Sponsored

New car paranoia?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
What makes you think it serves no purpose? Think the spring is there because someone's uncle sells them?
I think you have me confused with someone else. I was just asking what the deal was, not expressing an opinion.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
What makes you think it serves no purpose? Think the spring is there because someone's uncle sells them?
It is primarily for pedal assist. Some claim that it allows the clutch pedal to return to the full "up" position (which hasn't been an issue whatsoever with mine removed); if the pedal would/could sag, the clutch pedal switch might not work properly. There's a certain amount of fear mongering regarding the spring removal causing premature master cylinder issues, but I don't recall ever seeing any proof of this here on the board.

Back to the normally scheduled program....

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Me not even taking delivery yet but wanting to add input like I know firsthand what its like. My coworker drives a 2018 scat pack and he says "Youre gonna have that" to rock chips and scratches but he waxes his car every weekend. I want to have that attitude, take care of my car but dont obsess over tiny imperfections.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Me not even taking delivery yet but wanting to add input like I know firsthand what its like. My coworker drives a 2018 scat pack and he says "Youre gonna have that" to rock chips and scratches but he waxes his car every weekend. I want to have that attitude, take care of my car but dont obsess over tiny imperfections.
That's quite aspirational and yet difficult to achieve.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
It is primarily for pedal assist. Some claim that it allows the clutch pedal to return to the full "up" position (which hasn't been an issue whatsoever with mine removed); if the pedal would/could sag, the clutch pedal switch might not work properly. There's a certain amount of fear mongering regarding the spring removal causing premature master cylinder issues, but I don't recall ever seeing any proof of this here on the board.

Back to the normally scheduled program....

I repeat cause I replied to the wrong post..there is a reason for the spring.

You find leftover fasteners on the floor after you work on your car. Drive off into the wind, thinking those were just in there. Drives great and has no effect on my car, is lame logic at best.

Advising others to remove parts from an assembly, again not wise.

Karren, maybe a wise person who keeps all the parts together that make up the assembled unit, has a better mindset.

I could be wrong, but a doubt it.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I repeat cause I replied to the wrong post..there is a reason for the spring.

You find leftover fasteners on the floor after you work on your car. Drive off into the wind, thinking those were just in there. Drives great and has no effect on my car, is lame logic at best.

Advising others to remove parts from an assembly, again not wise.

Karren, maybe a wise person who keeps all the parts together that make up the assembled unit, has a better mindset.

I could be wrong, but a doubt it.
Itā€™s just for pedal feel, you can remove that spring if you like. It isnā€™t a critical component.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Me personally, I've grown in a country where there were only 5 kinds of shoes sold in 3 different colours. So your parents taught you that you have to be careful with stuff so you can enjoy it longer. Back then everything was repairable and a fridge would last for 20+ years.

Now our society is very much driven by the easy access to whatever, and that everything is replaceable. New phones are announced every 6 to 9 months, they're not repairable easily or cheaply, and one would get a new phone fast enough.

I can explain to certain degree my obsession or overprotectiveness with things just because the way I was raised for like 20 years of my life. I tend to create a bind with things and I love when they serve me well for long time. And I really use my stuff till the thing falls apart, sometimes literally.

I was thinking in investing into PPF for my mach 1 in the first weeks of ownership, but then I took it out if town and I ended up in hail storm in the highway and there was a traffic jam due to some repairs. So I stood in the stang in the middle of the hail storm, nowhere to move and the bloody hail was banging all over it, while I was praying it wont get dented.

It didn't and the car is in perfect condition, but no ppf would have saved it, so I dithced the idea. I came to realize that being cautious is good enough, being too warry doesn't help at all ...
I am enjoying my ride daily and just hope it won't get totalled by some idiot ehile its parked, otherwise it will be fine.

Sponsored

Deleted member 69033

I don't have new car paranoia, but I've definitely had repaired car paranoia. Ever had that? I crashed a car racing a buddy back in the day, and it just never felt right again. I swore if I looked at it the rear end was wrong, etc etc. But I sold the car and a local lady bought it and never had any issues, loved the car.

But I just couldn't shake the feeling the car wasn't right any more when I owned it... Pre wreck I loved it. Post wreck, it had to go.

Tib

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
My new car paranoia typically is short lived. I do what I can to preserve, maintain and protect the vehicle, but don't over obsess. In the end, it is replaceable or repairable. Don't get me wrong, i'm not parking next to the cart return stall at wal mart, or purposely driving in a severe storm/snow but if it doesn't get washed for 2 weeks, so be it. I do garage keep the Mustang which is the first vehicle that i've been able too so i've gotten rid of a few toys so that has helped also.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
This argument doesn't hold water when your dream car IS A Nissan Altima.

SHOULD hav used a Yugo or Le Car as the poster child for painful car ownership. Those Altima's are pretty šŸ”„

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I know the feeling. It kind of forces you to just accept defects knowing that there are likely to be more coming.
dude mine came with a scratch on the weatherstripping from the factory and a little tooling dent in the steering wheel trim. i would've had the dealer fix it but frankly i just don't trust them at all.

ten years ago that would've driven me nuts but after the hell i went through to get this ting here i'm just happy the suspension is straight and the body panels are within acceptable margins.

can't see any of that when i'm revving to the moon with a big smile on my face.

67go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
tacoma, mazdacx5, 22 Mustang GT Rapid Red
Thanks for a super thread people! I suffer from the protection racket of keeping the car pristine as they say. It is not a trophy on the shelf. I have to make a real effort - get in the car and drive the thing that is unbelievably awesome. This thread should be required reading for owning a Mustang. :clap:
Sponsored