Sponsored

What’s your plan when your warranty expires?

ssteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
big truck
I was wondering what people plan to do when their warranty expires since several people should be coming up on theirs soon. With the cost of these motors being high and the rate people have had them replaced under warranty I am wondering if a lot of people plan to sell, seek out a third party warranty, just send it?

If you plan to extend your warranty who are you planning on using?
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I don't even have my '19 yet but plan to extend w/ a ford esp prior to 36 months being up, just need to get a feel of how many miles i will put on it each year before deciding which plan to buy. Not as sure I would buy the extended if I wasn't planning on tracking it regularly, but since I am, seems like good insurance!!!

64Chevy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
1964 Chevy C10, 1998 BMW M3, 2008 Lotus Exige 240S, 2013 911 C4S, 2015 Wrangler Rubicon
Since I just got mine, I can wait almost 3 years before making a decision. Typical extended warranties don't pay off, unless you buy one to cover known issues with a specific vehicle (for example I had a Chrysler AWD minivan that we put 100K miles on--it was known to have issues, got the extended warranty, and saved thousands of dollars net). I'm not sure anyone knows the true percentage of Voodoos with problems, but this is a case where buying one might make sense.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I've got an 8 year extended warranty and plan to keep my car at least that long. Car's been great the last 3 years, if it's still running strong at 8 years, I'll probably keep my GT350 for even longer.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Good question. My warranty is going to expire in August. I have ~6500mi so far and 9 track days.

From what I've read, getting an extended warranty varies in price with different mileage & time limits.

Currently thinking about driving it out of warranty and use the $ I would of spent on extended warranty for a motor rebuild down the road.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The 5/60 on my 2016 GT350 will be up in a year and a half. 3/36 is long gone. I have considered replacing the car sometime before then, but there is nothing that costs a similar amount of money that has everything I want and would be a clear upgrade/better choice for me. I have considered buying an extended warranty, but they cost more than I want to pay, especially since the transmission and rear diff on my car aren't covered any more due to the modifications I did to make my GT350 track worthy.

I also considered going to a regular GT, but then it would still need mods for the track.

Right now, I feel that the best decision for me would be to continue driving and enjoying the car. I would love to buy a 2020 GT350 with the new grabber lime color, but the changes to the car really aren't that major. If I came into a bunch of money I might do it, but really I would just be buying it for "peace of mind". I've spent many years driving cars that were out of warranty in the past. I know that I can handle having that small amount of doubt in my mind.

At some point I might turn the car into track only, but IMO it's a blast and perfect for commuting to work (as weather permits). I'll probably keep driving it for the foreseeable future.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
My first one shit the bed. Ford replaced it then I sold the 2nd one before it did the same. Values will tank for GT350's once the warranty expires. Nobody wants to pony up for a potential engine disaster.
There you go again...

As for me, I am still on the fence on this ESP issue. I'm at 4 mos of ownership and about 1k miles. Not going to track it much, maybe here and there, just don't have the time for it right now. If I do go with the ESP, I'll go with the $0 deductible - 8 yr - 36k miles ESP.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
6 track days and 35,000 miles. I will just keep driving it and if anything happens I'll have the engine rebuilt. If it seems like a total loss I'll get a different car (assuming they don't all suck at that point).

-T

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Good question. My warranty is going to expire in August. I have ~6500mi so far and 9 track days.

From what I've read, getting an extended warranty varies in price with different mileage & time limits.

Currently thinking about driving it out of warranty and use the $ I would of spent on extended warranty for a motor rebuild down the road.
Im in the same boat. I am debating extending the power train only for 8 years. I need to decide if the mustang is a forever car. But with the power train warranty I have a warrantied track car which is pretty hard to beat.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Group buy?

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I'm gonna continue driving and treating mine the way I always have!
I agree. I would never buy a car that I couldn't get it fixed on my dime.

I plan to own it at least 10 years (I've owned my Cobra for 23 years).

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I will just keep driving it and if anything happens I'll have the engine rebuilt. If it seems like a total loss I'll get a different car (assuming they don't all suck at that point).

-T
This is my plan as well....
Sponsored