Making A GT Look Like a Mach 1

JacoPaco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaco
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I love my GT and got it for a pretty good price a few years back. I have no need for a Mach 1 but I really love the looks of it. I won't be tracking my car, I just want to have a cool-looking car for my daily needs. I swapped out the front GT bumper for a Mach 1 777 Bumper, a huge visual upgrade. I want to get a set of Mach 1 Replica vinyls to perfect the look. I won't at all be putting any Mach 1 badges on my GT, but would haveing the bumper AND the vinyl make me a poser?
Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I would say build what you want.

I like the look of the GT350 fenders, spoiler, and valance, and will be making mine look similar using aftermarket parts. Hence, I am calling it a 6350 and will be designing badges for that name. Making it my own, but in the way I like.

And mine will be getting procharged so it will be its own thing.

Just a thought. Does that make me a poser or doing what I want with what I own?

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
If it makes you smileā€¦ Who cares what it does for anyone else
IMG_8810.jpeg

ā€œMach 1ā€ exhaust/valance on my GTā€¦

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Imitation is the best form of flattery. As long as youā€™re not upbadging, do what you want. Thereā€™s a few folks that have the Mach 1 valence/exhaust kit that FP sells and the GT500 hoods that Cervini and others make are very popular as well. If it looks good to your eyes, thatā€™s all that matters.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Imitation is the best form of flattery. As long as youā€™re not upbadging, do what you want. Thereā€™s a few folks that have the Mach 1 valence/exhaust kit that FP sells and the GT500 hoods that Cervini and others make are very popular as well. If it looks good to your eyes, thatā€™s all that matters.

^ This. I hope developing my own custom metal badging/seat stichting (no I will not be putting shelby badging/shelby snakes of any kind on my 'stang) is considered its own thing and not upbadging?

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
^ This. I hope developing my own custom metal badging/seat stichting (no I will not be putting shelby badging/shelby snakes of any kind on my 'stang) is considered its own thing and not upbadging?
Nope. Upbadging is putting GT/5.0 badges on a V6/Eco, Shelby emblems on a Mach 1/GT, Mach 1 emblems on a GT, etc. Other than that, make it however you want it!

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. Upbadging is putting GT/5.0 badges on a V6/Eco, Shelby emblems on a Mach 1/GT, Mach 1 emblems on a GT, etc. Other than that, make it however you want it!
Thank you brother, I appreciate the input! Proceeding as planned :rockon:

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
:cwl::cwl:

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
As long as you don't put mach 1 badges on your GT you're not a poser. Front bumper, hood, rear valence, etc. put on what you like. Just make sure you get the aftermarket stripes that are blank, without the mach 1 script on the hood stripe.

Like other have said, you're not a poser until you rebadge and try to pass off your car for what it's not.

RacingRoger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKZ, F-150 Lariat. Future: G6 Mustang GT
"...and will be designing badges..."
I'm interested in how you will go about getting the finished badge product. Do you "know a guy", or make them yourself? 3D printed or cast out of metal or resin? Some other way?

I'm interested in some custom badges myself and am looking for a way to do that.

Thanks in advance!!!

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested in how you will go about getting the finished badge product. Do you "know a guy", or make them yourself? 3D printed or cast out of metal or resin? Some other way?

I'm interested in some custom badges myself and am looking for a way to do that.

Thanks in advance!!!
Hey no problem! My business partner is a mechanical engineer and in his other business has access to a managerie of software and carbon fiber 3D printers and the like.
He is going to be designing our businessā€™ new logo as well as my aforementioned ā€œ6350ā€ badges, printing them off in carbon fiber. I will be using the business logos in my interior and the 6350 badges I ā€œknow a guyā€ who will take them and make metal versions for use on my too-be-bought-still aftermarket GT350 fenders.

If the ā€œguy I knowā€ feels like it might be better to just use the carbon fiber badges, I might do so or look around at another business I know that might do the metalwork (which if I use, and like, can share later on down the road.)