Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Who cares even if it does? Are we supposed to feel bad that faster cars exist? Lmao. They're all good cars at the end of the day, but only one makes v8 noises.
Because when I state an objective observation and only get laughed at, I demand revenge.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
So I've noticed something odd about the new Z.
The Supra seems to (dyno day/ depending) be about 365-370whp and 405-415wtq with a few outliers reporting almost spot on crank HP ratings at the wheels.

The RedSport Q50/60 with its old 7spd auto usually put down in the ranges of 365-375WHP and 390-400wTQ. So, the Z with a new 9spd and a 6spd you'd expect those same numbers if not MORE to the wheels as the VR30 is shared with the Z now.

Instead for the new 9spd auto I'm finding people making just 345whp/362wTQ and the 6spd making just 356/383. Both WELL below what I'd expect them to. I have found ONE random dyno of a 6spd making 379whp/375wtq. which while more in line with what I expected, though low on TQ, still a bit low vs an old as dirt 7spd auto.

This is making me wonder if the Z VR30 is running the same boost as the RedSport VR30. The RedSports putout closer to 430crank, and it seems the Z may have been detuned to actually be closer to the 400 crank mark. This is making me wonder if Nissan detuned it to leave more overhead for NISMO to work with? It does start about 3.6k less than the Supra, so perhaps the goal is that the NISMO is really intended to be compared to the GR and not the base/sport trims? It would partly explain the tire decision they made for the Z.

A spec'd Z is like 5k Less than a spec'd out Supra, almost 6k if youre looking at manuals, so im wondering if their goal was make it the cheaper option to get into, and have the actual track version still manage to come in less than the loaded Supra.
Sponsored

Last edited: