Sponsored

Gauges Too Dark/Screens Too Bright

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
My search came up empty, so it might just be my car (or more than likely, me). It's a 2020 GT350, so the older style round gauges with the LCD screen in the middle and 8 inch infotainment screen. Both screens are too bright compared to the gauges. When I dim the lights to make the screens just right (mostly at night), the gauges are way too dark.

I assume there's no fix to this. I've thought about using window tint over the screens to help even it out but I guess I'm just going to have to live with it. Any ideas?
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Set the LCD screen to night/dark mode?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the LCD has a night or dark setting. Like the display off, I set after selecting a drive mode.

Confirming the above.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
We need to clarify. The "older style" gauges look far better than any digital gauge, ever. End of story 😜

Also, I thought you could dim the radio LCD by itself. And I've personally never though the center stack LCD was too bright, so I am not much help on that, sorry

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
We need to clarify. The "older style" gauges look far better than any digital gauge, ever. End of story 😜

Also, I thought you could dim the radio LCD by itself. And I've personally never though the center stack LCD was too bright, so I am not much help on that, sorry
It's a 2020 & I drive a 2020, clarified > confirmed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
It does have a night setting, which does help. But it doesn't control brightness. Brightness is greyed out. And, there's no adjustment for the center LCD screen (other than dimming everything).

20230627_090041.jpg
20230627_090109.jpg

The only lighting adjustment in the center LED is the autolamp delay.

20230627_085948.jpg

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
How old are you, OP?

OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350

It's more that the gauge lights are too dim relative to the LCD screens.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It's more that the gauge lights are too dim relative to the LCD screens.
That seems odd, I honestly would take it to the dealer. My centerstack is not bright at all. Like to the point I have to take sunglasses off to read it sometimes, where as I have no issues with the gauges.

And before you say my eyes suck, I am still 20/15. LOL

OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
That seems odd, I honestly would take it to the dealer. My centerstack is not bright at all. Like to the point I have to take sunglasses off to read it sometimes, where as I have no issues with the gauges.

And before you say my eyes suck, I am still 20/15. LOL
Yeah, mine's the opposite. I feel like I'm going to get a sunburn on my face when they're up full bright at night.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Visual acuity and brightness sensitivity are 2 different things. Your gt should have "my color" yes? Maybe a different color would help.

And yes the 8in is way too bright. In the city it doesn't matter. When you're chasing curves every 10 seconds in pitch black wva 2 lane and you're trying to pick out guard rails with headlights, then it's annoying. I had to reach for the Off setting

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Visual acuity and brightness sensitivity are 2 different things. Your gt should have "my color" yes? Maybe a different color would help.

And yes the 8in is way too bright.
It's not an eyesight thing. My eyes are fine...I'm a pilot. :D It's that the LCDs are at a different level of brightness relative to the actual round gauges. It's a GT350 so only color is white.

Was thinking (hoping) there might be some adjustment (turn up the gauges or turn down the LCDs) in Forscan.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
That's an opinion, and you're welcome to it, but I disagree 100%, so it's not "end of story" ;)

I don't recall seeing a thread about people swapping their digital dash out for dials, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the other way round.

OP
OP
ARAMP1

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
That's an opinion, and you're welcome to it, but I disagree 100%, so it's not "end of story" ;)

I don't recall seeing a thread about people swapping their digital dash out for dials, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the other way round.
Well, there's probably not an issue with the brightness of the newer gauges.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Search is your friend. Many posts made about how to go back to analog gauges, or disdain for the digital cluster. Why do you think everyone is complaining about the ipads Ford glued to the dash on the S650? It looks awful and cheap. Not to mention, about the laziest design of all time.

OP, I'd bet forscan has something. It's really odd that your "brightness" is grayed out. There has to be a setting that is blocking that out. Found this on an F-150 forum, worth a shot:

1687879899945.png

Basically, put it in night mode, exit out of menu, then brightness should be available. There is also mention in that same thread that this bug should have been fixed in Sync 3.4, so make sure you have the latest Sync on your car.
Sponsored