11-17-19

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That looks like a Blue Oval on the nose and not a pony...........thank goodness!

For what it's worth, that's quite a looker. Just keep the Mustang/Pony badges well away from it :)
Agreed. You can see the "influence" in the front clip and taillights. Looks good.
Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
I can't wait for the GT500 version to compete with the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, Jaguar F Pace SVR, Mercedes GLC63 AMG, and the BMW X3M. Sick!

Sarcasm.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Man, isn't it going to just be great when this thing starts selling by the boatload, and Ford sees no reason to continue production their "single-use platform, high investment cost" 2 door Mustang when their NEW 4 door electric crossover "mustang" is selling in droves?

Can't wait to own one of the last 2 door Mustangs ever made!
Actually I believe the opposite will happen. If Ford sells a ton of the new "inspired" SUV's they will have the cash and the impetus to keep our Mustangs going for a long time.

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
If that CAD model is true it could have just as easily been marketed as 'Fusion Inspired' but that's far less sexy.

mach-e.png

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
That looks like a Blue Oval on the nose and not a pony...........thank goodness!

For what it's worth, that's quite a looker. Just keep the Mustang/Pony badges well away from it :)
I'll give you that it'll probably be a pretty decent job in the real sheet metal - perhaps as good as realistically possible within the general SUV configuration.

Just that for me, any SUV pushes too many of the wrong buttons even if the performance numbers might be there. Starting with overall height and chair-like seating. Probably no secret what a couple of the other reasons might be.

Norm

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
you guys are crazy. inspiration doesn't mean anything other than conceptual design cues. not another mustang branded vehicle.
Doesn't matter. It's still an SUV - basically a truck that's trying to fool us into thinking it's a car. Not a real car in the traditional sense.

electric cars are the way of the future and will put just about all our cars to shame in the torque department.
And be far less satisfying to actually drive once you've had your 4 second blast of acceleration.

i for one, am excited to see this and hope it is a Tesla model X killer. mustangs will only survive as long as ford does so you need to open your eyes to the future market.
Tesla may well end up being a footnote to history once the major mfrs get their EV side up to speed. Ford would kill the Mustang before going under.

The future market would cater to those who don't get any enjoyment out of driving and would prefer to be isolated from driving's nitty-gritty details than get any good at them. And squeeze the rest of us into the same little box whether we want it or not. A case of square pegs, round holes.

Norm

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't matter. It's still an SUV - basically a truck that's trying to fool us into thinking it's a car. Not a real car in the traditional sense.
A SUV is a car/automobiie. It just not your style and that's OK. My wife loves our Stang but her Escape handles the day to day very well.

au·to·mo·bile
noun
  1. a road vehicle, typically with four wheels, powered by an internal combustion engine or electric motor and able to carry a small number of people.

And be far less satisfying to actually drive once you've had your 4 second blast of acceleration.
How many electric vehicles have you driven? Now a Chevy Volt is not all that exciting, but a Tesla S Performance is really quite good.

Tesla may well end up being a footnote to history once the major mfrs get their EV side up to speed. Ford would kill the Mustang before going under.
Tesla's end game are the batteries not the cars. They are a means to an end. Always have been. I'm willing to bet that Tesla Motors will eventually be sold off to either Ford or GM.

The future market would cater to those who don't get any enjoyment out of driving and would prefer to be isolated from driving's nitty-gritty details than get any good at them. And squeeze the rest of us into the same little box whether we want it or not. A case of square pegs, round holes.
Totally agree and it sucks. But as an old boss of mine used to say......."It is what it is".

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Lower it, taste-ful spoiler and boom, an all electric, american "shooting brake". I'm interested if it's wagon-like enough in appearance, it wouldn't replace my Mustang of course

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Elon Musk has stated several times that he's okay with this, it means he won.
Exactly. Musk's goal with Tesla was to show that there was a market for EVs and that an EV did not have to be a prius type vehicle. I think he achieved both.... Musk has even stated that Tesla might not be selling any cars in a few years and would transition to taxi service/manufacturer of batteries and drivetrains.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
If that CAD model is true it could have just as easily been marketed as 'Fusion Inspired' but that's far less sexy.

mach-e.png
That is actually a suprisingly close fit. I am not really interested in the SUV but it looks like they might be able to make a true mustang based off of this frame/platform. A true EV mustang AWD with a 0-60 of 3sec or under would be very interesting.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I love the silhouette and how small it is. I might be the first in line of this has what I want.

Deleted member 35644

Chevy concocted that disastrous Blazer (another example of gluing a beloved name to a new CUV) so the soccer moms could believe they look like a Camaro riding down the road. Of course Ford had to "me too". It just better not have a pony stuck on it.