Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Yikes, 13.0 @ 108 mph in the 1/4 mile. $61k to barely outrun a V6 6th gen Camaro or 2002 Camaro SS. Good grief, I hope something was wrong with the Mach 1 because that time and trap speed doesn't cut it for 2022.
Really not that surprising. They tested it in the middle of summer with heat and humidity on the street. The Cup IIs are not ideal for the 1/4 and its a manual. I'd love to see the timeslip and see how bad the 60' was. My last trip out the VMP I watched several stock manual HCs and ZL1s struggle to get out of the 12s, a few weren't even close.
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Am I the only one who is puzzled by the extreme knock on the mustang interior? I just don't get it...digital screen/digital dash, tailorable color accents, CarPlay, heated/cooled seats avail (although they had the recaros - and promote them instead). Decent leather seating. Not a 10, but not a 3 either. My wife's Kia Telluride has Napa leather, alcantara roof and all kinds of other bells and whistles, assortment of cameras, heads up, etc. Is it nicer...yes. Does it make the Mustang seem like something from the 80s? No. Guess I just don't get why people put the Mustang so low in this category.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Really not that surprising. They tested it in the middle of summer with heat and humidity on the street. The Cup IIs are not ideal for the 1/4 and its a manual. I'd love to see the timeslip and see how bad the 60' was. My last trip out the VMP I watched several stock manual HCs and ZL1s struggle to get out of the 12s, a few weren't even close.
108 mph…It is surprising—that’s 7 mph slower than all the other Gen 3 Coyote tested M6 GTs except for one PP2 test that went 114 mph. The Z was tested under the same conditions and it was a manual as well. It trapped 111 mph and did 0-130 mph 2.3 sec faster than the Mach 1. I would expect the warm/hot air to hurt the forced induction car more than the NA car. Also, the 2019 PP2 GT, on cup 2s, went 12.6@114 mph despite weighing more and also tested during the summer by C&D.

C&D tests all its cars on asphalt surface, as well as weather corrected. I realize the weather correction doesn’t fully account for timing being pulled due to hotter intake air compared to cars tested in cooler air, but it is what it is. The trap speed is very indicative of a cars power, and that Mach 1 was very slow for a modern V8 Mustang. Perhaps something was off with it but not obvious in day to day driving.

FWIW, The SS 1LE (in the same test against the PP2) went 12.3 @ 116 mph.

Last edited:

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Am I the only one who is puzzled by the extreme knock on the mustang interior?...Guess I just don't get why people put the Mustang so low in this category.
To make the final compro numbers closer.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
108 mph…It is surprising—that’s 7 mph slower than all the other Gen 3 Coyote tested M6 GTs except for one PP2 test that went 114 mph. The Z was tested under the same conditions and it was a manual as well. It trapped 111 mph and did 0-130 mph 2.3 sec faster than the Mach 1. I would expect the warm/hot air to hurt the forced induction car more than the NA car. Also, the 2019 PP2 GT, on cup 2s, went 12.6@114 mph despite weighing more and also tested during the summer by C&D.

C&D tests all its cars on asphalt surface, as well as weather corrected. I realize the weather correction doesn’t fully account for timing being pulled due to hotter intake air compared to cars tested in cooler air, but it is what it is. The trap speed is very indicative of a cars power, and that Mach 1 was very slow for a modern V8 Mustang. Perhaps something was off with it but not obvious in day to day driving.

FWIW, The SS 1LE (in the same test against the PP2) went 12.3 @ 116 mph.
Yes and other reviews have gotten the Mach down to 12.2 in the quarter and faster lap times than the 1LE. So what is your point :)

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
108 mph…It is surprising—that’s 7 mph slower than all the other Gen 3 Coyote tested M6 GTs except for one PP2 test that went 114 mph.
Just for the record, C&D got the following trap speeds for S550 M6 GTs:
2015 (first test): 113
2016: 112 & 113 (beginning, end of long term test)
2016 (vs SS): 112

2018 (first test): 115
2018 (PP2): 114
2019 (vs GT350): 114
2019 (vs SS): 114

And for the cars with the GT350 intake, throttle and IM:
Bullitt: 115 (twice)
M1: 115
This M1: 108

This particular M1 is out of family. Slower trap speed than ALL M6 coyotes they've ever tested.

OP
OP
RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Am I the only one who is puzzled by the extreme knock on the mustang interior? I just don't get it...digital screen/digital dash, tailorable color accents, CarPlay, heated/cooled seats avail (although they had the recaros - and promote them instead). Decent leather seating. Not a 10, but not a 3 either. My wife's Kia Telluride has Napa leather, alcantara roof and all kinds of other bells and whistles, assortment of cameras, heads up, etc. Is it nicer...yes. Does it make the Mustang seem like something from the 80s? No. Guess I just don't get why people put the Mustang so low in this category.
I totally agree man, I never understood the Mustang (or for that matter, American muscle) interior hate. Sure, they're not Bentleys, but their interiors are not something you can reasonably complain about for the price, performance, and car class. I came from a Lexus right before my 'Stang, and own a modern Porsche as well, and have driven/ridden extensively in all manner of other luxury cars, and yeah, the Mustang is just a little behind, but... it's also not a luxury car. So why are we comparing it to luxury cars?

In terms of overall interior comfort and amenities, it's not far behind at all. It's pretty great for what it is, in fact. Yes, it's slightly more "plastic-y", and maybe on the simple side in terms of interior design/aesthetics than German luxo-competitors. But if you compare it to other non-luxury cars (especially sports cars), I don't think it needs any apologies.

... Then again, if you're doing a comparo test with a group of cars that includes two BMWs, I guess you have to talk about all the tradeoffs.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Having been inside new luxury cars, you feel a difference with the plastics and leathers used. They're not bad, but once you touch something that is nice, you notice a difference. I'd compare it with buying a pair of leather shoes at Macy's vs buying a nice pair from a company that specializes in them. The Macys shoes will be nice, but you will definitely feel a difference in quality (and price!) when you step up to something that's premium. The Mustang isn't bad, but it could do better imo.

The ergonomics in the Mustang are really good though and kinda hard to beat for the money, which matters more than Ford using cheap plastics to me.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I never really looked into a BMW before, but that M240i looks almost perfect to me as far as AWD, quick with turbo that is easier to gain power than NA, decent mileage and to top it off slightly less expensive than the way I optioned my 1320 (57k). The only thing I don't like is no cooled seats, wtf? and the front end looks a little weird to me. I'm in the process of trying to find a cheap winter beater truck for the winter, but one of those my be passable year round.
Psst - you accidentally used perfect and AWD in the same sentence. I'm sure it was an honest mistake.

I'll do Talladega Nights any day of the week, but that whole series just a bit too serious.
I was going to say that 1 is terrible, but some of the later ones are really good. Now I feel like maybe you were just joking about not having seen them?

I've never seen Talledega Nights. Yuck. I hate that dude. His humor is terrible.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Honestly, I've maybe caught a scene here or there over the years, but that's about it. It just never really been interested in the premise enough to watch the movies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Honestly, I've maybe caught a scene here or there over the years, but that's about it. It just never really been interested in the premise enough to watch the movies.
What premise is that? That cars are cool?