Sponsored

2002 Camaro SS VS. Ecoboost

EcoSith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TUNE+ Meth injected Mustang
Camaro- Straight pipes n shiny corvette wheels. *Manual
Ecoboost- Magnaflow Competiton Catback exhaust, Airaid Cai, Boomba racing BOV adapter. *auto/paddleshifters

Got off work and got to the light. Usual v-8 shit talk and how his manhood and engine are superior. Nobody was around. He revved for an eternity and wants d to see how badly ford fucked up another "***stang."
Anyways, from a dig I was pulling on him and put 2 car lengths between us. He did a ricer fly by to the exit. I know it's an old car vs new car bought yeah. Was he just a shit driver or did Jesus take the wheel on my Ecoboost?:crazy :crazy::headbonk::ford:
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Hate to break it to you, but there is no way a non-tuned EB is getting away from an LS1 car. It's just not happening.

OP
OP

EcoSith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess he wasn't trying.

MrBillton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 LS, 2018 Charger Scat Pack
all things being equal, his car is def faster right now, but the cars are close enough in performance to where it can go either way based on some small variables...maybe you got the jump on him, maybe he's not a good driver, maybe his tires are bald...

in any case...sounds like you toasted him, nice Camaro kill :)

OP
OP

EcoSith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks buddy! I know, those LS1's are nothin to sleep on I was just surprised. Gotta save up for that tune and I can sleep at night. lol nice stangs btw!

Sponsored

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
EcoSith you need a tune otherwise you're just EcoPadawan ;)

OP
OP

EcoSith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know! )))): I must let the Accessport force guide me. Sad part my name is Dawan cue high school horrible bullying memories

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Keep modding. Your closing in fast on LS1 power levels.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
A 2002 Camaro and a EcoBoost Mustang are pretty evenly matched. They both weight approximately the same, they both are rated at 310HP, the Camaro has a slight peak torque rating of 340 ve the EBs 320.

I would say it's a drivers race everytime.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
A 2002 Camaro and a EcoBoost Mustang are pretty evenly matched. They both weight approximately the same, they both are rated at 310HP, the Camaro has a slight peak torque rating of 340 ve the EBs 320.

I would say it's a drivers race everytime.
Youd be incredibly wrong about that. A stock EB doesn't stand a chance against an LS1 with equal drivers.

Sponsored

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
Just throwing this out there:
Motortrend and Motorweek got 13.5 1/4 times with the 02 camaro ss and curb weight listed as 3323 for the stick and 3380 with the auto.
But I would assume most on the road by now are not stock.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
This is the problem with racing magazine times. Stock F-Body cars have been in the 12's stock. While not the norm, it can happen. I discourage cherrypicking results even though I know it is the preferred method on this forum.

TurboMetal

Deadlift or Die.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0
Granted the magazine times are not the limits of a vehicle nor are the results set in stone but they are published results that can be used as a reference. Just like some ppl got faster 1/4 mile times with their EBs than the magazines. I take the magazine times as what the average driver would do.

I would guess the camaro driver should of got an auto. hah

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Granted the magazine times are not the limits of a vehicle nor are the results set in stone but they are published results that can be used as a reference. Just like some ppl got faster 1/4 mile times with their EBs than the magazines. I take the magazine times as what the average driver would do.

I would guess the camaro driver should of got an auto. hah
Fast ford and muscle mustang also posted 12 second runs in a story called know your enemy as far as published numbers go! There's not a stock EB on earth anywhere close to running in the 12s. I don't bench race. I hit the track a couple times a month and the EB doesn't stand a chance against an LS1 powered car with equal drivers. Or as you put it two average drivers. The good news for the 4 banger guys, it only takes a few mods to make LS1 power.
Sponsored

Last edited: