Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

georgev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base Auto
Just received my power pack 2 from summit racing today. Now I have to decide if I want a dealer to install or just do it myself. I live in Toronto and I don't know of any dealer that has done this install, so I'm leaning towards doing it myself.

Lucky this forum has great instructions on the install because the Ford provided instructions suck.
Sponsored

fabianvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 5.0
Just received my power pack 2 from summit racing today. Now I have to decide if I want a dealer to install or just do it myself. I live in Toronto and I don't know of any dealer that has done this install, so I'm leaning towards doing it myself.

Lucky this forum has great instructions on the install because the Ford provided instructions suck.

Post back with your review after :D

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Picked up my car last night after having the PP2 installed. It's a bit early for a full review, but here are some first impressions...

(2016 GT Premium M6, 3.55)
Fantastic! Many of the irritating quirks of the factory calibration are gone. I had previously wished there was a way to set the default driving mode to Sport+, and the PP2 takes care of a that (at least so far as the throttle mapping) since the new "normal" mode isn't as reserved below 4,000rpm as the stock calibration was.

The extra torque is very noticeable and really helps it climb out of the low rpms. And the throttle mapping is much smoother over the rpm range so that burst of power at 4,000rpm, just a split second before I push in the clutch to up-shift, is now gone. That really bugged me since it would "sprint" forward and then immediately fall back when the clutch disengaged.

I haven't had a chance to tryout the other drive modes yet. Multiple drive modes is a nice concept in theory but for driving the M6 the wildly different throttle mappings, for me at least, created more problems than they solved. Driving in normal mode all the time formed clutch/throttle coordination muscle memories that were no good for driving in Sport+ mode. And since it wasn't possible to choose a desired default mode, I had to reset the driving mode with every ignition cycle. Mostly, I forgot...

They really only need 2 drive modes: Normal (full throttle response with muted or no AdvanceTrac) and Rain/Snow (muted throttle response and full AdvanceTrac).

Overall so far... Very pleased and looking forward to getting to know the car all over again.

Quick69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cali Special A6
got mine today for my 17 GT A6 3.55's and mbrp race catback, drove it tonight some and didn't really notice a difference which is disappointing to say the least. I have a 1/4 mile track day in 2 weeks so that will tell the real story.

Sponsored

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
You will drop a half second in the 1/4 and pick up 5mph dont worry

Quick69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cali Special A6
You will drop a half second in the 1/4 and pick up 5mph dont worry
I figure 2 tenths and maybe 1-2 mph

drove it a good bit this morning and she is rolling out pretty good now

got on interstate with the ramp a lil damp and broke the tires loose around
40 mph and it definately didn't do that before :headbang:

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
So for people who install this on a weekend and run into issues who do you call? Tech line says m-f 8-5. Hate to have the car sit until Monday morning.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
So for people who install this on a weekend and run into issues who do you call? Tech line says m-f 8-5. Hate to have the car sit until Monday morning.
It's a pretty straightforward install. If you do have issues, circle back to the instructions.

You can also go through this thread and a few others. If all else fails, shout out to one of us with a detailed question and I'm sure one of us will be able to help you out:thumbsup:

You got this!

Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
got mine today for my 17 GT A6 3.55's and mbrp race catback, drove it tonight some and didn't really notice a difference which is disappointing to say the least. I have a 1/4 mile track day in 2 weeks so that will tell the real story.
That's kind of how I felt as everybody talked about such great changes they noticed and mine was only mildly noticed

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I was one of the OG group buys. 9 months later i decide to put it on.
I as well. It sat in my garage for 6 months. I was worried about a couple issues that people were
complaining about but bit the bullitt and did the install myself.

I found that the issues were ridiculously minor and when Ford Performance offered a beta tune
that resolved these issues I was VERY pleased with the overall package. Go for it:thumbsup:

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
Does anyone know if the tb makes the noise on the pp3 when shutting off the car? Anyone with pp2 is that getting old or are you fine with it?

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Yes it does
Sponsored