Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
I'd still be curious about how it works, like for example, what if I blow out the rear end? Clearly not under warranty from Ford, that's out of Whipple's warranty coverage (I would assume), but if it is covered by Lebanon, do they comp a local Ford dealer? Personally I wouldn't buy a "dealer model" unless I lived closed by the supporting dealer.
This is the dumbest idea... that much horsepower on stock internals. It's not going to last very long in the real world, and just try collecting on that warranty when they will download the history of what you were doing at that very moment.
Look at what was required for the GT500 internals of internals and heat management, even a new block. The factory superchargers never use conventional internals.

Last edited:

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer said he had a long line of cash deposits on the GT500. He said he may not be able to get one beyond the ordered ones for another 3 + years. I heard it will get over 750 Hp and 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.

Great car for sure, but I like the N/A GT350.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I can't wait to see the ADM threads when the GT500 hits the dealerships. :crazy:

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I can't wait to see the ADM threads when the GT500 hits the dealerships. :crazy:
I've known about additional dealer mark-up since I bought my first car in high school.. Some guys want it now, and I assume they can afford it.

I think Ford has always priced cars fairly on the cost of production with a profit. They can't control the dealers or the guys with money to burn.

I remember when Mustang Cobra's got a big premium (especially the 2003 Terminator).

Sponsored

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
I'd still be curious about how it works, like for example, what if I blow out the rear end? Clearly not under warranty from Ford, that's out of Whipple's warranty coverage (I would assume), but if it is covered by Lebanon, do they comp a local Ford dealer?

Personally I wouldn't buy a "dealer model" unless I lived closed by the supporting dealer.
I a jumping in mid-stream, but from my reading, the blowers are warrantied in accordance with the 3/36. The real question is who would stand by a rod or oil pump gear failure. If I were to buy one of the Lebanon cars with the opg and transported it here, if there were a radio or seat or unrelated issue, I am sure there is no problem. If it tosses a rod or detonation burns a ringland, I assume I would be hosed, thus deleting the entire point.

I mod cars, so it is somewhat moot to me, but i feel a lot safer spending the money on a more powerful car and adding simple mods, than buying the cheaper car and almost doubling the power. Law of averages and what not...

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I a jumping in mid-stream, but from my reading, the blowers are warrantied in accordance with the 3/36. The real question is who would stand by a rod or oil pump gear failure. If I were to buy one of the Lebanon cars with the opg and transported it here, if there were a radio or seat or unrelated issue, I am sure there is no problem. If it tosses a rod or detonation burns a ringland, I assume I would be hosed, thus deleting the entire point.

I mod cars, so it is somewhat moot to me, but i feel a lot safer spending the money on a more powerful car and adding simple mods, than buying the cheaper car and almost doubling the power. Law of averages and what not...
I think youre still covered if it the car is running the supplied tune. go with someone else and your on your own

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My dealer said he had a long line of cash deposits on the GT500. He said he may not be able to get one beyond the ordered ones for another 3 + years. I heard it will get over 750 Hp and 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.

Great car for sure, but I like the N/A GT350.
I don't think it's going to be anywhere near 3 seconds 0-60, much less under 3 seconds with all that weight in the front and nothing in the back. They would have had to go to a transaxle or AWD to get the 0-60 time that low.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
He said he may not be able to get one beyond the ordered ones for another 3 + years. I heard it will get over 750 Hp and 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.
Nice, but the 6G Mustang will be replaced inside of 3 years with an all-new generation platform.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it's going to be anywhere near 3 seconds 0-60, much less under 3 seconds with all that weight in the front and nothing in the back. They would have had to go to a transaxle or AWD to get the 0-60 time that low.
You may be correct. I was thinking a low 1st gear and sticky tires--warmed slicks. The Dodge Demon broke 3 seconds (2.8 and below)...

Of course, the new Shelby GT500 is made more for fast lap times with the massive brakes and other parts from the GT350R. But with 725+ Hp. As I stated, this car will be hard to buy at MSRP for a few more years.

It will be a year from now before we really know the full potential performance. I'd just say it will be in the supercar class.

Heck, I just got a decent deal on a GT350. I plan to abuse it after a proper break-in period.

S550Boss said:
Nice, but the 6G Mustang will be replaced inside of 3 years with an all-new generation platform.
I agree.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You may be correct. I was thinking a low 1st gear and sticky tires--warmed slicks. The Dodge Demon broke 3 seconds (2.8 and below)...
Maybe with slicks on a prepped track, yes. But you can start modifying many cars and get a low 0-60 in a special situation like that. In my opinion that time doesn't count.

If you want a sub 3 second 0-60, something like a BMW M5 would be a better choice. ~600 hp with AWD will walk all over the GT500 in most situations - at least on the street. Too bad the GT500 couldn't have had a TT V8 with AWD. It would have beat the competition in a very serious way. It wouldn't have even been close.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know if anyone else noticed but I saw it at the auto show today and the front is actually wider than the rear the fenders. Not appealing to me at all like that.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know if anyone else noticed but I saw it at the auto show today and the front is actually wider than the rear the fenders. Not appealing to me at all like that.
Agreed. Still wishing they would've widened the rear of the car. I understand that it's not exactly cheap to do, but if BMW does it with M cars...

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Agreed. Still wishing they would've widened the rear of the car. I understand that it's not exactly cheap to do, but if BMW does it with M cars...
According to the lead designer, Melvin Betancourt, the front and rear fenders are equally wide.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
_____ DJI_0945_2.jpg
Sponsored