Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
This are the rules for homologating to GT3 standard:

> Road model must be a two-door design.
> 300 road cars per year.
> 10 race car models a year for the first two years.
> Within an aerodynamic drag-to-downforce performance range.
> Approval from an FIA committee consisting of relevant race organization bodies and participating manufacturers.
This bit can get squishy if the check clears, at least the road car end of it. They do a good job of making the GT3 cars race well, though.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Other way. They adopt a road car. Bentley ran a tank for years.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
In GT3, they just use the unibody and everything else is racecar from the ground up...Race engine, race gearbox, race suspension, race electronics, etc. A GT4 is a street car adapted to the track. A GT3 is a track specific car which was never meant for street use.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
For that kind of money they need to head back to the design studio. IMO
I feel they need to head back to design on the S650 too. I think Ford has lost their way. I hope they find it before the company crumbles.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It's pretty bad when you can buy 2 or 3 of AMG's new GT for the price of a "Mustang".
Granted the "Mustang" is a good bit closer to 'racecar'.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Gotta be honest, and this is my opinion so not something someone needs to convince me otherwise on LOL, Ford kind of strayed off the beaten path. They are trying to be all things to all people all of the time.

The GRD comes across as a JDM aesthetic vehicle with a Ford Powerplant and an Italian price tag. Lots of cool tech sure but I'm not looking to buy a stretched 370Z. At the end of the day there are like 30 other cars that I would be looking at if I was in the realm of being able to afford a $300,000.00 car.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta be honest, and this is my opinion so not something someone needs to convince me otherwise on LOL, Ford kind of strayed off the beaten path. They are trying to be all things to all people all of the time.

The GRD comes across as a JDM aesthetic vehicle with a Ford Powerplant and an Italian price tag. Lots of cool tech sure but I'm not looking to buy a stretched 370Z. At the end of the day there are like 30 other cars that I would be looking at if I was in the realm of being able to afford a $300,000.00 car.

The market for that car for me is very clear. This is for the serious Ford collector that probably already has a few Ford GT's, retro Mustang and probably even something like a Daytona. And just want to add something new to it's collection.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
IMG_3981.jpeg

Can’t wait to see all the 4bangers with cheap GTD replica body kits hardparked at the Cars n Coffee 😆

Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
IMG_3981.jpeg

Can’t wait to see all the 4bangers with cheap GTD replica body kits hardparked at the Cars n Coffee 😆
I believe it will happen. There's a dude around my parts that has a 2005 V6 Mustang with a Super Snake body kit and wheels on it.

CJB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m really surprised how many people don’t understand this car or what Ford’s doing. They are clearly making the mustang a brand, hence the wide range of cars including an EV. The GTD isn’t meant to be an everyman car in any way, it’s a supercar wearing a mustang badge which I think is really cool. No less than four dedicated race cars and a terrific street/track car in the Darkhorse. Ford is being run by car people and they’re all in on mustang. We should all be happy for that.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Is spoiler delete an option? :p

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is being run by car people and they’re all in on mustang. We should all be happy for that.
No, Ford is being run by out of touch millionaire marketing douch nozzles, who deserve to be shot for perverting a car into a brand.

Fix the gd paint, the shitty ass A10 trans programming, the sad excuse of magride, and the marshmallow bushings at every critical location.

When you can't get even basics right, it's not time to hob nob with the Richy rich.

Galvez1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2021- KTM Xbow RR - 991GT3- G500
This thing is running an up-tuned version of the Predator 5.2L Supercharged engine and its $300K? Wow. Ford is nuts.
A car it's not only a engine.
Sponsored