Sponsored

'18 GT - Fuel Gauge Incorrectly Low

helloWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Maxima SE
Hello guys. I just purchased a used '18 GT auto premium with the 12" digital cluster and on my long ride back home from the dealer my fuel gauge went from showing a little over a 1/4 tank left to giving me a message saying that I only had five miles left in the tank and then suddenly showing an empty fuel gauge. I kind of freak out because a couple of miles ago it said I was at a little more than 1/4 tank. Anyways, I was able to "limp" the car to the nearest gas station on the highway and while pulling into the stall to fill up, my gas gauge miraculously shows up as being a little over 1/4 full :question: I was able to put about 10 gallons in.

What do you guys think is going on? Software glitch? Fuel sender unit? I plan on bringing it into the dealership because it only has 7,500 miles on it and should be under warranty.
Sponsored

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Yes, def. see what dealer says, on my 18, (A10) is quite accurate, actually

OP
OP
helloWorld

helloWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Maxima SE
Update: Brought the car into the dealership yesterday and basically was told that there were no check engine lights or DTC codes stored in the system, so they couldn't really do anything for me. Oh well, this certain fuel gauge issue has not happened again, so I cross my fingers it was a one time glitch.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
It happened few times on my 18 GT manual. The DTE indicator was showing 129 miles and the next minute it's down to 85 miles. Then after sometime it magically jumps back to 126 miles. I thought it was a glitch and if it happens more frequently I'll take it to the dealer.

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Hello guys. I just purchased a used '18 GT auto premium with the 12" digital cluster and on my long ride back home from the dealer my fuel gauge went from showing a little over a 1/4 tank left to giving me a message saying that I only had five miles left in the tank and then suddenly showing an empty fuel gauge. I kind of freak out because a couple of miles ago it said I was at a little more than 1/4 tank. Anyways, I was able to "limp" the car to the nearest gas station on the highway and while pulling into the stall to fill up, my gas gauge miraculously shows up as being a little over 1/4 full :question: I was able to put about 10 gallons in.

What do you guys think is going on? Software glitch? Fuel sender unit? I plan on bringing it into the dealership because it only has 7,500 miles on it and should be under warranty.

My 16 GT did the exact same thing today on a road trip. Was showing 1/4 tank and all of a sudden I look down and says low fuel 5 miles left and indicator is on E. I limped to the next exit gas station and was only able to put 11 gallons in. Freaked me out hope it doesn't happen anymore.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
never had this problem but I dont have the digital cluster

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Run a couple of tanks of gas with a good fuel system cleaner. If the sensor is flaky that could possible cure the problem.
Sponsored