Sponsored

10R80 Transmission Behavior (w/ 91-93 Lund Tune)

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glyn
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Just wanted to give an update on my post. I have no complaints about Lund, their customer service has been prompt and polite. They suggested that I update to a tune file with Stock shifting strategies, so basically an engine-only tune. After paying $700 for an nGauge and their N/A tune, it just wasn't what I was hoping to hear as a remedy.

So basically, what it comes down to is the Lund shift strategy isn't to my liking in Normal/Sport/Sport+ drive modes. I am probably very much in the minority in that regard as I know there are tons of satisfied Lund customers. So I've decided its best to part ways and return to stock or try a different tuning vendor. No harm, no foul.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
I went through the same thing with another tuner. I the opted to go with VMP and their tune was awesome. This was on a 2012 Auto 5.0. Wengerd tuning is getting a solid name for himself too.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 5.0 GT/ā€˜16 F150 XLT/ā€˜21 Explorer Platinum
If you are considering eating the cost and switching tuners for better drivability especially out of the transmission, the Ford Performance tune is spot on. Upshifts are crips and almost instant with the paddles, downshifts are not violent but work well for aggressive driving and in regular D mode it's smooth as butter and not harsh at all.

It's a bit more expensive and it does lock you in to a non-upgradeable tune, but if it's drivability you're looking for (vs. on track performance) it can't be beat. The FP calibrators spent hundreds of hours perfecting the street performance of the transmission, the Lund guys probably drove it around the block and called it a day.

Now of course the Lund (and other tunes like AED or PBD) will get more power, but it doesn't seem you're as concerned with that as you are street manners.
100%

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Upshifts are crips and almost instant with the paddles
The FPP tune fixes the lag with the paddles? I mean its so bad I can't stand using them as much as I'd like.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The FPP tune fixes the lag with the paddles? I mean its so bad I can't stand using them as much as I'd like.
Honestly I don't really remember how stock was, I only had it on for a few hundred miles. But at high engine RPM and throttle position in Sport or Sport+ the paddles are almost instantaneous with very little if any delay.

Sponsored

TGYNYY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have a Lund 93 tune on my 2019 GT PP1 10R80 and I love the aggressive downshifts. I think youā€™re in the minority with what youā€™re looking for brother

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my A10 with Lund tune, I had the exact same issues as you. I ended up reverting to a more stock trans tune with engine/E85 tune. Jon jr, Dakota and Nardi were al involved at some point and bless their hearts, they were very patient with me. I self dubbed the tune, my ā€œgrandpa tuneā€. I think people like us are in the minority. I am back in an M6 now with a Lund tun, so all those things are moot. I wish you the best of success in finding what you are looking for.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
These tuners are ridiculous. You pay them stupid money to throw a calibration in, and they many times wonā€™t ask you what you are actually looking for in your tune. If you request a different shifting characteristic, or shift points etc, they should be met...

HP TUNERS/SCT Advantage lll and start calibrating it how YOU like it....

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glyn
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
All very good points everyone. I appreciate the feedback! Like I said, I understand Iā€™m in the minority for not liking the Lund tune as-is. I have genuinely thought about trying to learn and tune myself but just donā€™t have the time or brain capacity for anything else currently haha!!! Again, not bashing Lund. I do think they should have tried to make some small changes for me, but I understand that can snowball into other issues. I may try out ID Motorsports Flex Tune for Pump/E85, it was designed by Matt Alderman who now works as a lead calibrator for Derive.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You paid Lund for a tune with revisions. Lund refuses to make you happy.
It is stupid easy to give you what you want but it will make him work for 4 minuets to do it. Hey 700 bucks and a mouse click is easy why should they have to change some parameters to make a customer happy?

Try 5 star at least they won't rape you on price

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glyn
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
You paid Lund for a tune with revisions. Lund refuses to make you happy.
It is stupid easy to give you what you want but it will make him work for 4 minuets to do it. Hey 700 bucks and a mouse click is easy why should they have to change some parameters to make a customer happy?

Try 5 star at least they won't rape you on price
True that! I had a good experience with 5 Star on a previous ecoboost vehicle. Iā€™ll check them out.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Tell them to leave the downshifts stock.

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I wasted a lot money with tuners I got hp tuner and started tuning my own transmission luckily my local tuner tuned the power settings this was on a dyno and I tuned the transmission myself with his help and hp tuners forum

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I was not happy with the A6 sport harsh downshifts as stock. I went with VMP and they did smooth the downshifts out a lot. But again, this was a 16 Gt a6.

Mustang11020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/PP1
How did you get the FP tune put on after you got it from Levittown Ford? At the dealer? Also, did you use the FP intake or can you put on a different intake with that tune (I like the Steeda Closed CAI)
Sponsored