1968 Fastback Build

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Sweet progress! Any time line to finish?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bobn57

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet progress! Any time line to finish?
My son says this year but i know better :cwl: When he was 17 he flatbedded home a burnt out 185 BobCat Skid Steer. Every piece of rubber and plastic, control box, lights, etc.was melted and all glass was broken. He told me it would be up and running in 6 months. It lived in my garage for 4 years before it could move on its own power. He did a great job restoring it and using it for his business. I don't need a crystal ball for the 68 :cwl:

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Progress is progress, nice to see it moving in the right direction and the shop u picked seems legit. I read horror stories 0f those shops and keeping ppls cars forever. Good job!

OP
OP
Bobn57

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Progress is progress, nice to see it moving in the right direction and the shop u picked seems legit. I read horror stories 0f those shops and keeping ppls cars forever. Good job!
thanks. They are within a mile of our house and do good work. They painted the aluminum hood on my 06 GT a few years ago and it was beautiful job. We have to grind down the welding marks (my son's and body shop) and then send it for the walnut blasting and undercoating. That should take place in next week or so. After that it goes back to body shop for body work (which shouldn't be much since all new metal) and top coat. I'm guessing we can start building by mid summer. That will be the fun part. It will be nice working on something clean and not getting rust in your eyes!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Any progress updates?

OP
OP
Bobn57

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any progress updates?
we're sending the stang to media blaster on July 22. He uses a very low pressure system to get down to the bare metal which does not damage the surface. He will then coat entire body inside and out with a primer and finally undercoating underneath. After that it goes back to body shop for minor body work and paint. Looks like it will be a Ford GT 500 Red. We don't have a slot for body and paint reserved yet so no telling how long after the bead blasting it can see the body shop.

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Hey bob, just checkin in for updates...and also.i was at my parents and snapped pics of his 67 & 71.....i wish he held on to em.

You ever run at island?

20220702_144118.jpg

20220702_144136.jpg

OP
OP
Bobn57

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey bob, just checkin in for updates...and also.i was at my parents and snapped pics of his 67 & 71.....i wish he held on to em.

You ever run at island?

20220702_144118.jpg

20220702_144136.jpg
Hey Dion....nice pics. I never ran any of my stuff on the track....only on the street. Dumb kid back then! :cwl: Looking back I'm happy I never hurt myself or others. Once I was running my 70 Torino Cobra alone and the rear right leaf spring U bolt clamps that held the rear housing snapped. It made the whole rear pivot and I skidded towards a center concrete divider. Cobra came to rest just before divider. was surprised I was still able to nurse the rear to the center of the spring perch and slowly drive home. If anyone was next to me I would have taken us both out.
did some damage to the wheel well but drive shaft and u joint were not damaged. things happen fast!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sorry I missed this thread from the beginning. Just catching up! Nice.

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Great work, nice project - love to see it if you go to any local NJ shows

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Hey Dion....nice pics. I never ran any of my stuff on the track....only on the street. Dumb kid back then! :cwl: Looking back I'm happy I never hurt myself or others. Once I was running my 70 Torino Cobra alone and the rear right leaf spring U bolt clamps that held the rear housing snapped. It made the whole rear pivot and I skidded towards a center concrete divider. Cobra came to rest just before divider. was surprised I was still able to nurse the rear to the center of the spring perch and slowly drive home. If anyone was next to me I would have taken us both out.
did some damage to the wheel well but drive shaft and u joint were not damaged. things happen fast!
its those kind of stories by i grew up hearing from my dad. lol crazy kids one time he drove his mach 1 home by a shoestring since the throttle cable snapped........ good thing i heard that story... i had to drive my hotrod home by a leftover wire when i snapped my trottle cable.

Lets hit up Island sometime? Friday evenings are test and tune... ill toss a thread up and see if it gets any traction....would be cool to hang and STS.

OP
OP
Bobn57

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
its those kind of stories by i grew up hearing from my dad. lol crazy kids one time he drove his mach 1 home by a shoestring since the throttle cable snapped........ good thing i heard that story... i had to drive my hotrod home by a leftover wire when i snapped my trottle cable.

Lets hit up Island sometime? Friday evenings are test and tune... ill toss a thread up and see if it gets any traction....would be cool to hang and STS.
:cwl: I think everyone lost a throttle cable at one time. That happened to me in my Cougar:cwl: I actually turned up the idle on the carb and crawled home.....:cwl:

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Any progress ?
Sponsored