Sponsored

New Track tires and wheels, will it fit?

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Hello and welcome to the darkside of tracking!
If I may some advice :)

Buying ec7 10" to "save money is not the best way to go for few reasons
You said you want to save money. And is partially true cause u won't need longer front studs and a spacer (250-300 $ total ish)
The difference between the 10 and 11 is not that big.
The issue is you will find your self in a position where you feel you are getting faster and you want more grip.
And you will need ..more tire. So more expenses

305mm.squared is a well known and test situation.
I leave it to you if you want 18 or 19.
My point is. MAYBE to think to save money now. You will end spend double or limit your ability to be faster instead of eventually wait slightly more and buy right away the RIGHT STUFF .

Tires : never buy cup2. Ever. Waste of money. And not that fast. The fastest street tire are the 3R goodyear. but awful when cold or rain. You wont need them. Yet.
If you are starting now there are few tires that gives you more grip than regular tires but last very long.
RS4( HANKOOK) nitto NT01(the only nitto u may consider) the new Nexen (actually they are really fast and great wearing) are very nice options for a budget friendly but still.competitive mustang

Suspension set up.
With all the respect. The dual rate is not the best option.
You want camber(camber plate is a must). You want better shocks (but they can wait) you want better Linear Springs. Bmr handling springs is what you looking for. (250$)
Eventually pair with FP shocks (590$)

I know. Lots of info and you are thinking "who the hell is this guy who wants to change my all setup"😅

I just try to share what wise people advice me when i was asking the same questions 4 years ago when I started.
And this is the car now 🙂
Hope this can help
Alessandro
Yes lots of info... btw peeked at a few of your vids, wow, fun! So you are dedicated track all the way. I'm working to have fun doing the track while keeping the GT nice enough to do road trips like down to Tail of the Dragon or out to the Blueridge parkway (even the PCH). The track bug definitely bit last summer, my first season. while one season doesn't make you a pro, I would say I'm not just starting. I can afford to change the Mustang incrementally, then sell off parts later. Not really penny pinching but keeping it reasonable (for now). But if it gets to where I really want a 100% track car then I'm in for another Mustang. Would have to be used, and build up as a project car. My main goal is to have fun, learn how to drive a Pony car fast with skill and drive it as Ford Engineering intended a 465hp Pony car to be driven, legally and safely. Plus Cars'n'Coffee now and then too. Who knows by next year I may be selling some of these add's and upgrading the whole suspension.
Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Yes lots of info... btw peeked at a few of your vids, wow, fun! So you are dedicated track all the way. I'm working to have fun doing the track while keeping the GT nice enough to do road trips like down to Tail of the Dragon or out to the Blueridge parkway (even the PCH). The track bug definitely bit last summer, my first season. while one season doesn't make you a pro, I would say I'm not just starting. I can afford to change the Mustang incrementally, then sell off parts later. Not really penny pinching but keeping it reasonable (for now). But if it gets to where I really want a 100% track car then I'm in for another Mustang. Would have to be used, and build up as a project car. My main goal is to have fun, learn how to drive a Pony car fast with skill and drive it as Ford Engineering intended a 465hp Pony car to be driven, legally and safely. Plus Cars'n'Coffee now and then too. Who knows by next year I may be selling some of these add's and upgrading the whole suspension.
Well the car became dedicated last year.
I've track the dual purpose mustang with great success since beginning.
And the "pre race car "phase had :
1. FP shocks and BMR springs
2. Bnr front medium sway bar
3. 350 rear bar
Pads. And bigger tires. I added a anderson composite 350r wing replica and a zl1 addons front lip for a touch more downforce ..but Thats it :).

And...it was fast. Really fast. And still super pleasant on the street.

Screenshot_20230321-083240.png

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
If you want a factory-built race car, I've thought about the Honda Civic Si FE1
Not the most power but everything else is basically straight off a TCR car for $55,000
one of my instructors last year has a Boss 302S (the S means Ford track built special) I got a ride along in that, wowee some fun!

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Well the car became dedicated last year.
I've track the dual purpose mustang with great success since beginning.
And the "pre race car "phase had :
1. FP shocks and BMR springs
2. Bnr front medium sway bar
3. 350 rear bar
Pads. And bigger tires. I added a anderson composite 350r wing replica and a zl1 addons front lip for a touch more downforce ..but Thats it :).

And...it was fast. Really fast. And still super pleasant on the street.

Screenshot_20230321-083240.png
It does look awesome!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
350R
I still have his hand-me-down setup

Thanks Ale! 😁
Lol. Got it. I have the same. And then I bought a convertible rear bar for the day (in the far future) I go coilovers 😁

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I just watched his vid last night. I'm going to hit him up and show him what I did.

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
fwiw I am adding camber plates too. Now I can make adjustments between track and street.

Sponsored

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
fwiw I am adding camber plates too. Now I can make adjustments between track and street.
You actually dont need it.
Remember when u adjust camber u also.change toe. Toe is what destroy the tires.
My advice.
-2.8.front -1.8 rear
0 toe front
0.15 toe.in rear.
And u great on track and safe o street usage.

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
You actually dont need it.
Remember when u adjust camber u also.change toe. Toe is what destroy the tires.
My advice.
-2.8.front -1.8 rear
0 toe front
0.15 toe.in rear.
And u great on track and safe o street usage.
They say there is wisdom in many counselors ... but sometimes it's too much. :crazy: I'm sure many know of the numerous threads about camber plates plus the discussion to widen or not, and on and on. Oiy!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
They say there is wisdom in many counselors ... but sometimes it's too much. :crazy: I'm sure many know of the numerous threads about camber plates plus the discussion to widen or not, and on and on. Oiy!
I think he meant you don’t need two different settings and could run a happy medium setting but I could be wrong.
Sponsored