Sponsored

0-60 tire swap comparison

Supreme_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So, as all of you know, Ford claims that the Gen 3 Mustang GT with A10 can accelerate from 0-60 in 3.9s. However, I’m sure most people without a PP1 car haven’t been able to achieve that time, especially with the stock 18” Pirelli P Zero Nero tires. My best time with these stock tires is 4.8s according to the dash timer, and that happened with a passenger in the car. Anytime I try to floor it from a stop, my tires spin pretty good. I’d assume if I put on a set of wider, stickier tires, the grip would be a lot better, resulting in a better time. My question is has anyone done a comparison of 0-60 times with stock wheels/tires vs. aftermarket wheels/tires? And what setup did you run?
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
What gears do you have? The ford claim was with a PP1 car with the A10. PP cars with an auto get 3.55 gears. You won't get close with a 3.15 gear, 3.31's will get you closer but not to a 3.9 on stock tires and stock engine on factory tune. You're gonna need 3.55's and better/wider tires to break into the sub 4 second 0-60

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Isn’t that also with drag mode?

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have an auto, so I can't pull a 3.9, and to be honest, I was only doing the 1/4 mode in a highly secluded area out in the desert. What I can say, is that prep also plays into this a bunch. If you're on a proper track, you're probably doing things like touching the water box, doing a burnout to warm up the tires, and best of all, you're in something super sticky to better help you launch. In my stick, I did use the launch mode, and took about 5-6 times to dial it to a spot where I was leaving aggressively, not spinning the tires, but not shifting so low where the car bogs. I'd assume you've also warmed your tires up some, and perhaps bled a few pounds out to give you a slightly better chance at hooking up. I found out with my Cup2 that their sweet spot, once well heated, was 26-27# hot. You can tell when your tire is heating up, because it will start to increase the tire pressure, like when I'm on the track, I usually see it go up about 6# if I start 32 cold. Settings wise, I was in track mode so I didn't have many of the nags there, and I'd guess if you were an auto, I'd hold onto the brake super hard with the left, and use the right to apply some throttle until you feel the car about to lurch forward. Once you cleanly let go of that brake, you should fire out of a cannon and be on your way to a sweet time, especially if you don't have a passenger.

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Multitude of stuff needs to be on point.

You need drive mode (drag strip)
Hold traction control for 10 sec (turn everything off)
Performance pack (michelin tires & 3.55 gear)
93 octane to achieve 460 hp claims (yes anything under your not maxing timing tables)
Good DA (altitude affects your results so)
Enough temp outside to have your michelin hooking to the ground

All that together, and you get your 3.9. Anything not on par and of course your in 4.00+
Ford is not lying to us, but you have to understand every possible scenario

Sponsored

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
And i forgot, 10-speed auto is a must have.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
you need a drag radial (ET-R) or slick (Hoosier or similar) if you want to get a good 0-60. Also on the auto, a converter and leaving the line at 3000-3500 rpm will help. I'm supercharged but have managed a 2.46 on a stock converter.

For daily duties I run a Toyo R888R, but for playing I swap to a MT ET-R. I'm looking at a Hoosier too now, so we'll see where that goes.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
4.28 according to the Dragy(which is super accurate) on the street with a slight uphill. I had some spin 1-2 and 2-3

With 305 tires(Michelin pilot sport 4s) in the rear and this is on a eurspec with GPF filters

Not fully stock though but I am not sure how much the big mouth,H-pipe and drop in filter makes

Drag mode is a must, shifter in D, foot brake around 1500-1700rpm, advancetrac off

Also I never drove the car on stock tires/rims so I can't say how it would perform with that setup.

Screenshot_20200404-101153_dragy.jpg

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
you need a drag radial (ET-R) or slick (Hoosier or similar) if you want to get a good 0-60. Also on the auto, a converter and leaving the line at 3000-3500 rpm will help. I'm supercharged but have managed a 2.46 on a stock converter.

For daily duties I run a Toyo R888R, but for playing I swap to a MT ET-R. I'm looking at a Hoosier too now, so we'll see where that goes.
2.46 on the track apps ? Can you share a photo ?

OP
OP
Supreme_5.0

Supreme_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What gears do you have? The ford claim was with a PP1 car with the A10. PP cars with an auto get 3.55 gears. You won't get close with a 3.15 gear, 3.31's will get you closer but not to a 3.9 on stock tires and stock engine on factory tune. You're gonna need 3.55's and better/wider tires to break into the sub 4 second 0-60
I’ve got the A10 with 3.15 gears. What 0-60 time should I expect? To me it feels like I could knock off about a half second if I could avoid the tire spin, which would be somewhere around 4.3s.

Sponsored

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
4.28 according to the Dragy(which is super accurate) on the street with a slight uphill. I had some spin 1-2 and 2-3

With 305 tires(Michelin pilot sport 4s) in the rear and this is on a eurspec with GPF filters

Not fully stock though but I am not sure how much the big mouth,H-pipe and drop in filter makes

Drag mode is a must, shifter in D, foot brake around 1500-1700rpm, advancetrac off

Also I never drove the car on stock tires/rims so I can't say how it would perform with that setup.

Screenshot_20200404-101153_dragy.jpg
what app is that?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That is the app for the Dragy GPS performance meter
It's pretty cool stuff and it is very very accurate

I have some videos with on my YT channel that you can check out

what app is that?

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
That is the app for the Dragy GPS performance meter
It's pretty cool stuff and it is very very accurate

I have some videos with on my YT channel that you can check out

Yeah that seems awsome just 150$ is a lot

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I wish we had an accurate online calculator we could get 0-60 based on our 60ft, 330ft, and 1/8 mile all together which i think would be a good way to calculate. i found an online calculator using only 1/8 mile and it seemed way off. no way i'm doing 0-60mph in 3.1 seconds based on my [email protected] 1/8 mile. i have to imagine it was at least 4.0 seconds though. this was on cheap sumitomos btw
Sponsored