Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
So looks like i haven't updated this in a bit. I was on vacation from the 16th through the 22nd. The car sat in my garage for that period, but my dad went out to start it once to let it run at least.

I picked up my all weather mats and trunk liner from the dealer. Some people say that they're disappointed with the trunk liner because it seems like a flimsy piece of plastic. Well, its not a mat, its a liner. It keeps the dirt in the liner and does not let it seep onto the carpet. Ill get some pics later this week.

Also, i just hit 1,000 miles yesterday! Mechanically sound, a few rattles here and there but i attribute it to our crappy as hell roads. There was a squealing sound that i started to hear (detailed in a thread in the tsb forum) but someone already debunked that for me. Saved me a trip to the dealer.

Currently my average MPG is up to 24! Its slowly climbing. I do about 90% highway driving so my goal is to get the factory estimate as my average. It hovers between 23.5 and 24 so I'm happy with that. Looking at doing an oil change within the next 500 miles or so.

Im hoping to get it properly detailed soon, so when that happens ill be sure to set up a photoshoot!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to update this.

Yesterday I got my plates!!!!![emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ITS NO LONGER NEW!!! Oh well the paper plates were getting old anyway.

Also, tomorrow it's going to the dealer. There is a bubble on the passenger dash pad that has been annoying me for a month and I'm finally taking it to get looked at and hopefully repaired under warranty.

Also, checked the oil at the beginning of the month (making it a ritual to check the oil at the beginning of each month) and it's still full. Oil looks clean.

Also have not seen any smoke coming out the exhaust indicative of a blown seal to the turbo like a few guys have gotten already.

Also, gas mileage has been consistent. Without calculating and just going off of the computer, I should say I've been seeing a consistent 23mpg. I expect it to get better as the Miles roll on. Also have already hit 2k miles.

Still loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Also, when I got my registration, it noted my weight as 3,530. Anyone know if that would be accurate for an EcoBoost similarly equipped as mine?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I really want to run mine across a scale to see what it weighs

To me it sounds about right considering a similarly equipped GT runs about 3,700lbs, which would mean the EcoBoost is still about 150lb lighter than the GT.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Hmm mine is a premium manual with a few options. So maybe 3600 to be safe?

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
That's probably about right because the PP wheels are heavier too

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Man a loaded EcoBoost like yours with the auto must be around 3700

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Lol he's a big boy for sure. I'm considering dumping the seats next time I go to the track

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Felt like updating this.

As of this past monday the car has been at the dealer getting the entire dash shell replaced. I made another thread in the TSB forum about the bubbling issue with the passenger dash pad. Im hoping i can get the car back tomorrow and report back on how the car feels now that I've had almost 75% of the interior disassembled to replace this thing.

Also inquired about the TSB for the brake squeal. Dealer now has front rotors and pads on order to fix that issue, so ill be taking it in on a later date to get those changed.

Hit 2600 miles. Still going strong. No mechanical issues to report. Tire wear still looks good, oil still looks clean, may be changing it at 5000 (waited till 8k and even 10k on my last car, won't be doing that again with this car). Transmission kinda doesn't like to be manhandled when doing WOT shifts (sometimes i have a hard time going into 2nd on a WOT shift, is that normal?)

Other than that, car is still awesome.

Oh, and i can hear the turbo whistle more now.

Ill post up some pics and report back on the quality of the interior after that major surgery.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
So it appears I haven't updated this thing in a couple of months so I suppose I should.

So far I'm at 4900 miles. I'm moving to LA in a few weeks and I'm gonna take it to the dealer for a service before I ship it. Gonna have them do a full synthetic oil change, tire rotation and checking the alignment. I want them to do the TSB for the brakes but if I have to wait I'll just wait till I get to LA to get that done.

Also, I got all of the damage repaired from the dashboard replacement I documented in a past thread. Issues I'm having now is dashboard rattles (I think it's the PP gauge trim piece rattling because the dash never rattled after the replacement, only after they replaced the gauge trim piece) and my driver door has a rattle after they replaced it. I'll just have the next dealer I go to take care of it.

I suffered a flat that I documented in another thread. I was able to get it patched. I'll probably just wait till all the tires are worn and then I'll replace it.

Every first of the month I do maintenance checks, it's a new ritual I'm doing with this car. So far all levels look good. Oil is now a dark brown so it's time to change it out.

Also, I finally understand the concept of heatsoak on an intercooler. When the weather was cool the car was much more lively. Now since it's really hot outside, the car feels down on power. I can really feel it. Although I said I really didn't want to modify this car, an intercooler may be something I need to do to keep good consistent power.

Also, MPG is really good. I would say I've been averaging 23mpg over all my tanks thus far. Lowest was 18mpg with all city driving and me having a lead foot, and highest was 26.1 mpg, and that was with me driving normally with some spirited jaunts. Once I move to the mainland I want to do a few road trips and really see what this car can do mileage wise.

OP
OP
Tamadrummer88

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)