Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Do we know how much this thing weighs yet?

No. "But it has 700+hp and it does the 1/4 mile in under 11 seconds, 0-60 in less than 3.5 seconds. It only comes with a 7 speed DCT. And it's top speed is limited to 180mph."

That is the answer every time the question is asked. It's like a frigging recording. Oh and "Venom kills Demons"! Blah blah blah.
Sponsored

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
No. "But it has 700+hp and it does the 1/4 mile in under 11 seconds, 0-60 in less than 3.5 seconds. It only comes with a 7 speed DCT. And it's top speed is limited to 180mph."

That is the answer every time the question is asked. It's like a frigging recording. Oh and "Venom kills Demons"! Blah blah blah.
I never owned anything but fords my whole life.
Now I’m starting to believe all my non ford friends.
For
Obviously
Reason
Dumbass

Or

Regarding the GT500

Furtive
Off the record
Restricted
Dilatory

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I will NEVER get used to or understand WHY Ford would put an UNGLY Lexus style front grill on a Mustang, any Mustang, little own a Shelby GT500!!!!!!!!!!
Sooooooo GLAD I cancelled my order and went with the 2019 BULLITT !!!!!!!
Nothing some body color paint won't fix for not much cost.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I will NEVER get used to or understand WHY Ford would put an UNGLY Lexus style front grill on a Mustang, any Mustang, little own a Shelby GT500!!!!!!!!!!
The 2020 GT500 is the best looking Mustang sence 1970. And Oh, you canceled an order on a car you can’t even order yet?

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
You're still copy pasting this exact same comment that you've already posted countless times before?? We get it already! You don't like the GT500 and you're a moron! Move the hell on.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The 2020 GT500 is the best looking Mustang sence 1970. And Oh, you canceled an order on a car you can’t even order yet?
No, he canceled his handshake with the neighbors uncles sisters, friends of the GM for an under MSRP deal

Ken F. Williams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT # K0750 / Harley Davidson V-Rod / Lincoln MKX
29E55971-6C5D-4803-9509-F8EC2052DF59.jpeg
It’s not a Lexus. Get over the fact that the center beam is black. It’s not like it’s part of the grille like the Lexus.
The 500 looks nothing like this.
Well, just for you I did a little survey at our golf club where the parking lot is full of high-end cars all the way up to McLarens and Ferraris. I showed a photo of the new Shelby GT500 grill and asked if they could tell me at first glance what car it was. Out of 20 I got 11 Lexus, 8 Audi and 1 Mustang from a member who also said at first he thought it was a Lexus but new it was a Mustang because someone else asked him the same question a week ago. Get over that!!!

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Well, just for you I did a little survey at our golf club where the parking lot is full of high-end cars all the way up to McLarens and Ferraris. I showed a photo of the new Shelby GT500 grill and asked if they could tell me at first glance what car it was. Out of 20 I got 11 Lexus, 8 Audi and 1 Mustang from a member who also said at first he thought it was a Lexus but new it was a Mustang because someone else asked him the same question a week ago. Get over that!!!
#Fake news.
The people with cars like that usually don’t know much. Oh did you show them a picture of just the grill or a picture of the car???

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Man or woman?
Ask your golf buddies
AD78D4D3-FDA0-48DB-8838-0F384100A741.jpeg
lol

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red

Well, getting a lot of one's buddies to co-sign bullshit is not a huge challenge in terms of social engineering, and it doesn't make summer into winter or night into day.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
If anything, from a distance the shape resembles that of an Audi grille. But walking around the car it doesn't look much like either.

The front seems pretty massive, but it's nicely sculpted.
The front resembles an Audi a bit, but I think what we're really seeing is design engineering from various manufacturers, reaching the same solution, to the same goals, within the general design aesthetic of the make/model, i.e., cooling, aero, structural requirements. If you squint at many of the super/hyper cars, they look the same, because they all figured out that's the shape that works for their performance targets.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
If you super isolated just the center grill, then maybe it resembles....idk anything. But if someone is shown the complete front end and doesn't know what it is.....well then..... i feel sorry for them. I think any true 'car' guy knows what it is PERIOD. NOW you ask my mom, well, it has 2 doors and 4 wheels, she doesn't know the difference between a camaro, challenger, mustang or pretty much anything. AND there of lots of wannabe 'car' guys that call my 97 Trans Am a Camaro.....and well they immediately loose credibility with me.....

Now whether you like it is a completely a different story (I DO LIKE IT), but recognizing it as a Mustang is obvious to me.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You surveyed people at a golf club? May as well have asked them which tampon brand is the most absorbent.

Seriously.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I normally don't get involved in petty arguments like this, but I have to admit, rich Golfers (ie. Doctors, Lawyers and Liberal talk show hosts) are the last people I would ask anything about cars.

If I need a heart valve, I'll ask a doctor. If I need a living will, I'll ask a lawyer. If I need golfing lessons, I'll ask a pro golfer. If I feel great need to punch someone in the face, I'll ask a liberal talk show host.

If I need anything to do with my car, I'll ask other guys with the same car, or a mechanic.
Sponsored