Tailgaters

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I experience this every now and then (I assume the car attracts dopes like that) but it has happened a lot the last 2 days. Yesterday afternoon on my way home with my daughter from school, a brand new M2 (ugly as sin BTW) decided he needed to be right on my a$$ for almost the entirety of our 10 minute ride home (and half that trip is on 4 lane roads so he could’ve gone around if he was in that big of a hurry). Encountered 2 more on my way to and from taking my daughter to school this morning, Altima and an Infiniti G37. I don’t drive at the exact speed limit so it’s not like I was impeding traffic or anything.
Anyway, especially with my kids in the car, I have zero patience for people like that so I finally lost it and decided to keep up foreign relations (if you’re old enough you’ll get the movie reference). I try to control that as much as possible because you never know what someone will do but I was especially irritated with these latest tailgaters for whatever reason.

So PSA, don’t be an a$$hat and tailgate people. That is all, have a lovely day!
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It’s ridiculous here. Either they drive like they’re in space or they are completely irresponsible maniacs.
I saw someone actually tailgating a cop from another city in a marked vehicle yesterday.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
It’s ridiculous here. Either they drive like they’re in space or they are completely irresponsible maniacs.
I saw someone actually tailgating a cop from another city in a marked vehicle yesterday.
Yep, I see that often. Some smart-ass (or dumb-ass, both work) who recognize that they're "out of jurisdiction." Still, that's just stupid. I met a cop recently who takes his vehicle home to another county. He said he avoids the highways when commuting to and from work just to avoid this type of situation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I hear you, although I seem to get tailgated by the most unassuming vehicles... 25 yr old sedans and minivans, which really irritates me, because I know that in an emergency, my braking power is considerably better. More and more I'm realizing that's it's just better to get out of the way or otherwise separate myself, rather than "acknowledging" in any way.
https://www.wbaltv.com/article/driver-shot-695-road-rage-anne-arundel-county-state-police/45703539
What was really annoying is I was in the right lane going home yesterday afternoon so the M2 could’ve easily moved into the left lane and passed. I stay in the right lane on that particular road as long as I can because a lot of folks treat that particular street like it’s Talladega or Daytona.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
What was really annoying is I was in the right lane going home yesterday afternoon so the M2 could’ve easily moved into the left lane and passed. I stay in the right lane on that particular road as long as I can because a lot of folks treat that particular street like it’s Talladega or Daytona.
Same. I'm a mostly right lane driver, but I'll move left to pass if someone's going too slow. I'll only use the far left lane on occasion and only for as long as needed, because someone always wants to go faster...

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Anyway, especially with my kids in the car, I have zero patience for people like that so I finally lost it and decided to keep up foreign relations (if you’re old enough you’ll get the movie reference).
On behalf of the uninformed millennials, I request an explanation on keeping up foreign relations. 😂 Based on a different comment about Goose, if I had to guess it would be a Top Gun reference?

bdg149

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I've noticed it's always the shitboxes that want to drive 100mph and weave in and out of cars on the interstate...

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Never engage, here it's the same shit, with the addition that during the night it has become completely impossible not to find people going around with all of their lights off! And I mean it, except the motorways I usually count at least one in every 10 kms.
In the city you have to drive hyper cautious because it's swelling with very worn out ladies cutting every bend with their beaten SUVs.

Driving skills are sinking. Be very careful out there. My protocol is to leave early when nobody around and come back early when the others are already somewhere else, but before they think about coming back. And avoiding hotspots like malls, cinemas...In other words, the strategy is based on avoidance.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I was driving my suv on a highway and up comes this white ecoboost Mustang with green stripes must have been doing over 90 cut me off to change lanes and then cuts someone else off. Problem is, they’ve gotten away with it.
At some point, it seems, that law enforcement has decided to literally give up on traffic enforcement which unfortunately leads to bigger and more broad issues.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
On behalf of the uninformed millennials, I request an explanation on keeping up foreign relations. 😂 Based on a different comment about Goose, if I had to guess it would be a Top Gun reference?
That’s correct! Beginning part of the movie is when they encounter the enemy and when the bird is flipped and here is the actual line shortly after in their first class at Top Gun

Here’s the foreign relations scene

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I was driving my suv on a highway and up comes this white ecoboost Mustang with green stripes must have been doing over 90 cut me off to change lanes and then cuts someone else off. Problem is, they’ve gotten away with it.
At some point, it seems, that law enforcement has decided to literally give up on traffic enforcement which unfortunately leads to bigger and more broad issues.
I don’t many state troopers on the tollways/interstates much anymore, they used to be everywhere pre-Covid. Locally, there is a lot more law enforcement sitting in very unsuspecting spots looking for speeders/idiot drivers, which I appreciate. There has been quite an uptick in street racing here, mostly in the middle of the night, and law enforcement is trying to make their presence known in some of these area to crack down on it. I hope it’s working but we’re getting into the colder months now so a lot of that nonsense dies down anyway.

Not really related but kind of, there was a story on the local news this morning that the city of Chicago is looking to place sound detecting cameras all over the city to catch cars with “loud exhaust” and send the offenders a $750 ticket in the mail (a noise ordinance would be passed to allow this). Talk about funneling money and resources to the wrong issues!

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If someone is driving in a way you don't like in your vicinity (either tailgating you or doing ANYTHING else which is bugging you)...

Just change lanes and slow down. If you're in the left lane, move to the right, if you're in the right lane, move to the left.. If you're on a two lane road, take a turn! Coast through an off ramp and back into an on ramp.

There are 100 ways to get distance between you and some idiot on the road. Acting defensively means you take proactive steps to remove yourself from a situation. Assume they're clueless (they usually are). The other driver is obviously OK with that is going on, so its your issue to change something, not theirs.

If you're pig headed and insist on doing exactly what you're doing because you think they're the problem, that's wrong. It takes 2. You both can stop the situation and you both need to continue to sustain it.

Be the solution.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Oh, so I shouldn't throw a handfull of chromoly steel 1/2" ball bearings out the window and behind me when this happens?
Sponsored