15 GT Manual vs C7 Manual

Syphon5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary
What mods would the GT need to bee up with the C7? Mustang is a 12.8ish car on average, and the C7 is prob Low 12.2ish with an average driver. Would intake/exhaust/ 93 Lund tune get it done?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Syphon5.0

Syphon5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary
No insight eh?

Last edited:

JP Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP Knight
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
LTH with Free flowing exhaust and Lund E85r should do the trick. If your're Manual, it'll be tough.

OP
OP
Syphon5.0

Syphon5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary
LTH with Free flowing exhaust and Lund E85r should do the trick. If your're Manual, it'll be tough.
He's manual also.. and I'm better at banging gears. :sunglasses:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Syphon5.0

Syphon5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary
If your car is a 18 gt with the mods i mention on roll race, you’ll get em but drag strip is tough.
Nah.. no strip action. Just fun highway pulls. I'm thinking intake/cat back exhaust/tune would do the trick. Not looking to pull on him.. just keep up and hold my own. Add E85 and I think I pass him after 110mph.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
What mods would the GT need to bee up with the C7? Mustang is a 12.8ish car on average, and the C7 is prob Low 12.2ish with an average driver. Would intake/exhaust/ 93 Lund tune get it done?
Depends. Who's the better driver & better at launching the car. I beat a Z06 supercharged vette twice on mexico avenue. Certainly doesn't mean I'm faster at the track than it.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Send it and tell us the results

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I would say he has (c7) a good 5 mph more trap speed just in the quarter mile alone. From a roll it is going to be a worse ass kicking (better power to weight and better aero on vette). Around 70-80 mph you will see tail lights pulling away.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Go FI, give him the jump and let him hear the scream of the PD or the whine of the centri/turbo as you drive around him. Otherwise if you just "get by" he'll tune up, and be going around your again and you'll be back where you started and looking to spend more money. Do it right the first time or stay on the porch. Mustangs were designed to compete with Camaro's not Corvettes. But it is fun to drive around them in an FI setup with GT badges on front fender. :cwl: Been there....done that.

Sponsored

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
So if you mod then he could mod too and your right back to where you started, lol.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I guess I have to wonder what the whole purpose is? You will have to do some costly mods and then he is still most likely going to pull away from you given enough road. Back to your question, do everything you listed plus rear end gears...but ahhh he is still going to to get away from you on the long haul. Now if you are really serious about keeping up with him, time to strap on that supercharger/turbo setup...that will guarantee you to not only keep up but have him behind you....oh wait you didn't give a budget. The real question is, how much are you willing to spend to keep up?...might even be cheaper to sell your car and buy a used C7. Just ideas :)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
To put things in perspective, I have a supposedly 750 hp Roush Phase 2 on the Mustang and the 650 hp C7 Z06 will run away and leave it.

OP
OP
Syphon5.0

Syphon5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary
I guess I have to wonder what the whole purpose is? You will have to do some costly mods and then he is still most likely going to pull away from you given enough road. Back to your question, do everything you listed plus rear end gears...but ahhh he is still going to to get away from you on the long haul. Now if you are really serious about keeping up with him, time to strap on that supercharger/turbo setup...that will guarantee you to not only keep up but have him behind you....oh wait you didn't give a budget. The real question is, how much are you willing to spend to keep up?...might even be cheaper to sell your car and buy a used C7. Just ideas :)
I've stated the purpose. To "Keep Up".

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
To put things in perspective, I have a supposedly 750 hp Roush Phase 2 on the Mustang and the 650 hp C7 Z06 will run away and leave it.
Depends on where the 650 is being made -- flywheel or tire on the Z06 first off. Most Zop6 C7's are RATEd at 639 FLYWHEEL. If your friend is claiming 650 and its at the tire he is CLEARLY modified and not stock. Also depends on how conservative the dyno number was or if he is sand bagging. Here again dyno numbers are not proof of what a car will do. They are designed to show before after and give a person an idea what the car MAY be capable of. Roush tunes on their packages are EXTEREMELY protective and conservative. Your "750" package is a flywheel best number made on an engine dyno when it was designed at Roush. There is at minimum a 15% loss between FW and tire. So on a stick shift car 750 equates to 630 tops and likely lower through a 10R80. And if protection strategies are in play -- as they always are in Roush tunes -- that number is not representative of how the car is actually performing at WOT in a "spirited" driving scenario. The C7 also weighs 3500 pounds compared to your 3900+ pound S550. 400 pounds is a large difference.
Sponsored