Sponsored

Who has gone back to the factory resonator after installing an H or X pipe?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I went full Borla cat back with X pipe and with active exhaust it was perfect for me. Ran in track mode pretty much all the time, it sounded amazing. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago. Texas Speed catted long tubes going into the same Borla system. Now normal is LOUD, I mean really nasty on cold start. Quiet mode sounds really good however. I now start mine in quiet mode all the time and run in quiet mode unless I want to make noise. Track mode is rarely used unless I really, like REALLY want to wake the dead LOL. That said, I am considering getting the Borla resonator (the one from the touring system) to mellow it out a little bit. It has a built in H pipe plus sound deadening. But for now, making it start in quiet from midnight to 10 PM (pretty much all the time) works for me...
Sponsored

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
After and H pipe and then a Borla SwitchFire I decided to go back to stock and the truth is I love it.

don’t think we give enough time for the resonators to break in before changing them.
the stock resonator on the Bullitt brings back that deep burble that I lost with the delete.

I won’t change it again now.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Why ? H-pipe and SLP LOUDMOUTH II and I get that classic 1965 289 K-code sound.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I think the Bullitt already has that nice deep tone from stock, but the H pipe and SwitchFire lost a lot of that unique sound it had.
then go back to stock.

PaulTheAlvarez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So I finally installed a Ford Performance x-pipe on my 2017 mustang GT. The only other exhaust mod that I have are Corsa Touring axle-backs. The car is LOUD, especially on cold starts!!! Holy shit. I park the car in the garage of my condo and when I fire her up, I'm literally embarrassed!!!

So, who else has gone back to a stock resonator.

My biggest regret is replacing my 2019 Bullit resonator with an Roush H-pipe. Great quality but that tone of the Bullitt was gone. Foolishly, I gave my stock resonator to the metal junk collector. Then I tried to replace it with a GT resonator. Don't let anyone tell you the Bullitt resonator is the same as GT. I am the tested and tried truth. They are not. The exhaust note sucked, sounded nothing like the Bullitt resonator. I'm stuck until I find a sucker on Ebay selling a Bullitt or Mach 1 resonator, which sounds comparable to the Bullit, which I will jump on. H-pipe is loud and all, but the sound is every other mustang on the road.

JB60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
I had H pipe on my daily GT for a month and got tired of it , switched it out with Accelatec resonator from CJ Pony Parts. Would like Cat or axle back but just too expensive , the 3 inch Manaflow Street system on my 2017 sounded great

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The sound of the X or H pipe isn’t good. You loose that throaty tone. I wish Magnaflow would make the tru x resonated resonator again.

Sponsored

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
My biggest regret is replacing my 2019 Bullit resonator with an Roush H-pipe. Great quality but that tone of the Bullitt was gone. Foolishly, I gave my stock resonator to the metal junk collector. Then I tried to replace it with a GT resonator. Don't let anyone tell you the Bullitt resonator is the same as GT. I am the tested and tried truth. They are not. The exhaust note sucked, sounded nothing like the Bullitt resonator. I'm stuck until I find a sucker on Ebay selling a Bullitt or Mach 1 resonator, which sounds comparable to the Bullit, which I will jump on. H-pipe is loud and all, but the sound is every other mustang on the road.
Christ don't say that I've just changed to an H pipe for my 19 Bullitt. I did ask at the time for the resonator back but the fitter said it had been cut up.

Personally the stock sound could barely be heard inside the cabin. Has been a week so far so no buyers remorse yet.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Your so right mate.
I fortunately kept my resonator and welded it back on.
I do have a SwitchFire for sale though which did sound much better than the steeda H and X Pipe.

jthompson473

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
H pipe with roush mufflers.

I AINT NEVA GOIN BACK!

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
This is always interesting to me. I think the H pipe and Mach active exhaust sounds amazing.

RescueLt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Gt Convertible
I think the H pipe pairs well with cars equipped with the factory active exhaust. It’s seems, however, that models without the active exhaust, and have factory mufflers, the H gives off a very metallic, or tinny sound that won’t appeal to most. Those with the non active exhaust would probably be more happy with a full car back system. I have the active, with a Steeda H, and it is staying!
Sponsored