Sponsored

11-17-19

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
As one of 12 people who has looked at, sat in the vehicle in person I can tell you the vehicle is very nice and pricing is good as well. I can also tell you the group who were responsible for this car are true enthusiasts and have done some significant things with Mustang. They also expected and understand the sentiment expressed by each of you. The naming decision was decided at the absolute top level, beyond even Mr Hackett. It was relayed that without this decision, Mustang would go the way of the Camaro. Rest assured, the Coupe we love and know is safe for now. Some of you would say, let the Mustang die. That's a valid opinion, one I dont share but, respect. I would purchase the car as a daily driver except for the facts analogman has posted above. For the most part, his post is dead on. I would argue electric is not the future but a stop gap for something much more environmentally friendly and less restrictive. You can thank your Government for this car. I dont know how this will play out but, I am of the opinion that Ford has bigger problems then the naming of a vehicle
Not sure I would buy one, but I don't hate it.
Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
No imagination at Ford. They had to take the name of their iconic sports car and bastardize it.
Couldn't come up with an original name, or maybe they just did it so the Mustang name would peak interest in the car.
You don't see a Camaro or Corvette SUV. C'mon Ford it's a friggin SUV.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No imagination at Ford. They had to take the name of their iconic sports car and bastardize it.
Couldn't come up with an original name, or maybe they just did it so the Mustang name would peak interest in the car.
You don't see a Camaro or Corvette SUV. C'mon Ford it's a friggin SUV.

Exactly.

and the MACH-E fanboys over on MACH-E are referring to it as a Mustang....LMFAO....

it’s already started... you’re going to have the general population now referring to that ugly attempt at a Tesla competitor as a Mustang.

Betcha Musk laughing his ass off... first the stupid ass name “MACH-E”, then months and months of the build up, hoopla and some schmo at Ford IT leaves an open link that was found and accessed, revealing to the public the real deal all over the internet before the “11-17-19” reveal date.... and then using the Mustang’s iconic Pony on it just to make a buck... because without the whole “Mustang inspired” BS, no one would even blink an eye over it.
Sponsored