Sponsored

New Track tires and wheels, will it fit?

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Either way if you want to go 11s and even down to 18s (to run more of a GT4 footprint and stiffer bigger sidewall) you can sell a set of EC7s no problem or maybe keep the 19x10s for a set of of rains.

I still say (based on my experience) you will be shocked at how good the Conti Extreme Contact Sports are for a 320TW tire.
Where do you track in NJ? If I remember way back, (used to live in Princeton Jct) Howell is near Freehold??
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I see you mentioned how some 200TW last longer than others?

Some tires are more designed for autox or time trials where they are the fastest but only good to give you a good hot lap or two before they fall off. A lot of organizations have 200TW minimum limit so you’ll see a lot of tires fall into that category.

Last year I swapped my Toyo RRs at the track. After doing that, I put more attention to fixing my tundra to tow because my back and body hated it lol. After an hour long drive with 4 tiresI didn’t feel like emptying the car and then swap everything on then at the end of the day before a long drive to do the same. Also after my last session I would wait another 30-45 min for everything to cool down so I could take the lug nuts off. More power to the people that do that every year lol. I also think my problem is that I’m a “bring spares because I don’t want to be that guy with the horror track story” type of guy lol. I brought spare rotors, hubs, studs, tool box, spare brake pads with me to the track. Now this year…”if it dies it dies” lol

Seems like you have great tire options. If you order from track day Tire you can save a few more dollars than on TR for the Conti and the Toyos

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
@gone_n_60 , imo, you will really like endurance 200tw tires like hankook rs-4 or conti ecf. These are very consistent throughout a session, still have tons of grip and last forever compared to hero lap tires.

My rs-4's lasted over 30 sessions (8 track days) plus around 12k street kilometers, and they still have 1-2 more track weekends in them. I'm actually more concerned about them being heat cycled out at this point. They are plenty fast and ok to drive on the street.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Just remember that the offsets are different for the front and rear wheels, so rotating won't work unless you remove the tires from the rims.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
“bring spares because I don’t want to be that guy with the horror track story” type of guy lol. I brought spare rotors, hubs, studs, tool box, spare brake pads with me to the track. Now this year…”if it dies it dies” lol
My track is close like 1 hour drive the other one is 3 hours drive. When I go to track a lot of people joke with me that I go to track like I'm going to the Mall. I only bring my helmet and my RaceBox with me to track and I drive on my track tires to the track and back. However when I go to Serres I bring tires with me so I can drive in more comfort and to be sure that I will not be driving on very used track tires going back which already happen a few times.

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
Where do you track in NJ? If I remember way back, (used to live in Princeton Jct) Howell is near Freehold??
I have a trailer. My "home" track is NJMP in Millville NJ which is about an hour and 20 minute drive and they have two really good tracks so I'm very lucky. I'll also travel too for weekends. This year I'm doing a 3 day event at VIR. Have not planned out my season past the end of July yet but I have 7 days between now and then on the calendar.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a trailer. My "home" track is NJMP in Millville NJ which is about an hour and 20 minute drive and they have two really good tracks so I'm very lucky. I'll also travel too for weekends. This year I'm doing a 3 day event at VIR. Have not planned out my season past the end of July yet but I have 7 days between now and then on the calendar.
How are the BC racing coilovers ?

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
How are the BC racing coilovers ?
I don't really have anything to compare them to but at my level of driving they are excellent. The guys on TrackMustangs call them "crap" and "ricer" but then you talk to the guys at Steeda and they love them with the Swift Spring upgrade.

I'm not even remotely good enough of a driver to know the difference between different coilovers let alone notice the difference between mine and a set of $6K Cortex Racing dual adjustable. All I know is that an S550 on a good set of coilovers is a completely different animal and every instructor that steps foot in my car absolutely loves it.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't really have anything to compare them to but at my level of driving they are excellent. The guys on TrackMustangs call them "crap" and "ricer" but then you talk to the guys at Steeda and they love them with the Swift Spring upgrade.

I'm not even remotely good enough of a driver to know the difference between different coilovers let alone notice the difference between mine and a set of $6K Cortex Racing dual adjustable. All I know is that an S550 on a good set of coilovers is a completely different animal and every instructor that steps foot in my car absolutely loves it.
What spring rates you are running. I'm just asking because the BC are way cheaper than Ohlins and I might try them ones my Ohlins are for rebuild.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
. This year I'm doing a 3 day event at VIR. Have not planned out my season past the end of July yet but I have 7 days between now and then on the calendar.
which event is that? Any plans on Summit point? I plan to take a visit to NJMP. Was there in November with NASA on Lightning and had a great time. Hoping to do Thunderbolt soon

ArrestmeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Man you guys are lucky. Just over an hour to the track? It's 3 1/2 hours for me. Thunderbolt is definitely my favorite of the two at NJMP.

OP if you own a Titan You should try renting a Uhaul trailer. They're cheap and you can pack everything you need in the truck vs. having to clean out your car when you get there. You just need to put wood under the front tires or the front lip will hit the tire stops.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
OP, just my two cents, Milwaukee has impacts, compressors, grinders, weed eaters, blowers, radios, drills etc....that all run off the same M18 battery. If I were you, I would go that route. My M18 compressor (weighs maybe 8 lbs?) has no issues pumping up all 4 tires on my truck to 80 psi, camper trailer tires to 80 psi, and also will do my car, with battery left to spare.

I don't know if other major brands have the same battery powered platforms, but the M18 of Milwaukee is legit. Get yourself two XC 6.0 batteries, and you will be more then covered for ample battery power for two days.

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
There are some yt showing a BC being rebuilt using Bilstein pistons and shim stack for vast improvement.
Sponsored