170 MPH on public roads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP

Seems a bit excessive for public roads , IDK maybe I’m getting old.
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The roads suck so bad in California you could kill yourself at 100. What they’re doing is just ridiculous though.

H.7791

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The roads suck so bad in California you could kill yourself at 100. What they’re doing is just ridiculous though.
As high as the cost of living is out there and they can’t keep the roads in tip top shape? Makes you wonder what in the heck a lot of these states are doing with the money.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Disgusting. I've never been over 167 on public roads (deserted road between bankrupt farms). Got busted too, but given a written warning for 110 in a 45 IIRC. The Deputy Sherriff had no idea how fast I was actually going and probably couldn't identify me. He caught up with me stopped at the side of the road miles later chomping on an apple. Never saw him until then.

voodoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 21 X6M50i, 74 Bronco, 21 Tremor, 79 C10
I don’t post on this forum much. Had a 16 gt350, currently a 20 gt500. What a lot of you don‘t realize is the part of the country some of us live in. I lived in a VERY rural part of southern Indiana. Lots of well maintained, rural highways that have challenging curves, hills, and long straights. Sometimes you won’t meet anyone for 10 minutes, depending on time of day, day of the week. I have comfortably, and safely, (only risking myself), reached speeds regularly of 130, 150, 160+ many times, with very minimal to no risk of others. Some of you obviously live in parts of this country where this is not a safe option, but some of us do. I’m not trying to justify reckless behavior, but rural areas are a different story altogether. I bought this car to drive it, not have it polished up in the garage all the time. Got 5,000 miles on mine. But, to each their own. Be safe, but most of us bought these cars to have fun.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I don’t post on this forum much. Had a 16 gt350, currently a 20 gt500. What a lot of you don‘t realize is the part of the country some of us live in. I lived in a VERY rural part of southern Indiana. Lots of well maintained, rural highways that have challenging curves, hills, and long straights. Sometimes you won’t meet anyone for 10 minutes, depending on time of day, day of the week. I have comfortably, and safely, (only risking myself), reached speeds regularly of 130, 150, 160+ many times, with very minimal to no risk of others. Some of you obviously live in parts of this country where this is not a safe option, but some of us do. I’m not trying to justify reckless behavior, but rural areas are a different story altogether. I bought this car to drive it, not have it polished up in the garage all the time. Got 5,000 miles on mine. But, to each their own. Be safe, but most of us bought these cars to have fun.
I dont agree. You do those speeds on public roads, you should go to jail.

voodoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 21 X6M50i, 74 Bronco, 21 Tremor, 79 C10
Always liked your posts Tom, going back to the GT350 forum 5 years ago when I was on there a lot. Usually agree with you, but there’s a time and a place for everything. I don’t live in central Florida, where I’d never drive like I do where I live. Glad to hear you always follow the traffic laws there.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
This is how some of the rural highways are here too. This video reminds me of some of my old R6 rides. The people living in those houses close-ish to the road are likely used to it lol.

He wasn’t putting anyone at risk besides himself for the most part.

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Always liked your posts Tom, going back to the GT350 forum 5 years ago when I was on there a lot. Usually agree with you, but there’s a time and a place for everything. I don’t live in central Florida, where I’d never drive like I do where I live. Glad to hear you always follow the traffic laws there.
Traffic laws in Florida LOL now thats a good joke. Feels like a third world country driving in south florida. 10 mile commute to work feels life threatening every day from the dumb asses here. I work every day with the dream to live somewhere like you. Probably wouldn't go as fast as you though 😂

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
I don’t know about jail but then again: “many times”?
I imagine there’s some children living in some kind of vicinity to these mythical roads where one can fly at airplane speeds, maybe an occasional bicyclist, or an elderly person pulling onto the road dangerously?
Or is this some kind of post-apocalyptic rural community where the only folks you might encounter are the undead?
My thoughts aren’t about jail for you but of the potential tragedy your high speed hobby might cause.
Even if the risk is minimal, I can’t see how it’s justifiable, especially not “many times”.
Go to a track if you really need to do this kind of thing that often.
Or find a less dangerous thing to do to get the same adrenaline rush.
You’re not James Bond, voodoo1, this isn’t a movie, someone could get hurt, and you’ll deservedly feel like a monster for the rest of your life if someone ever does on one of those fun little rides.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
That doesn't make it safe, responsible, or legal.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.