roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The goalposts in here must be mounted on wheels they get moved around so much ... :cwl:
The goal posts do move so much, just the ball's radar sucks and can't quite find them
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Everything you just quoted (except for the DSSV dampers) are also on the GT500 CP....except in better form. We haven't even mentioned the GT500 CP,s carbon fiber wheels, enormous brakes, 110 more horsepower and DCT transmission.... all enormous advantages.

So far, you have weight and DSSV dampers. Everything else on the GT500 CP is superior.
How are the "enormous brakes" better. The ZLE stops in 91ft, where as the GT500 stops in 94 feet. GT500 loses and hits the wall, while the ZLE enters the turn faster, brakes later and out of the turn first.

upload_2020-1-10_13-5-24.png
upload_2020-1-10_13-5-47.png

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Aye...depends on your denominator.

GT500/ZL1 1LE
vs
ZL1 1LE/GT500

(4080/3860) - 1 = 5.7% "heavier than the ZL1 1LE"
vs
1 - (3860/4080) = 5.4% "lighter than the GT500 CFTP"
True, if I have $100 and increase by 50% then it is $150. But decrease by that same $50, it is only a 33.333% decrease.

It is all in how someone likes to state it to their benefit.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
How are the "enormous brakes" better. The ZLE stops in 91ft, where as the GT500 stops in 94 feet. GT500 loses and hits the wall, while the ZLE enters the turn faster, brakes later and out of the turn first.

upload_2020-1-10_13-5-24.png
upload_2020-1-10_13-5-47.png
Fade Fade Fade. The ability to shed heat lap after lap.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Fade Fade Fade. The ability to shed heat lap after lap.
Dude, who do you think makes both sets of brakes, BREMBO!!!!! fanboi. I would not trust Ford to make brakes. Plus, they don't make the transmission, or rear axle...etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
What I'm talking about is every reviewer that has done both the GT350R and the ZL1 1LE said they would prefer the Ford. I think you are right that there isn't an episode of MT head to head for example that compares them. But you can watch the various ZL1 1LE reviews and while they are driving around on relatively smooth roads with their heads bouncing off the roof of the car, they say that it's basically a race car with solid metal to metal in the shocks - no bushings - and it's too uncomfortable on the street, etc. etc.
I've seen some reviews that complain about the ride stiffness, but I've read plenty of praise as well.

I think it comes down to what you are looking for. I know people who have swapped in solid bushings on their cars for track performance. I think it's cool you can get it from the factory in the ZLE.

Sure the GT500 CFTP might be similar or even better performance but it's a lot more expensive, particularly with discounts and ADMs factored in, which let's face it, are reality.

If you want a jack of all trades the 500 is likely the better option... but you'll be paying for that. If you want a road course monster, the ZLE is a much better value, albeit with trade offs.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
What? Are you blind? The GT500 was ahead almost the entire race until Randy looses it briefly in the last 30 seconds? Hell, the GT3 out muscled-ed the GT500 to the first turn. Here it is again because you obviously didn't watch the side by side...

These two cars were nearly identical in the turns. The GT500 has a slight advantage in the straights, have a (only slightly) HP/Weight advantage. Conversely, the GT3 RS was wearing Cup2 R tires...advantage for sure.

You quite frankly sound exactly like the Ass-hats on the camaro forums. Your blind hatred for the mustang is obvious...so much so that you change your arguments when you are proven wrong. Point in case, (according to you) the GT500 is now a failure because it (likely) won't out track a ZL1 1LE....a car that has solid bushings, stickier tires and race car (non street friendly) dampers.

