Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
It is really about time we got a proper manual trans with the coyote…….the mt82 is probably the only trans that got worse with age….as in the 18+ gear revision. I seriously haven’t driven a trans with worse gearing since the srod.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The boss was manual only, the junky mt82 and that sold great….auto is for school teachers. The 350 was manual only as well….an enthusiast should always choose manual except if you are drag set up only, or not available. You A10 guys are just getting soft.
You seem to be very closed minded. I hope you can get over that… lol

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
This could get messy fast. My view is, over 700 hp get an auto, under 700 hp get a manual. That’s just my opinion I don’t hate on autos they will beat me easily. I just find autos with a lot of gears quite boring.

I think the Nissan z looks good btw

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
I have been the starter for the local Track Sprint, autocross on a preped track, and the Supra has the best launch control I have seen in awhile.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
You A10 guys are just getting soft.
Resist..... resist..... resiiii.... "That's not what she said".

Listen, having driven muscle cars that were 4 speeds (does anyone remember Muncie?) it's nice to get in and go. Especially if you live near the HWY401 on a long weekend.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
And honestly how many people are actually using the backseats in the mustang anyway?
I used it for my niece and nephew. They fit neatly in the seats
and are too short to see out the little windows, so I doubt they enjoyed the ride.
But if my Mustang didn't have a back seat at all, my sister and I would have been taking her Prius to Dairy Queen that day.

My girlfriend's daughter fits in the back seat. Maybe she can see out those side windows.
She was comfortable enough for a 5 minute ride.
We decided for sure the 3 of us can't take the Mustang for a 5-hour trip to the mountains. 🙁

Kinda reminds me of that time in the '60s when you could opt for a Mustang with a bigger back seat
by buying a Cougar. 😇

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
You seem to be very closed minded. I hope you can get over that… lol
That's ok, every is entitled to their own opinion. Only problem for this Gent is that once everything gets shoved into all electric we most likely won't get to do any more gear slamming on anything sporty or otherwise.

I opted for A10 because I live near a hilly city and there is always tons of construction around here. I don't want to be riding the clutch constantly or going up and down tons of hills with the 6spd.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...by all means I am very happy Nissan dared to make this car in today's world.

However, I harken back in the days where my car wasn't a Wi-Fi hotspot and didn't need lane assist, pre-collision assist or all the other bloated tech that has increased MSRPs drastically.
Could be worse... I paid $39,000 for my 2020 GT-PP.
I can rationalize the price of my GT. The price of a Mach 1, not so much. Perhaps I'm destined to admire them from afar.

I could wish for MagneRide, but then I'd also have paid for my instruments to be a screen instead of real gauges. I know from a rental car that the screen and the lane-keeping assist (and the A10) annoyed the **** out of me.

What I wish for from back in the day is a throttle cable and for my steering assist to be hydraulic.
...Though I hear Mustangs didn't have much steering feel with hydraulic steering, either.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...once everything gets shoved into all electric we most likely won't get to do any more gear slamming on anything sporty or otherwise.
I can actually see a use for a 3-speed transmission with an electric car, and if it's manual the manufacturer saves a lot of money on software development.

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I can actually see a use for a 3-speed transmission with an electric car, and if it's manual the manufacturer saves a lot of money on software development.
I know the electric mustang they showcased with absurd amounts of hp/torque had a manual in it but if I remember right it would also drive without the use of it as well. I'd have to dig up the article again and re-read through it. I didn't rule them out, just don't see a high possibility of them running manuals in the electrics. I feel like there would be a much higher chance of causing damage or destroying something because you have no real noise to go off of on shift points if you aren't staring at the screen or having bright flashing lights somewhere in the car to warn the driver with the amount of torque and power they're capable of.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know the electric mustang they showcased with absurd amounts of hp/torque had a manual in it but if I remember right it would also drive without the use of it as well.
I think it had a 6-speed, and I thought the gear ratios made it pointless.

To me, one of the good things about a manual in an electric car is I can loan my car to someone and it doesn't matter if they can shift gears. It will go from a standstill in 3rd.

I feel like there would be a much higher chance of causing damage or destroying something because you have no real noise to go off of on shift points...
Electric motors rev WAYYY faster than the rpm where they actually make power. Electric cars are geared for city driving and the all-important 0-60 test, but a Tesla with those gears can also go 150mph. Peak power comes and goes by about 50mph. What the Tesla fanboys don't seem to understand is they're losing efficiency by spinning their motors 8000rpm to go highway speed, and they've lost half their power by the time they're going 16,000rpm and 150mph.
They could go faster (or have a longer highway range) if there was such at thing as "2nd gear".

So how are you going to damage anything? Downshifting to 1st at 155?

Last edited:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Could be worse... I paid $39,000 for my 2020 GT-PP.
I can rationalize the price of my GT. The price of a Mach 1, not so much. Perhaps I'm destined to admire them from afar.

I could wish for MagneRide, but then I'd also have paid for my instruments to be a screen instead of real gauges. I know from a rental car that the screen and the lane-keeping assist (and the A10) annoyed the **** out of me.

What I wish for from back in the day is a throttle cable and for my steering assist to be hydraulic.
...Though I hear Mustangs didn't have much steering feel with hydraulic steering, either.
Currently The price difference between a Mach 1 Premium and a Premium GT PP w/magnaride, & active exhaust is only $3480 , FYI
I'd say well worth it for the Track Experience, Shelby suspension and cooling parts, Mach 1 name and styling....etc
Personally I paid $56,500 for my Mach 1 Premium with A10, Wheels, red brembos so I'm pretty happy with my timing.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
New Z looks great, Supra looks like ass. yes, looks are subjective.

What IS cool though, is both of those 6 cylinders are going 117 mph through the traps.

Crazy if you ask me and with some very minor upgrades will hand most N/A coyote mustangs their ass.

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
To me, the Z and Supra are different cars from the Mustang. I opted for the Mustang GT for 2 primary reasons: 1) nostalgic V8 and sound (yes, I am as old as dirt), and 2) space, both cabin interior and overall capacity. I won't have anyone in the backseat but it will hold any number of things a Z or Supra won't accommodate.

If it wasn't for those key things, then it would be a Z hands down for me.
Sponsored