Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't tell you I didn't engineer it lol. But it is a ford tune so I wouldn't expect to much more out of it. I'm sure I will get it down to a 12.4 by end of season. Maybe bring it up to 115 with a super low Da. I saw someone post with the pp2 running a 12.0 with a 1.6ish 60ft at 115 so I think it's about the same as that just a different power band. But I could totally see a pro tuner squeezing out 118mph and a high 11 with a good 60ft.

Also I didn't run the tuning myself so I'm not entirely sure whether or not the dealership enabled the octane learn adjust which would cause the car to be a little slower. I think they set it up properly though based on the results and not having seen anyone else running the pp3 at the track. Maybe someone else can post some times up.
Ya that post was me running 12.08 @ 115.3 with a 1.688 60ft. Remember I am on slicks launching at 5k. But regardless of launch your mph should be higher unless your having to let off because of wheel hop. I'm not sure what the da was that day but It was in the 80's with mild humity. I'm in pa but ran at cecil on md so we are pretty close. I'm heading back down in sept after some suspension mods and a rear wheel bearing replacement! I'm not to impressed with the whole IRS set up but loving the PP2!
Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not sure what you're stating/asking? If you're referring to my statement about the differences? I was informing people that this isn't an aftermarket-like "toon". I attempted to screen cap them but there are too many differences as well as additions to the OS. Ford kept the GT350 MAF transfer intact (which is part of the reason it uses the GT350 TB) however the way they attacked the TB issues isn't GT350-like.
Not sure what the Steeda comment means?

Was using my phone to reply :mad:.

Ford kept GT350 throttle body and CAI (filter and tube assemble) together and that they had to change calibration or write whole new one for all changes. I think for whole new calibration was to meet standards of Ford, emissions and to be 50 states legal. I know that most tuners change parts of program to get changes they want. Not here to fight with you

Steeda comment was just I have used them before without issue. Looking there CAI because I was wanting 91 and 93 octane tune. But seen you can adjust for octane with Procal if I seen that correctly

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
Loving the exhaust note from PP2. I'm in the yeller. first car up the straight and this is with a stock exhaust.

[ame]

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Talking about PCM I wonder if Ford Racing Coyote power pak controller and 96 GT tach output the same. My brother will be Coyote swap into his 1996 GT. So many say its so hard to make stock cluster to hard. From my stand point no its not but so many just want plug and play. Seem to be afraid to hookup ONE freaking wire for the TACH.

Then he asks me if PP2 calibration can be put in control pak. I don't think so but I'm told calibration in control pak is something like PP2
Very doubtful. The '96 doesn't have a CAN BUS.

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
Hijacking this thread to pp1 for a moment. Steve from FP called me on 7/21 to tell me that a revised calibration for pp1 was available for download. Downloaded and will test on my morning commute tomorrow. If anyone is still interested. Pp2 is sitting in a box in the garage, but I'll hold off a while so I can drive with the revised pp1 cal.

Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Very doubtful. The '96 doesn't have a CAN BUS.
5.0 Control pak has tach output wire just like 96 PCM has. Just wondering if they have same signal. Remember Control pak not for production cars its for swapping Coyote in other vehicle so it's hard wire for the tach. Yes current mustang gauges get it's info or data by Can nothing is hard wired.

Everything now use datalink, Can bus or J1939 (250k or 500K speed). Now there starting to use fiber optics for commutations between computers on cars. Sometime soon trucks will use it if it can survive beating trucks get

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
5.0 Control pak has tach output wire just like 96 PCM has. Just wondering if they have same signal. Remember Control pak not for production cars its for swapping Coyote in other vehicle so it's hard wire for the tach. Yes current mustang gauges get it's info or data by Can nothing is hard wired.

Everything now use datalink, Can bus or J1939 (250k or 500K speed). Now there starting to use fiber optics for commutations between computers on cars. Sometime soon trucks will use it if it can survive beating trucks get
ah. yeah. That tach line should put out the old-school pulse per spark.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Hijacking this thread to pp1 for a moment. Steve from FP called me on 7/21 to tell me that a revised calibration for pp1 was available for download. Downloaded and will test on my morning commute tomorrow. If anyone is still interested. Pp2 is sitting in a box in the garage, but I'll hold off a while so I can drive with the revised pp1 cal.
What are the revisions?

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Ya that post was me running 12.08 @ 115.3 with a 1.688 60ft. Remember I am on slicks launching at 5k. But regardless of launch your mph should be higher unless your having to let off because of wheel hop. I'm not sure what the da was that day but It was in the 80's with mild humity. I'm in pa but ran at cecil on md so we are pretty close. I'm heading back down in sept after some suspension mods and a rear wheel bearing replacement! I'm not to impressed with the whole IRS set up but loving the PP2!
no wheel hop here I just launched around 2500 on the 2.0 60ft and around 3000 on the 1.9. Tires didn't spin at all, I'm sure I could launch closer to 4000 but I was testing it out. not sure why the mph is so low. :shrug:

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Talking about PCM I wonder if Ford Racing Coyote power pak controller and 96 GT tach output the same. My brother will be Coyote swap into his 1996 GT. So many say its so hard to make stock cluster to hard. From my stand point no its not but so many just want plug and play. Seem to be afraid to hookup ONE freaking wire for the TACH.

Then he asks me if PP2 calibration can be put in control pak. I don't think so but I'm told calibration in control pak is something like PP2
The problem I see, based on the schematics, is that the M-6017-N50A and 504V Control Pack doesn't have a tach output wire. You'll need some form of CAN based digital dash.
You could use a Power Pack calibration IF you were using HP Tuners. They can read and modify the OS and files on FP Control Packs and Power Packs, SCT can not. The kit you're speaking of is for a return style system and uses the stock GT MAF transfer function but is set to run on a return style fuels system.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
What are the revisions?
I was having rev hang at around 3K when taking my foot off the throttle. Also, letting off the throttle in 1st or 2nd would throw me against the seatbelt. Very jerky. This morning on my commute I noticed that both of those issues were resolved. Took about 30 seconds to download the revised cal.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Is there a separate thread for the PP1 users? I've basically overlooked the PP1 option, but if the calibration alone accounts for the bulk of the PP2 gains it might be worth it to buy the PP1 and throw away the filter just using the updated tune. Might be a viable way to get almost the same gains as PP2 and correct the throttle mapping and overall behavior of the car, yet save a ton of cash at the same time...

I'll have to search around for a "satisfied customers" thread for PP1...

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
it might be worth it to buy the PP1 and throw away the filter just using the updated tune. Might be a viable way to get almost the same gains as PP2 and correct the throttle mapping and overall behavior of the car, yet save a ton of cash at the same time...
Thats not a good idea. The tune is mapped for more cfm of the CAI as well. If you go this route it'll probably run like crap and throw a code.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Thats not a good idea. The tune is mapped for more cfm of the CAI as well. If you go this route it'll probably run like crap and throw a code.
I would agree for PP2, but PP1 just comes with the calibration and some "high flow" filter that uses the factory air box. However, high flow without additional surface area usually means a less efficient media... No thanks to that. I'd rather filter more grit than get marginally more cfm.

I am also assuming that the majority of the gains from PP1 are achieved by the calibration improvements based on requiring 91 octane fuel.

PP2 achieves higher air flow with a larger filter as well as a larger air tube and larger throttle body. The way it should be done.
Sponsored