Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
As I and others have said numerous times, the GTD is being built so Ford can abide by the homologation rules so they can race the Mustang GT3 starting in 2024.
Which is apparently not correct. It doesn't satisfy homologation criteria.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Whatā€™s your point? This car is a Ford/Multimatic collaboration that has nothing to do with the Mach or Shelby. As I and others have said numerous times, the GTD is being built so Ford can abide by the homologation rules so they can race the Mustang GT3 starting in 2024. Thatā€™s it. Itā€™s not a model in the sense of a Shelby or Mach or Ecoboost or GT or Dark Horse that you or me or anyone can walk into a dealership and order.

If you donā€™t like it thatā€™s your opinion. But the car is not being built because they need to fill the void left by the exit of the GT500.
Owned numerous 2nd generation GT500ā€™s, Boss 302/LSā€™s along with many recent Shelby GT350/Rā€™s and now that the 3rd generation GT500 has ceased production I suggest that Dearborn will provide us once again with another regular production High Performance Pony Car model in the near future that is of that same caliber of those Mustang models just mentioned.

Having said that I expect that the next HP Mustang variant will be a combination of ICE and Electrification assist.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Owned numerous 2nd generation GT500ā€™s, Boss 302/LSā€™s along with many recent Shelby GT350/Rā€™s and now that the 3rd generation GT500 has ceased production I suggest that Dearborn will provide us once again with another regular production High Performance Pony Car model in the near future that is of that same caliber of those Mustang models just mentioned.

Having said that I expect that the next HP Mustang variant will be a combination of ICE and Electrification assist.
I agree, I donā€™t think weā€™ve seen the last of a Shelby (or Shelby-esque) model. I say Shelby-esque since Ford seems to be on a new name kick (Dark Horse) but I think Iā€™ve seen a few members state theyā€™ve heard rumblings of another Shelby coming in a few years? A hybrid V8 would be awesome.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where are they falling short?
It was posted on m7g. A Ford rep said the gtd is illegal for racing and doesn't satisfy the homologation requirements. It is simply a pie in the sky car created from the race car with all the crippling rules thrown out.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It was posted on m7g. A Ford rep said the gtd is illegal for racing and doesn't satisfy the homologation requirements. It is simply a pie in the sky car created from the race car with all the crippling rules thrown out.
Interesting. Havenā€™t been over on 7G in a while so I hadnā€™t seen that and I havenā€™t really read anything else related to the GTD in the last few days. So are they using the Dark Horse/Dark Horse R to satisfy that requirement?

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5

The GTD is illegal, Superchargers are not allowed, nor is DRS. Mustang GT3 is the Race car, based on the GTD (specifically the Rear Transaxle design, the trick suspension, Aero, etc) Ford will gladly drop the Supercharger for the 5.4l in race trim, thus making it legal. Nothing quoted was incorrect rather not the full story.

Don't confuse the GTD power to weight ratio needed to achieve sub 7min, with Homologation. The GT3 would never be allowed based on the Dark Horse as it not close enough in design. Thus GTD was needed and yes the Street Car will have more hp and trick Aero then the GT3 but again Ford/Multimatic will drop those in race trim.

Does that clear it up. GT3 will be legal.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So are they using the Dark Horse/Dark Horse R to satisfy that requirement?
That question wasn't posed, so I don't know. I'd guess so. But the same post intimated that the basic S650 car was sufficient to claim homologation, which I find hard to believe. Maybe the R orS will have the transaxle and therefore claim cover.

I guess in the same vein as a gt3rs is simply a slight derivative of the basic 911?

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Whatā€™s your point? This car is a Ford/Multimatic collaboration that has nothing to do with the Mach or Shelby. As I and others have said numerous times, the GTD is being built so Ford can abide by the homologation rules so they can race the Mustang GT3 starting in 2024. Thatā€™s it. Itā€™s not a model in the sense of a Shelby or Mach or Ecoboost or GT or Dark Horse that you or me or anyone can walk into a dealership and order.

If you donā€™t like it thatā€™s your opinion. But the car is not being built because they need to fill the void left by the exit of the GT500.
No shit..

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Maybe the R orS will have the transaxle and therefore claim cover.
No, R/S are not Street cars, so they canā€™t be used. Also donā€™t have the transaxle or suspension and body work of the GTD.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Interesting. Havenā€™t been over on 7G in a while so I hadnā€™t seen that and I havenā€™t really read anything else related to the GTD in the last few days. So are they using the Dark Horse/Dark Horse R to satisfy that requirement?
There is no sales requirement for homologation. Homologation is the process of documenting literally every part on the racing car which then has to be able to drive around a track in a given time envelope. As a manufacturer, you pay your money to the FIA, you crash a couple cars to satisfy the sled tests, you go on track with the technical group and, along with a lot of stimulation work, they determine a starting BoP.

Did the FIA check clear? You're homologated.
Did the manufacturer's check to the series clear? You're an authorized manufacturer.
Did the team check to the series clear? You're racing.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
There is no sales requirement for homologation. Homologation is the process of documenting literally every part on the racing car which then has to be able to drive around a track in a given time envelope. As a manufacturer, you pay your money to the FIA, you crash a couple cars to satisfy the sled tests, you go on track with the technical group and, along with a lot of stimulation work, they determine a starting BoP.

Did the FIA check clear? You're homologated.
Did the manufacturer's check to the series clear? You're an authorized manufacturer.
Did the team check to the series clear? You're racing.

This are the rules for homologating to GT3 standard:

> Road model must be a two-door design.
> 300 road cars per year.
> 10 race car models a year for the first two years.
> Within an aerodynamic drag-to-downforce performance range.
> Approval from an FIA committee consisting of relevant race organization bodies and participating manufacturers.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
That's fine kid, but based on your sentence structure,low IQ, this is as close as you're going to get to any new mustang... especially at $300,000 one.
. #Dreamer
Lol, opinions vary. I'd actually be a little more surprised if I *didn't* spend time playing with one at some point.
Sponsored