BTW, I have never bet anyone on this forum anything period.
Hi POT my name is Kettle. You do what you accuse others of doing. The old ZL1 H2H with the GT350, the ZL1 beat the GT350 times for everything. But you say it won because it had more horsepower for times, but you the GT350 won because it looked better and sounded better. What a hypocrite. Now the ZLE is up against the GT500 and the suspension is too harsh and too track oriented so the GT500 wins because it drives better on the street. Do you even listen to yourself?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Your blind hatred for the mustang is obvious...so much so that you change your arguments when you are proven wrong.
I know I don't have any hate for the Mustang, just what Ford did to me. I have had a GT and a GT350, both recent. So hatred for the Mustang is just not there. I just post facts on here and some people don't like it and like to twist those facts and blow them out of proportion and throw in opinions and not facts.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've seen some reviews that complain about the ride stiffness, but I've read plenty of praise as well.

I think it comes down to what you are looking for. I know people who have swapped in solid bushings on their cars for track performance. I think it's cool you can get it from the factory in the ZLE.

Sure the GT500 CFTP might be similar or even better performance but it's a lot more expensive, particularly with discounts and ADMs factored in, which let's face it, are reality.

If you want a jack of all trades the 500 is likely the better option... but you'll be paying for that. If you want a road course monster, the ZLE is a much better value, albeit with trade offs.
Huh, I could have sworn that the ZL1 1LE is more expensive than the GT500. $72k something versus $70k?

Yes people praise the ZL1 1LE, but mostly as a track machine, not as a comfortable driver. And that's exactly what I was talking about. It's very compromised. For very wealthy people who can spend $72k for a track only vehicle, great. Some people would want more value from $72k than a vehicle you prefer not to daily. I sure would.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Hi POT my name is Kettle. You do what you accuse others of doing. The old ZL1 H2H with the GT350, the ZL1 beat the GT350 times for everything. But you say it won because it had more horsepower for times, but you the GT350 won because it looked better and sounded better. What a hypocrite. Now the ZLE is up against the GT500 and the suspension is too harsh and too track oriented so the GT500 wins because it drives better on the street. Do you even listen to yourself?
WTF are you talking about? If you have some quotes for me, by all means dig them up. Otherwise your post makes no sense and lacks context.

But for the record, the GT500 doing what it does on a comfortable suspension IS a HUGE win in the category of road manners. Everyone knows the Zl1 1LE rides like shit.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Some people would want more value from $72k than a vehicle you prefer not to daily. I sure would.
You can "ruin for DD" the $30k mustang with just $500 in parts, too. :)
@roygriffin2020 take a break, man. And learn how to quote people's posts when responding, eh?

Geepers talk about discounts. The 2020 2SS/1LE I bookmarked is now down another 2K to 40K/52k for 22% off MSRP. I guess they have no expectation of it selling?

And the ZL1 might sticker for 72K but new 2020 are already marked down 15% (10 large) so the comparison is false since you will not find a GT500 marked down to any comparable degree.

Last edited:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Dude, who do you think makes both sets of brakes, BREMBO!!!!! fanboi. I would not trust Ford to make brakes. Plus, they don't make the transmission, or rear axle...etc.
Again, huh? Were talking about rotor size and surface area, not who make the brake pads. You drunk?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
WTF are you talking about? If you have some quotes for me, by all means dig them up. Otherwise your post makes no sense and lacks context.

But for the record, the GT500 doing what it does on a comfortable suspension IS a HUGE win in the category of road manners. Everyone knows the Zl1 1LE rides like shit.
denial is the first indication of a real problem. Admitting you have a problem, is the first step to recovery.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Again, huh? Were talking about rotor size and surface area, not who make the brake pads. You drunk?
It does not matter if the ZL1 is 15.35 and the GT500 is 16.5 inches, the ZLE still stops shorter. Can you not understand English? The GT500 needs the bigger brakes to slow all of that weight down. The ZLE obviously does not need bigger brakes or should I say it in Mustang fanboi terms, breaks. Something you might understand.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
It does not matter if the ZL1 is 15.35 and the GT500 is 16.5 inches, the ZLE still stops shorter. Can you not understand English?
It's obvious you don't. Stopping distance isn't was I was referring to. I said it thrice, it's obviously way above your pay grade.
Sponsored