Sponsored

Squealing sound when braking?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Unfortunately, my dealer tried to excuse the problem as a normal phenomenon and wouldn't even acknowledge the TSB # I provided. The result is that I'm shopping for a new dealer but haven't really had a chance to get serious about it yet.
Wow, that's not right on the dealer's part. If Ford has a TSB out and your car shows the symptoms I see no reason why they wouldn't fix it under warranty.

Ford needs to have a chat with the owner of that dealership. I doubt the Ford reps here like reading about a dealership not operating like they should and making customer's shun away.
Sponsored

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that's not right on the dealer's part. If Ford has a TSB out and your car shows the symptoms I see no reason why they wouldn't fix it under warranty.

Ford needs to have a chat with the owner of that dealership. I doubt the Ford reps here like reading about a dealership not operating like they should and making customer's shun away.
It's absolutely ridiculous. I feel your pain cause I've been fighting tooth and nail with my dealer to get this fixed. I'm sitting in the dealer now while they put my new brakes on so its almost over.

Greg15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
GT Pony Mine started squealing a few days ago started with a quick squeak (about 600 miles) now getting worse more of a squeal. (900 miles)
Just about the same mileage and noise as mine. I'm at about 1800 now and it seems to be getting a lot better.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
My non-GTPP Mustang GT does not have this issue. My friend with a 2012 Charger SRT-8 with brembos had the same issue. 3M Copper Anti-Seize Brake Lube helped get rid of the squealing sound.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My non-GTPP Mustang GT does not have this issue. My friend with a 2012 Charger SRT-8 with brembos had the same issue. 3M Copper Anti-Seize Brake Lube helped get rid of the squealing sound.
Yeah, it's still puzzling to me how the brake disk has anything to do with squealing brakes. :shrug:

Sponsored

SlowRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red GT
Well my dealers been good thus far. Haven't mentioned the squeal problem to them yet I'm scheduled to take my car in Monday for the Handbrake Assembly. Hopefully they won't give me any grief about the brakes when I go in. I haven't had a full day without issues from my Mustang yet. Kinda regretting getting one takes the joy out of driving it.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Everyone do yourself a favor and send FordService a message NOW about your squealing brakes include your information along with your car info (VIN, mileage). Avoid the headaches/bull shit that some dealers may cause. You're better off getting the process started now just in case you get the run around.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well my dealers been good thus far. Haven't mentioned the squeal problem to them yet I'm scheduled to take my car in Monday for the Handbrake Assembly. Hopefully they won't give me any grief about the brakes when I go in. I haven't had a full day without issues from my Mustang yet. Kinda regretting getting one takes the joy out of driving it.
Sorry to hear that ... been there, done that. What kind of issues are you having and how many miles on your car?

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Especially repeat customers. I've purchased three Mustangs from said dealership and have had less than satisfactory service experiences with all three. While that definitely sucks, I have to accept some of the blame for allowing myself to go back.

I also wonder if they're simply passing along pushback on warranty issues directly from Ford. Either way, I hate feeling like I'm in a court of law trying to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that my car is broken.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to report back that I drove it this morning (mornings are usually the loudest) and no squeals!! Hope it continues. I can finally drive my car again and not be embarrassed!

Sponsored

MikenDallas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium in Black
Same here! I have my car for 3 days now since my dealer performed the recall on the rotors and pads and all is good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Everyone do yourself a favor and send FordService a message NOW about your squealing brakes include your information along with your car info (VIN, mileage). Avoid the headaches/bull shit that some dealers may cause. You're better off getting the process started now just in case you get the run around.
I concur...and this is excellent advice for those who are just now reading and/or joining this thread with this issue. Do this first. :bump:

domingos35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive 2005 F-150 STX
The cars coming out of the factory right now should have the fix already installed right?

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
The cars coming out of the factory right now should have the fix already installed right?
The TSB is for cars built on or before 2/11/15.

TakeMyMoneyFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Mustang GT Premium
I sent a PM to FordService, hopefully they can help me with getting the parts ordered ahead of time. I don't want to be given the run around from my local dealer...
Sponsored