Sponsored

Tailgaters

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It’s ridiculous here. Either they drive like they’re in space or they are completely irresponsible maniacs.
I saw someone actually tailgating a cop from another city in a marked vehicle yesterday.
What they forget is that although they may be out of jurisdiction, they have a powerful tool. The radio. All they need to do is go over to the state police mutual aid channel and the nearest highway patrol officer would be on his butt so fast it would be comical.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't typically get tailgated, but people seem to like letting me set the pace. If I'm in my other car, people are always using any excuse to get around me lol

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I’ll just say that it felt like it was a game for the BMW driver. I sped up, slowed down and even rolled down my window and pointed towards the other lane via my side mirror (since my windows are tinted) and he stayed parked on my rear bumper, even when stopped at a stoplight. So he knew what he was doing.
Get a "window washer fluid" setup mounted on the rear of the car. Separate tank. Fill with some nasty RED fluid. Bet they get the message REAL fast!!

J/K!!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Get a "window washer fluid" setup mounted on the rear of the car. Separate tank. Fill with some nasty RED fluid. Bet they get the message REAL fast!!

J/K!!
In today's world, they would probably retaliate and there is a good chance you could catch a bullet. Not a good idea.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm never sure what the definition of "cut off" is.

I know for sure I've irritated some left lane campers when I go around them. They even speed up to try to prevent it. I had my cruise set and I came up on you - now that I'm in front of you - suddenly you want to go 5 mph faster. Jerks.

I think different people just have different ideas of what is acceptable behavior on the road. To me the left lane is for passing. Some people just want to be in the left lane for no reason other than they like it there.

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
yeah, I missed that.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
For me it is when they do something that makes me have to hit the brakes
Yeah that's pretty bad to change lanes in front of someone in such a way that they immediately have to mash the brakes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
There’s so much in this thread that I encounter all the time. I hate the people that ride the left lane then when you go to pass in the right they speed up and fly off then with the cruise set at the same speed you catch them again 4 minutes later and they take off again.

The ones that really irritate me is when they’re slowly catching up over a couple miles then when they get to your bumper they don’t pass and stay right behind you. I usually bump it up a mph gradually so they don’t notice (because you know they’re watching you not their speedo) until I’m like 15mph over then immediately turn it down to the 5 over I was doing. Usually they think I’m the idiot that can’t maintain speed and fly around me not realizing they just played right into what I wanted them to do. If I do that multiple times and they don’t leave me alone I’ll just do a small pull to pass another car and then they latch onto them.

It’s always a mini van or a Prius, or any car with a Karen on her phone.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I take it having a phone in your hand while driving is legal in the US?

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
For me it is when they do something that makes me have to hit the brakes
Yes, and that includes when I'm in the right lane and they merge in front of me at 20 under the speed limit, causing me to hit my brakes, and once I've slowed, they accelerate to 20 over... No courtesy, or probably just no awareness.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
There’s so much in this thread that I encounter all the time. I hate the people that ride the left lane then when you go to pass in the right they speed up and fly off then with the cruise set at the same speed you catch them again 4 minutes later and they take off again.

The ones that really irritate me is when they’re slowly catching up over a couple miles then when they get to your bumper they don’t pass and stay right behind you. I usually bump it up a mph gradually so they don’t notice (because you know they’re watching you not their speedo) until I’m like 15mph over then immediately turn it down to the 5 over I was doing. Usually they think I’m the idiot that can’t maintain speed and fly around me not realizing they just played right into what I wanted them to do. If I do that multiple times and they don’t leave me alone I’ll just do a small pull to pass another car and then they latch onto them.

It’s always a mini van or a Prius, or any car with a Karen on her phone.
The worst, hate the left lane campers with a passion. In Cali its legal to stay on the left lane (not for passing only). BUT if I am cruising 80 in the left lane and there is a car coming faster behind me, I change lanes to let them pass. Simple as that. What I see often is a big bus, truck, or a Tesla/Prius driving 65 in the fast lane. Now I have to go around another car next to it, passing on the right, telling you that's what causes many accidents slow drivers have a big blame.
Sponsored