FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
test drove an ecoboost and gt back to back.
was unable to order an ecoboost for 6 months dealer says .. so got a year old gt off the lot. the eco tester I drove was already sold.
The ecoboost is a bit more fun in that you can stomp the pedal. Gt you have to pick the conditions and how much.
Ecoboost feels really perky, and Id be happy with the feel driving it. And save $10k.
Of course the GT is awesome too ... however really has more power than I need.

tough choice when both are available to you,

Peformance pack on either is great package to have.
here's the kicker, the ecoboost has 87 octane in it. 93 octane picks up a considerable bit of HP, but so does GT probably.

however. toss a simple tune on the ecoboost, and it gains considerable hp which makes it ring out pretty fun for a daily, however I am against tuning now with gas @ 5 a dollar. granted my ford performance tune, still managed 30-36mpg on highway.

here's the new Cobb post

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...r-2022-mustang-ecoboost-now-available.175936/

for ANY ecoboost owner id recommend an intercooler though. they legit assist the car in keeping temps down its a couple hundred $.

here's Cobbs new numbers.
Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 12.13.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 12.13.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 12.13.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 12.13.24 PM.png

merged post.

you'll love your new gt. only thing that is going to suck over time is gas, but whatever. live once.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
here's the kicker, the ecoboost has 87 octane in it. 93 octane picks up a considerable bit of HP, but so does GT probably.

however. toss a simple tune on the ecoboost, and it gains considerable hp which makes it ring out pretty fun for a daily, however I am against tuning now with gas @ 5 a dollar. granted my ford performance tune, still managed 30-36mpg on highway.

here's the new Cobb post

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...r-2022-mustang-ecoboost-now-available.175936/

for ANY ecoboost owner id recommend an intercooler though. they legit assist the car in keeping temps down its a couple hundred $.

here's Cobbs new numbers.
Yea I think I would prefer my stock 450HP and 5 year/60k mile powertrain warranty šŸ˜‚

5speed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18GT
All I can say is I have experience with the twin turbo Ford V6s 2.7 and 3.5 and my daughter has an ecoboost 4 in an Edge. They all get shitty mileage and the 4 is a joke. My GT gets better highway MPG than hers and she had a new engine 4k on it now. The org had microcrack known issue and was loosing coolant at 40k. I would never swap any of those for a V8. 460HP 26mpg on the highway.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
All I can say is I have experience with the twin turbo Ford V6s 2.7 and 3.5 and my daughter has an ecoboost 4 in an Edge. They all get shitty mileage and the 4 is a joke. My GT gets better highway MPG than hers and she had a new engine 4k on it now. The org had microcrack known issue and was loosing coolant at 40k. I would never swap any of those for a V8. 460HP 26mpg on the highway.
I got 34-36mpg highway. Manual. 3.31 gearing w ford perf tune

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
As a former Beemer owner I can tell you that's not what they are thinking. Just trying to decide if GT is manual or automatic. If it's manual, you're toast. A10 is much harder to beat.
Thx for crushing my redneck fantasy. :) Iā€™m really talking about the younger folks in the lower end cars for both makes say 325 or 335 in bimmer brand and whatever Audis is when they pass by going the other way. So I donā€™t see how that translates to whether they should try to race me or not.
Of course I never do that anyways. Up here those are status symbols for younger folks to let the world know they have arrived even though no one gives a shit. :crackup:

As for OP I donā€™t get asking for advice on which car a person should buy. Buy whatever makes you happy and enjoy the Hell out of it thatā€™s what I did and I suspect most people in both camps did here too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Dude you act like most of these BMW and Benz drivers are in M cars/AMG models or something. They are not thinking that.
I know. Just having some fun "fishing". Thanks for taking the bait!

Anyway, I always try to buy the best car I can afford. If I don't, I usually regret it.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
As for OP I donā€™t get asking for advice on which car a person should buy. Buy whatever makes you happy and enjoy the Hell out of it thatā€™s what I did and I suspect most people in both camps did here too.
that isn't the question. this thread wouldn't exist if i could get a 6spd hpp to drive.

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
hey everybody, don't tell this guy how the overwhelming majority of mustangs in existence are not V8 cars or it'll prolly ruin his day.
I was aware of that (probably before you were born) and I've had non-V8 mustangs, Camaros and Firebirds... But when I did, I was pining-away for a V8, and no amount of mods could make them a legit comparator. They could be made to look the same, maybe go as fast or handle better, but that's not the point. It's the sound, and American performance cars have always been about V8s. You already have a Cobra, so you know what I'm talking about. If I wanted an (American) performance 4 cylinder, it'd be a Focus RS, Neon SRT4, Crossfire SRT6 (yes I know it's a MB) or maybe even a Saturn Sky Redline.

