Sponsored

Making A GT Look Like a Mach 1

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
As a Mach 1 owner, I say go for it, especially since you're not planning on putting fake badges. 👍

Why not label it as a "Mock 1"?
That would be fantastic...
Sponsored

CO5OTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Check out my feed, not a very good representation, but I added the Mach1 diffuser to my 18GT. Found a cool dude on here and purchased from him. Exhaust doesn't fit great unless you buy the mach1 catback. The exhaust on mine was made for the GT so it had to be modified a bit to work. Still turned out pretty good.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
You can make some "Moch1" badges to finish it. People will love it.
LOL now this is a very good idea! So great.
I would truly love to see that Moch 1 in badge in the same font as the regular Mach 1; ask the owner why it is misspelled and then find out it is a modified GT. Best kind of joke and not an up badge.

Would also like to see a Dodge Challenger Shat Pack or a Chevy Craparo SS. 🤣

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Hurst grille and just purchased a Hurst shifter knob, and Hurst rear deck panel.
I may be considered by some to be a poser, but don’t care cause i am 80.
Do what makes you happy.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There’s no such thing as a “poser” when it comes to modifying or building YOUR vehicle to what YOU want and desire.

—-

With that said, the only time the community or hobby frowns on “replicas”, “knock offs”, “hero”, or “tribute” vehicles is when the owner is not transparent that the vehicle IS one of those types and is NOT the genuine article.

There have been too many instances in the past across all muscle car, collector car and auto enthusiast sites or venues where someone is trying to sell or promote a FAKE as being genuine. Some people go to extreme lengths to fake such vehicles even down to specific manufacturer or speciality vehicle numbered metal dash or body plates. People who are looking for such a vehicle (their dream car or one they have always wanted), and are unsuspecting, or don’t know what to look for when it comes to authentication, verification or confirmation of the vehicle’s pedigree are the ones who can (and have) lost big $$$ from fraudulent cosigners/advertisements/sales of such a vehicle.

If you’re making your S550 GT look like a Mach 1, a Bullitt, a 50th LE, or even a Shelby - more power to you and do what you want - but if your replica or tribute is down to the “T” where it’s hard to discern it from a genuine original, just be transparent on forums, at shows, cars-n-coffees, and if selling.

Sponsored

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
Trim level misappropriation?

Girl friend's woke daughter accused us of cultural misappropriation for dressing up like a padre and a Mexocan bandit on Cinco de Mayo.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Trim level misappropriation?

Girl friend's woke daughter accused us of cultural misappropriation for dressing up like a padre and a Mexocan bandit on Cinco de Mayo.
Lol, I didn't know people dressed up for 5/5. It would be a funny costume

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
It's your car op. Paint it pink for all anyone cares. But the fact that you are on here asking shows that you do care what others think. So just be prepared to be called phony, poser & fake by all the internet tough guys. When it comes down to it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But haters gonna hate. I also like the Mach 1 front facia quiet a bit. Just not willing to spend the $ on something like that when I can spend it on go parts. I just find it funny that people ask what others think when it comes down to you own things & your own $$.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
As long as you're not trying to pass it off as a Mach 1, absolutely go for it! 🤙

There's a dude around the Twin Cities that drives a fake Super Snake. It's a 2005 auto with all the badges, vinyls, and body panels of the S197 GT500 Super Snake. He only recently started calling it a "tribute" vehicle. Before that though...never said a word.

Just don't be that guy.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There’s no such thing as a “poser” when it comes to modifying or building YOUR vehicle to what YOU want and desire.

—-

With that said, the only time the community or hobby frowns on “replicas”, “knock offs”, “hero”, or “tribute” vehicles is when the owner is not transparent that the vehicle IS one of those types and is NOT the genuine article.

There have been too many instances in the past across all muscle car, collector car and auto enthusiast sites or venues where someone is trying to sell or promote a FAKE as being genuine. Some people go to extreme lengths to fake such vehicles even down to specific manufacturer or speciality vehicle numbered metal dash or body plates. People who are looking for such a vehicle (their dream car or one they have always wanted), and are unsuspecting, or don’t know what to look for when it comes to authentication, verification or confirmation of the vehicle’s pedigree are the ones who can (and have) lost big $$$ from fraudulent cosigners/advertisements/sales of such a vehicle.

If you’re making your S550 GT look like a Mach 1, a Bullitt, a 50th LE, or even a Shelby - more power to you and do what you want - but if your replica or tribute is down to the “T” where it’s hard to discern it from a genuine original, just be transparent on forums, at shows, cars-n-coffees, and if selling.
I agree, the idea of a tribute car is good. I would just say don’t go so far as to put actual Mach1 badges on the car. Even if you explain to people what it is you’re doing. I do like the Moch 1 or Mock 1 idea though, that’s pretty cool. Could even do a custom license plate that says the same.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I did my own badging also.

^ This. I hope developing my own custom metal badging/seat stichting (no I will not be putting shelby badging/shelby snakes of any kind on my 'stang) is considered its own thing and not upbadging?
Wash in November.jpg

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This is my 2018 gt PP1 with a PP2 splitter, mach 1 side stripes, and M1HP wheels, fender molding, and spoiler. And I’ve seen one other similar one but he kept the PP1 spoiler.

IMG_6162.jpeg
Looks really good Mike. I dig the stripes
Sponsored