so I just don't know yet. On start up stock, it always revved higher for a few minutes during warmup, doesn't do that now.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Alright, I have an appointment to get PP2 installed this Thursday. Pretty excited!

Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
[MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] talk me out of (or into) a PP3. I really just want that redline bump and another two years of warranty.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My PP2 showed up today. Didn't know it comes with inlet tube thought you was modifying stock inlet tube. I had bought one guess 27.00 dollars didn't hurt me.

Have to put it in this weekend and use my ASE #

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Alright, I have an appointment to get PP2 installed this Thursday. Pretty excited!
I know you've been thinking about it for a while now but I Think your gonna love it!

Hotlaprc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
[MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] talk me out of (or into) a PP3. I really just want that redline bump and another two years of warranty.
I would like the same info ...... can't decide between PP2 or PP3

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
as nike once said "just do it". either way you get a bump in the rev limit just depends on whether or not you want the extra 300rpm bump over the pp2.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Alright ladies and gents, just got home from having my PP2 installed at the dealership. My first thought, why didn't I do this sooner?! What a huge difference! I dropped off my car at 9 and was ready around noon. The tech removed the stock intake and throttle fairly quickly but when it came to the tune, he and the service manager said my MacBook wouldn't work and said he would have to re register my PP2 with his PC laptop. However, I had already registered and dowloaded the tune last night so I was ready to go. They finally gave in and we were able to load the tune straight from my MacBook so I have my stock file.

A few initial thoughts:
-Engine bay looks so much cleaner with the GT350 intake
-You can definitely hear the intake suction around 4k
-Car is louder at warm start up and idle
-Getting more crackle from the Corsa Extremes
-Intake/TB closing sound is pretty apparent when shutting off

I'll report back tomorrow morning after a cold start regarding that and any rev hang but as of now, drivability is awesome :thumbsup:

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
:D I got it installed there is big difference :D

After programming all traction control were turn off and couldn't change drive modes. Was able to after shutting car off and restart everything normal. Sound tube not hard to remove and don't have to rip it out either. Plug can be little fun but right tools it's simple.

Other thing thought maybe t-stat was messed up temp reading was goofy at times. Took it out and it was 180 deg stat and replacement t-stat is 190 deg. Was wondering if PP cars came with lower temp t-stat? I don't remember reading they did except for bigger Radiator. Tested it and it's fine need to check or dirt between rad and condenser
Sponsored

Last edited: