2018 or 2019 GT reliable question

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
All of the newer vehicles have this issue. Thank the EPA for the problem .........
My wife had a 2019 VW Passat with the best paint job I have ever experienced. Not a single issue. A drunk driver drove into the back of it at a stop light.......the back of the car was in the back seat and I swear to you there wasnt a single paint issue even then. It was rippled, but none of the paint actually came off or chipped. I was like man If only all cars were like this with paint. lol

2019Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think people confuse the “tick” with the sound of direct injection.

That’s a lot of pressure, it’s loud. Most ticking videos you’ll see are just mechanical noises from a complicated engine.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
MikeyTX,

I love that avatar too. Is that your wife, sister, mother, transgender brother? Inquiring minds want to know!

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I have a 2018 GT Premium with 9K. So far both front struts leaked oil and were replaced, the radiator developed a small leak on the side plastic tank crimped section and was replaced, the the A10 needed a software reflash and is now perfect. The performance is stunning and I would buy again. No engine ticks here....I got a good one!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think people confuse the “tick” with the sound of direct injection.
I honestly don't think so; Mustang owners are not that stupid. Ha ha. Any injection noises are constant, and more importantly, rhythmic with engine rpm. Those 'tick' bangs are random (TACK.......TACK..TACK..........................TACK, etc). And they're clearly coming from inside the engine, but we just don't know what exactly is banging. Another enigma is the 2K rattle; nobody knows what that is either.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I've had my 19 PP1/A10 for a year now, and am just about to turn 6k miles. Just did a 1300 mile two day road trip and had a lot of fun driving in the sun, and "Ground Speed" at times was xxx, I just had to try out the FPP PP2 front spoiler.
I had my Mustang ceramic coated and although this isn't the first
time for ceramic coating, this is the best, and have no chips, except in the windshield.
Have only had one issue, I ran out of gas...the gas gauge said almost 1/2 full one second and the next it said I had 5 miles to find a gas station or gun out of gas...I was 25 miles from the nearest station and in the middle of the desert, yes, I ran out of gas. The Ford road side assistance is great, although I did have to wait for almost 2 hours in 95 degree weather. I got to the gas station and filled up to find out it would only take 9 gallons. Took it in to the Ford dealer and they diagnosed the fuel transfer module as the issue...yes, the Mustang has saddle tanks, 2 of them, and the fuel is transferred. Other than that have had no issues or weird noises. I do have active exhaust and just removed the 30+ pound resonator with the FPP X pipe. I love the new sound!!!

GT5.0Fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I went looking at some Mustangs today at the dealerships. What really annoyed me was that the majority had door issues where doors would not close properly. A door that closes properly you can have about 6-10 inches open and with letting it go and a very very slight push would shut nicely. The nicely you would hear a nice close but no on the 19’s and 20’s I saw almost everyone when door was let go to shut would not shut properly and had to be given a small little push/shove for it to close properly. This depends on QC at the factory and whether the people working at the a assembly line have an idea for detail and perfection or not. It annoys me to pay $40-55K for a new car that has doors that don’t shut properly unless you almost have to shove the door to shut or slam it to shut. I remember the Ford Focus RS that was built in Germany had doors on it which when closed actually closed like a vault or similar to how doors on a Porsche would close. It was that well built. The difference between that car and the Mustang GT for quality control on doors was almost day and night difference. Hope Ford is reading this and works on their doors so they shut like they did on the Focus RS which was similar to a Porsche door closing.

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
Zero mechanical issues and no TW tick on my 2019 GT 401A A10. I'm at around 7,800 miles now and 1 oil change in and the car has really been flawless. The paint quality is subpar but nothing I didn't already expect from Ford. To avoid chipping issues, I had the full front clip, entire roof (yes you can get paint chips on the roof) and a small area behind the doors PPF'd at around 400 miles.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
2018 GT 10r80 2 yrs 19000+ miles No issues. Had the tick after first oil change, added Ceratec at second oil change, no tick since. Car runs great even on 87 octane.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
No, not unless they are willing to match online dealers like Flood. You do not need to buy the Ford extended warranty until just before before your 3/36 expires.
more expensive the longer you wait.
I've had my 19 PP1/A10 for a year now, and am just about to turn 6k miles. Just did a 1300 mile two day road trip and had a lot of fun driving in the sun, and "Ground Speed" at times was xxx, I just had to try out the FPP PP2 front spoiler.
I had my Mustang ceramic coated and although this isn't the first
time for ceramic coating, this is the best, and have no chips, except in the windshield.
Have only had one issue, I ran out of gas...the gas gauge said almost 1/2 full one second and the next it said I had 5 miles to find a gas station or gun out of gas...I was 25 miles from the nearest station and in the middle of the desert, yes, I ran out of gas. The Ford road side assistance is great, although I did have to wait for almost 2 hours in 95 degree weather. I got to the gas station and filled up to find out it would only take 9 gallons. Took it in to the Ford dealer and they diagnosed the fuel transfer module as the issue...yes, the Mustang has saddle tanks, 2 of them, and the fuel is transferred. Other than that have had no issues or weird noises. I do have active exhaust and just removed the 30+ pound resonator with the FPP X pipe. I love the new sound!!!
The Mustang has 2 tanks...? What’s the purpose?
2018 GT 10r80 2 yrs 19000+ miles No issues. Had the tick after first oil change, added Ceratec at second oil change, no tick since. Car runs great even on 87 octane.
Eh, not a fan of the 87.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's just ONE fuel tank, but in the form of a saddle (for packaging reasons), so the fuel of one side needs to get transferred to the other, where the fuel pump is. I used to have another car like that, but forgot which one. Ha ha. Maybe the Nissan GTR?

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
Here is a general diagram of the saddle tank, although the Mustang is slightly more complicated.
saddle-style-fuel-tanks-21.jpg

Takeshi

Threads
Reaction score
United States : Cali land of the $1 Gas Tax
First Name
Alias: Takeshi
Vehicle(s)
2019 Liquid Shadow 401A PP1 MagneRide Borla ATAK
I think paint quality is not the greatest... chips easily.
Agreed it feels like Ford paint base or clear might be sensitive. I had a lot of chips on my premium Lincoln Caviar Dark Dray (Exclusive Black Label Chromo-Flare color).

What color is yours? I always find it depends on the color.
I have the same Orange Fury as your car from your profile pic and I see chips from Bumpers to Hoods to A pillar to door handles.