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Theyā€™re probably wondering why you put such a quiet exhaust system on it šŸ˜†

In all seriousness of this thread, every person that chooses a vehicle does so for their own reasons. In my opinion, the Mustang was built as an American muscle car V8, an icon. I never owned a V8 sports car, and with all the EV bullshit coming, decided this worked for me -it was within budget.
Most people looking at a new car, have a budget. And budgets suck, they require a nice little Pros and Cons list.
If you can squeak out a few more $$$K - the 5.0 is wonderful and rewarding.

Iā€™m researching new daily drivers right now, and have tossed around the M3, M4, M5, RS3, RS7, S6, IS500, and even the smaller M240I and Supra.
All are almost entirely different cars, but here pretty soon my daughter will be old enough to drive, and I wonā€™t need a rear seat - so options become almost endless. Iā€™ll create my Pros/Cons list after test driving them all, and make a determination. My main concern is comfort mixed with fun/rewarding daily driving, thatā€™s safe, and keeps me out of trouble. A RWD 5.0 Mustang is definitely not a DD for me (worst traction control system Iā€™ve ever seen) Iā€™ll keep my GT for track only purposes.
Budget does have some to do with my choice, thankfully itā€™s not what Iā€™ll base my choice off of, but it will be considered. Cost of ownership is on the Pro/Con list.
I really want an M5 for performance, and option of larger seating - but the price, mixed with the larger car feel/weight - points me more towards an M3/M4. But then Iā€™ve read the new M240i is a track monster thatā€™s incredibly nimble and fun, even for a DD. My favorite car test driving on the road, and the track, was the Supra. Since I already have the V8 I wanted, now thatā€™s an option. I dunno - weā€™ll see. Lotā€™s of test drives in the near future.
I think you'll love the M240i. I had it's predecessor, a 135I Cabrio. It was among my most favorite cars, fast out of the box and with a JB4 tune, quicker than a like-year (2008) M3 (V8). The car rode and handled beautifully and had a reasonable back-seat. Two things keep me in my GT over another BMW... The looks and the sound.

Attachments

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
In my situation the the big point was to think years down the line and when V8s wonā€™t be available to buy anymore, do you think you would regret not getting the GT or youā€™d be alright with the weight/price savings.

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
A turbo 2.3l in a 1979 Fox Mustang is fun.
Heavy S550 chassis pretty much requires V8.
Miata is way more fun 4 cyl vs Mustang on track simple due to the weight of the S550 chassis.
Miata 2350lbs 180hp.
Mustang ECO 3500lbs 310hp.
GR Corolla 3250 300hp AWD. (425hp builds below +15k)
GR Yaris 2850 300hp. (google NĆ¼rburgring Yaris M2)
GR86 2850 228hp.
GR86 (rumored turbo) 2920 331hp.
CTR 3100 306hp.
718 3250 414hp.

Horsepower cannot make up for excess weight when it comes to corner speed.
Context: w2w race a 93 miata, 79 mustang, B5 A4s, and track 18 mustang, prior Whippled 15 mustang, X5M dd

The new GR corolla, GR Yaris, track optioned GR 86, GR cup are significant moves into supporting grassroots motorsports. Wish we had some Ford options...

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Horsepower cannot make up for excess weight when it comes to corner speed.
Context: w2w race a 93 miata, 79 mustang, B5 A4s, and track 18 mustang, prior Whippled 15 mustang, X5M dd

The new GR corolla, GR Yaris, track optioned GR 86, GR cup are significant moves into supporting grassroots motorsports. Wish we had some Ford options...
that's why the GR86 is on my list to check out but the problem there is FINDING ONE.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i found this

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
she nailed it in the end, 3 stars, just because people are going to comment "ew why did you get a 4 cylinder instead of v8" if this is something that bothers you, then get v8. me I couldn't give a shitttt what others think.

mine looked nice, drove nice, fully loaded premium had oomph good mpg and a banging sound system. I did have a friend who was the opposite, he got the a base gt, with no options and tossed the loudest exhaust he could and go fast mods, and he was in heaven.

diff folks diff strokes. he and I got to places at the same time, his music was exhaust, mine was actual music. everyone is happy!

but he did pay more in insurance, but he was also younger than me.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
she nailed it in the end, 3 stars, just because people are going to comment "ew why did you get a 4 cylinder instead of v8" if this is something that bothers you, then get v8. me I couldn't give a shitttt what others think.

mine looked nice, drove nice, fully loaded premium had oomph good mpg and a banging sound system. I did have a friend who was the opposite, he got the a base gt, with no options and tossed the loudest exhaust he could and go fast mods, and he was in heaven.

diff folks diff strokes. he and I got to places at the same time, his music was exhaust, mine was actual music. everyone is happy!

but he did pay more in insurance, but he was also younger than me.
yeah that isn't a factor. I'm genuinely torn between more hp than i'll ever want and glorious sound or save 10K still go fast and it doesn't sound as good. at this rate i'll end up getting the GT because I know i wouldn't kick myself going down that road... but turbos are cool. blargyarg
Sponsored