Sponsored

Missing FORD logo on windshield?

mustang123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hi all, I bought my CPO 2019 Mustang GT a while back, and I just noticed that I don't have the FORD logo above the rearview mirror on my windshield... Does this mean my windshield has been replaced? (The car is Premium Convertible 10 speed auto, no lane keep assist or anything fancy) If so, does that mean the car should never have been Certified?

I saw that the windshield is made my FUYAO, but so are all the other glasses on the car. What is the OEM for your Mustang windshield? I know it's too late for me to do anything at this point, but I still like to have peace of mind.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Does it say Soundscreen anywhere on it? I know you said no lane keep, but what about auto wipers or anything else that ends up giving you the huge sensor thing in the middle of it instead of just the mirror?

OEM should have the Ford and Soundscreen logos.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I also have a '19.
Mine is made by "Carlite" in the lower center, and it also says "SoundScreen" just above the VIN.
And yes, this is the OEM windshield with the Ford logo at the center-top.
Mine is a GT350, but I'd think they would have used the same windshields.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The front and rear glass on my 2018 is Carlite. The side glass is all PGW. None of the glass has ever been replaced and is installed from the factory as such.

———

Fact 1:
PGW (Pittsburgh Glass Works) was sold off by PPG, because PPG was getting out of the glass business. PGW is owned by LKQ Corp.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bi...rgh-glass-works-sale-is-an-end-of-an.amp.html

https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/...market-glass-world-with-635m-purchase-of-pgw/

———
Fact 2:
The S550 rear 1/4 windows, the rubber surround is not installed by PGW or Carlite - that is completed by another vendor. I know this as fact, as I had lengthy correspondence between me and a Carlite Rep regarding the driver side rear 1/4 window on my prior 2016.

The rubber surround on the original 2016 1/4 glass kept curling under and was totally distorted. When my Dealer had put in for a warranty replacement, Ford denied it first time. I then reached out directly to Carlite and sent pics and the Rep stated it should be replaced under warranty and it was defective. He proceeded to tell me that the rubber gasket or surround is not done by Carlite, the glass is sent out to another location for encapsulation and Carlite pays for that expense. Ford eventually replaced my 2016 1/4 under warranty after better pics were sent in and the rubber concern statement used was “distortion”.

———
Fact 3:
This was also passed along to me:
The Carlite “brand” is owned by Ford from when Ford used to be in the glass business. At some point, Ford divested itself of its internal suppliers and decided to get product from the outside market. Carlite was spun off to Visteon and eventually Visteon sold the glass business to a private company, who eventually sold to Central Glass in Japan. Central Glass retained rights to make and distribute glass with the Carlite brand and the Ford logo on it; today this company is now known as Carlex Glass America.

OP
OP

mustang123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Thanks for your responses. I'm almost 100% certain this windshield was replaced with non OEM windshield. And upon closer inspection, they didn't even do a good job with it! Look at the gap difference for the passenger side and driver side! Man I can't believe I drove the car for 6 months just to notice it now. This really sucks... Now I can't unsee it.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my windshield replaced a couple of times, still have the logo, so that's good I guess, lol
IMG_0450.JPG

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I had to replace the front windshield in my 2018 F-150 end of last year, it also has the Ford logo in the top center. When I went through the glass company, they asked if I would want a less expensive windshield without the logo, instead of a Ford one. I said no, since my deductible was going to be the same no matter what, I wanted the Ford glass. (I wasn't going to let the insurance company save any money!) My guess is the OP has an aftermarket windshield that was installed to save someone money.

Doug

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, I bought my CPO 2019 Mustang GT a while back, and I just noticed that I don't have the FORD logo above the rearview mirror on my windshield... Does this mean my windshield has been replaced? (The car is Premium Convertible 10 speed auto, no lane keep assist or anything fancy) If so, does that mean the car should never have been Certified?

I saw that the windshield is made my FUYAO, but so are all the other glasses on the car. What is the OEM for your Mustang windshield? I know it's too late for me to do anything at this point, but I still like to have peace of mind.
Does it stop the bugs from hitting you in the face? Does it keep the wind out of your hair? Do you get wet when it's raining? What's the problem?

Hobohunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2007 Audi S4, 2016 Mustang GT/CS (sold)
Why worry about it, aside from the possible alignment issues? I replaced mine last year after a rock chip turned into an ever expanding crack, I chose non OEM as the cost difference was several hundred dollars and I didn't want to deal with insurance deductibles. I don't even notice the lack of Ford emblem, and honestly, glass is glass.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I can’t believe how off centered that is. Holy cow

Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I saw that the windshield is made my FUYAO, but so are all the other glasses on the car.
You're sure about this? Fuyao or "FYG" is a Chinese glass company. If all the other glass on your car is branded FYG, what the hell happened to your car?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
My windshield was replaced last year. It has the Ford emblem and soundscreen on it. Safelite said they had no other option (probably due to my USAA insurance) but to use the factory replacement. It has a small imperfection in the glass on passenger side in the glass. I decided to live with it instead of having them re-do the job with new glass. Only I can see it. lol. Move on...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You're sure about this? Fuyao or "FYG" is a Chinese glass company. If all the other glass on your car is branded FYG, what the hell happened to your car?
Nothing. Fuyao is an EOM for Ford and other manufacturers. They have a plant in Dayton, Ohio.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Why worry about it, aside from the possible alignment issues? I replaced mine last year after a rock chip turned into an ever expanding crack, I chose non OEM as the cost difference was several hundred dollars and I didn't want to deal with insurance deductibles. I don't even notice the lack of Ford emblem, and honestly, glass is glass.
Because the OEM one could be quieter due to the Soundscreen portion. Not all replacements will be the same thickness or as sound quieting, which could make long trips more tiring. That's the main reason I went for the OEM one when I got mine replaced and the difference was about $100 iirc.
Sponsored