Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I told you the Ford GT GSM was ridiculously priced. The Fusion as well as that of the GT500 are a fraction of that. I looked into swapping the dial itself early on but have yet to order one and disassemble it to see if it would be too much for the average Joe to do. By swap I don't mean for the Ford GT version but rather for a machined billet and anodized dial. From a liability standpoint, based on what this "Gear Shift Module" does, it is no doubt a highly engineered piece and as such may not lend well to disassembly/reassembly or modification. I'll pick one up and go through it when I can.

My favorite Ford parts guy shared this with me and it may help some of you to gain a better understanding of how it works.

ZZ GSM1.JPG

zz GSM2.JPG

ZZ GSM3.JPG

zz GSM3a.JPG

How it integrates into the console of the GT500...

zz GSM5.JPG

zz GSM4.JPG

zz GSM6.JPG

Weee500

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Following

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Hopefully Ford Performance comes out with an aftermarket something that can be factory installed along with a replacement for the cheap plastic piece surrounding it. Matching carbon fiber would be the tits.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think Ford Performance would touch this with a ten foot pole. They are going to stick to air filters, possibly a cat back, and spring kit.

Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I don't think Ford Performance would touch this with a ten foot pole. They are going to stick to air filters, possibly a cat back, and spring kit.
I agree, but a man can dream. This part of the 500 is the weakest and was an easy fix.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand. It's the timing that is ruining this one. Ford's focus has already shifted away from supporting traditional hardware/modifications to budgeting for the new vision. Namely, electrification and whatever goes along with it. They had ample opportunity to get ahead of this one (the GT500) what with the lengthy intro and they did nothing in terms of aftermarket parts development. Were this just a few years ago, we'd already have heard about powerpacks, supercharger kits, handling kits, etc.

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I dont think it would be difficult to make and swap to a new casing. Id buy a anodized black one

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully Ford Performance comes out with an aftermarket something that can be factory installed along with a replacement for the cheap plastic piece surrounding it. Matching carbon fiber would be the tits.
I am having Phil at Auto-Fanatic cover "The cheap plastic piece" surrounding the chrome DCT dial with Alcantara. In fact I am having him cover the entire top section of the console with Alcantara. I ordered the top section of the console and when it came it, I got a lot more than that. It came with 4 extra parts that were supposed to be separate. The DCT dial and GSM assembly, parking brake switch, cup holders and the cheap plastic trim surrounding all of that. I knew they must have pulled this from the line because there is no way you can get all 5 parts assembled together for $280.

Last edited:

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
HILARIOUS, Earl. Like ANYONE is going to pay FIFTEEN HUNDRED BONES for the knob. :-)
Really don't be such a cheap @$$ look at it this way you're saving $731.14 JK:wink:
Sponsored