10 speed issues

Scottie409

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Conv
I have MY18 s550 5.0 and when it sits for more than 2 days the auto trans will not go into drive or reverse without a considerable delay. The colder it gets the longer the delay. Dealer replaced valve body but no change. Next is a new pump and trans reseal but parts not available for months due to covid shutdowns.
Need to get it fixed before warranty expires as I dont want to shoulder the cost out of pocket. Any one else had this issue?
Sponsored

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I had/have some shifting issues.

It would definitely "clunk" sometimes when moving from D to R. I just thought it was a symptom of transmission/car being "sporty."

They flashed the transmission computer and it seems less clunky. I'd maybe try that first then go from there.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have MY18 s550 5.0 and when it sits for more than 2 days the auto trans will not go into drive or reverse without a considerable delay. The colder it gets the longer the delay. Dealer replaced valve body but no change. Next is a new pump and trans reseal but parts not available for months due to covid shutdowns.
Need to get it fixed before warranty expires as I dont want to shoulder the cost out of pocket. Any one else had this issue?

Everything you want to know about 10R80 issues is here in this thread I put together:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/

It sounds like your trans could be low on fluid or it could be a valve body issue. Check out that above thread, lots of tech info and other 10R80 owner experiences.

OP
OP
Scottie409

Scottie409

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Conv

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scottie409

Scottie409

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Conv
Got it back from dealer, they found a scored bushing that was allowing the converter to drain down so that was fixed and they replaced the oil pump,converter,and resealed the trans. So far it works as it should. Will know better when cold weather arrives.Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
Scottie409

Scottie409

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Conv
Had it back for a while now and it seems to be working as it should so it appears that Ford technician did a good job.
Sponsored