What did you do to your GT350 today?

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
What is making the car look wet? Fresh detail? Ceramic Coating?
Hey Michael,
Nothing extreme or out of the ordinary. I clay bar it once or twice a year, waterless wash and wax by Meguiars all the time, a couple of detail sprays from Wizards and Mothers frequently. Butter Wet Wax by Chemical Guys once or twice a year. The car has never been washed with water and soap since I bought it new. Never driven in the rain and I remove the bugs right after I park it in the garage. Drive it about 2000 miles a year. All pretty normal right?
DSC_2183-2.jpg
Sponsored

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
First oil change - all went super smooth, and very happy to replace the oem plug with a UPR billet aluminum one…just feels so much better to handle and I like the dual o-ring setup. I highly recommend making the swap!

Everything worked out great, until I got to draining…learned the hard way that the extra large new oil pan I bought couldn’t take the oil as fast as it was coming out! Ended up with about a quart or so on the floor…luckily the floor is coated so no issues getting it up, just an unnecessary mess. Will only be using an open pan on this car going forward!

IMG_8282.jpeg

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
First oil change - all went super smooth, and very happy to replace the oem plug with a UPR billet aluminum one…just feels so much better to handle and I like the dual o-ring setup. I highly recommend making the swap!

Everything worked out great, until I got to draining…learned the hard way that the extra large new oil pan I bought couldn’t take the oil as fast as it was coming out! Ended up with about a quart or so on the floor…luckily the floor is coated so no issues getting it up, just an unnecessary mess. Will only be using an open pan on this car going forward!

IMG_8282.jpeg
That car looks so nice in your garage. What oil pan is that you're referring to? I always use a home depot bucket... but I have lift. A bucket probably won't work with floor jacks.

I might need to add the R splitter to my HE and get those red calipers. Been trying to leave my HE stock but it's hard. Already did the RSD and CF wheels. The splitter and calipers are đź’Ş

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I might highly recommend doing some searching. This drain plug topic has been beat up pretty good, and after more than a handful of failures (of the aftermarket ones), I think it’s one of the top “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” items. Most certainly not trying to rain on your parade. I was semi-headed down the same path until I researched it.

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I might highly recommend doing some searching. This drain plug topic has been beat up pretty good, and after more than a handful of failures (of the aftermarket ones), I think it’s one of the top “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” items. Most certainly not trying to rain on your parade. I was semi-headed down the same path until I researched it.
I researched it - sounded like the original versions had a single o ring that leaked slightly on some people, then they upgraded the design to double o ring and haven’t heard any problems since. No rain here, $50 part and an easy swap next oil change if I notice anything at all. I didn’t get the one that has the valve…just the standard plug. But I hear your point, just something about that cheap little plug was bothering me…

Sponsored

tangermean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Gt350, 68 Coupe
I have to agree! Knock on wood I have never had to replace the factory plastic drain plug on any of my Fords that have had one. Maybe I have just gotten lucky?

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
My car has a upr double o ring oil drain plug. Previous owner installed it. It's been good for me the last two years. But I do have a new plastic OEM one I've thought about installing next oil change....

Caustic Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1965 Sunbeam Mk-1A, Kirkham 289 FIA
Hey Michael,
Nothing extreme or out of the ordinary. I clay bar it once or twice a year, waterless wash and wax by Meguiars all the time, a couple of detail sprays from Wizards and Mothers frequently. Butter Wet Wax by Chemical Guys once or twice a year. The car has never been washed with water and soap since I bought it new. Never driven in the rain and I remove the bugs right after I park it in the garage. Drive it about 2000 miles a year. All pretty normal right?
Hey Michael,
DSC_2183-2.jpg
LOL...oh yes, indeed! By the looks of it, me thinks you're a single guy. If not, your wife must be a saint to live with that OCD.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Called the insurance company to re-add the full coverage, removed the wheel dollies and straightened her out in the garage. Have to wait 5 days for the insurance to kick back in. She's ready to go!
20231124_200243675_iOS.jpg
20240406_012136783_iOS.jpg

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Called the insurance company to re-add the full coverage, removed the wheel dollies and straightened her out in the garage. Have to wait 5 days for the insurance to kick back in. She's ready to go!
Love those wheel dollies - you happy with the brand? Bought a set but sent them back after I saw the self jacking ones. If you really like the quality mind shooting me the brand? I’ll snag a set, thanks!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Love those wheel dollies - you happy with the brand? Bought a set but sent them back after I saw the self jacking ones. If you really like the quality mind shooting me the brand? I’ll snag a set, thanks!
Thanks, absolutely love them. It does take two people (in my case) to move the vehicle but once you have it started it glides well. You want two people if you are in a small space such as my garage for damage control :cool: My garage is pitched toward the doors which is great for water drainage, but once started the car will start sloping down toward the garage doors if someone is not at the back of the car. They designed the third garage stall with that stupid 2ft indent so I'm losing valuable depth, that is why I have to position my 350 at an angle to get access to everything during winter storage work.
The locks on the wheels work great. Once I have it position where I want it I drop the wheels down and leave the dollies there. Took one whack to the lower leg though to make me mindful that they were on the perimeter of the car!
Bought them from Summit Racing..
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sxt-7708
also bought the storage rack...
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-918071

Last edited:

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Thanks, absolutely love them. It does take two people (in my case) to move the vehicle but once you have it started it glides well. You want two people if you are in a small space such as my garage for damage control :cool: My garage is pitched toward the doors which is great for water drainage, but once started the car will start sloping down toward the garage doors if someone is not at the back of the car. They designed the third garage stall with that stupid 2ft indent so I'm losing valuable depth, that is why I have to position my 350 at an angle to get access to everything during winter storage work.
The locks on the wheels work great. Once I have it position where I want it I drop the wheels down and leave the dollies there. Took one whack to the lower leg though to make me mindful that they were on the perimeter of the car!
Bought them from Summit Racing..
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sxt-7708
also bought the storage rack...
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-918071
Sounds great thanks! Will snag a set for winter storage, appreciate it.
Sponsored