Sponsored

18+ GT Performance Pack Update

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Just get a real tune and move on with your life... lol.

I created a post 3 weeks ago on gen3 engine failures tuned or stock. Not one catastrophic failure posted...
Sponsored

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
Just get a real tune and move on with your life... lol.

I created a post 3 weeks ago on gen3 engine failures tuned or stock. Not one catastrophic failure posted...
I have not been on here lately and just stumbled upon this, it happens all the time and my number 7 cylinder caved in at 6800 miles on my 19 gt, I have worked for ford for 14 years and have seen alot of blown motors since 2018, Ford replaced the entire motor.

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
With all the covid shutdowns happening, I would be stunned if this was released next month.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I have not been on here lately and just stumbled upon this, it happens all the time and my number 7 cylinder caved in at 6800 miles on my 19 gt, I have worked for ford for 14 years and have seen alot of blown motors since 2018, Ford replaced the entire motor.
Fake news buddy.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
But was this a case that was directly correlated to and blamed on the tune? If so then warranty work could have been denied even on the FP tune.

Hence why going with a proven tune from one of the reputable tuners that provide much better performance may be a better option than waiting for a tune with rather underwhelming performance that may not come out and likely could have denied warranty work on the above scenario regardless, if they blamed the tune for the failure.

Just food for thought. Obviously go with whatever makes you happy but at least weigh out the options.

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I’ve waited nearly a year half for this lol; apparently not worth it to have waited this long. I’ll just get a drop in filter and a aftermarket tune. Skipped the CAI after reading many posts saying it isn’t worth it on the 2018+ cars..

What tune/tuner and air filter do you guys recommend ?

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Any update on release?

charliechupacabra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I did the online chat with someone about it on Friday. They said the release date was pushed back due to covid-19 2-3 weeks but could be longer

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You can get something similar through Roush or Lund now.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Intake, TB and tune for <20whp/wtq peak increases. Seems a tad underwhelming for all the time and R&D that went into it.
I wouldn't blame Ford for the delay. CARB made them go back and redesign the CAI and do another test. Those guys are difficult at best to work with. As far as underwhelming, there are folks who said it wouldn't be worth it. I would say for those worried about warranty... it is worth it.

For me, I wanted to see if they introduced a new TB or not. It seems my hunch was right on with using the Bullitt TB and adapter.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
This is the reason I have been waiting so darn long for FPP performance pack. I was hoping that they would have come out with a new TB that helped flow more air into the engine since the author thought that maybe the TB was holding the build back on the ported '18 manifold and cam combo. With the results out and reevaluating the Roush results, I would say the results are almost exactly the same at peak without a TB. Roush never published a dyno (and Ford's isn't exactly specific) so it is hard to see what the TB actually accomplished, if anything. Though when you start modifying your engine... maybe it will be worth it.