Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I can't wait to see and laugh at the markup at US Nissan dealers on the already overpriced Z. I bet people will be paying $65K out-the-door.

Pity... I was really, really looking forward to this car.
I l
And honestly how many people are actually using the backseats in the mustang anyway. With where I have my seats set up front unless you are a 2 year old or have no legs you aren’t sitting back there. I think the Z will do great. I like the look of the Supra, but its too expensive for what it is. I would buy a Z, looked forward to seeing it updated, but honestly for me nothing beats the sound of the coyote.
You don't have to sit someone in the back seat to be able to use the room.
I put down the seats and slide my full suspension mountain bike in without a problem every weekend and take a nice cruise to the trails.
I take trips and pack in my luggage and coolers with the seats folded down.
I also will pickup a buddy and throw a couple golf bags in the trunk without having to fold the seats down.
You can't do any of that with the Supra or Nissan.
Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
I l

You don't have to sit someone in the back seat to be able to use the room.
I put down the seats and slide my full suspension mountain bike in without a problem every weekend and take a nice cruise to the trails.
I take trips and pack in my luggage and coolers with the seats folded down.
I also will pickup a buddy and throw a couple golf bags in the trunk without having to fold the seats down.
You can't do any of that with the Supra or Nissan.
Oh yea, I agree, I guess what I meant was using the seats for people. I store stuff back there all the time. Mine is a third car, my toy to play around with. If I need to carry anything big or people I just use my truck.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
You ain't wrong. Your point makes good sense when you compare the Z with what we have in the current market and by all means I am very happy Nissan dared to make this car in today's world.

However, I harken back in the days where my car wasn't a Wi-Fi hotspot and didn't need lane assist, pre-collision assist or all the other bloated tech that has increased MSRPs drastically. If it weren't for such easy and cheap financing that we all enjoyed for so many years, these prices would place these cars far from the reach of the middle class that they supposedly have as their target audience.

I guess I am a grouchy dinosaur but I still miss the simplicity and affordability of my 1998 Cobra and 1999 FRC C5 (both of which I was able to afford to pay with cash).
I am to, I just realize we'll never go back to that.

But I remember going from a 2003 Mach1 to a 2014 Altima S. The extra options, smooth ride, great MPG and nice seats literally felt like I had moved into a luxury car in comparison, just a slower one than my Mach1 had been. I'm personally waiting to see what the new Integra Type-S holds. I'm hoping for a entry level luxury liftback based on the Civic Type-R.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
As a single guy with no girlfriend/wife — I use those seats way more often than you would expect.

It's really handy to be able to fit 3-4 people in the car in a pinch, or even just have the extra trunk space you wouldn't get otherwise.

That's why I heavily leaned towards Mustang over a Supra or any 2-seater.
As a single guys with no wife or kids my passengers seat just holds my work bag, and my rear seat is just dead space. LOL

Jeff58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost HPP
And honestly how many people are actually using the backseats in the mustang anyway. With where I have my seats set up front unless you are a 2 year old or have no legs you aren’t sitting back there. I think the Z will do great. I like the look of the Supra, but its too expensive for what it is. I would buy a Z, looked forward to seeing it updated, but honestly for me nothing beats the sound of the coyote.
Hell, I got in the back to clean the rear window and had a hell of a time just getting back out! Yes, I am old!

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hell, I got in the back to clean the rear window and had a hell of a time just getting back out! Yes, I am old!
Same here. I just took a nap.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I just took a nap.
LOL, funny!
noticed on your signature the A10 Lund tuned. Would you say a noticeable improvement on the shifting consistency? Smoother?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, funny!
noticed on your signature the A10 Lund tuned. Would you say a noticeable improvement on the shifting consistency? Smoother?
Definitely smoother. I mostly drive in Track mode which is super crisp now. I love it. Normal (Sport as some call it) is smoother as well but if I baby it from a light it doesn't shift as smooth. The tune wants you to get on it which I don't have a problem with. I use Normal on long trips.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely smoother. I mostly drive in Track mode which is super crisp now. I love it. Normal (Sport as some call it) is smoother as well but if I baby it from a light it doesn't shift as smooth. The tune wants you to get on it which I don't have a problem with. I use Normal on long trips.
Thanks,
I find normal to be horrible as it wants to got to 10th gear at 40mph and Normal/Sport is a little clunky imo.
So I end up driving is Sport + with paddles mostly and I notice that 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th can some time hang when shifting. Also wish it was more responsive off the line.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
As a single guy with no girlfriend/wife — I use those seats way more often than you would expect.

It's really handy to be able to fit 3-4 people in the car in a pinch, or even just have the extra trunk space you wouldn't get otherwise.

That's why I heavily leaned towards Mustang over a Supra or any 2-seater.
Same! I typically never use the back seats in my convertible for people hauling but the moment I need to lug some furniture around, the top comes down and suddenly the convertible turns in to a sports pickup truck hauling monster. 😁

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
it the Tremec that adds to the allure of the Mach 1. The auto shouldn’t have even been available.
Sorry, but your comment makes no sense.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
it the Tremec that adds to the allure of the Mach 1. The auto shouldn’t have even been available.
The Tremec is a great transmission but that statement is just poor business sense. Ford would have lost out on a good chunk of Mach 1 sales if they didn't offer the automatic.

No wonder auto companies don't usually listen to enthusiasts.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The boss was manual only, the junky mt82 and that sold great….auto is for school teachers. The 350 was manual only as well….an enthusiast should always choose manual except if you are drag set up only, or not available. You A10 guys are just getting soft.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The boss was manual only, the junky mt82 and that sold great….auto is for school teachers. The 350 was manual only as well….an enthusiast should always choose manual except if you are drag set up only, or not available. You A10 guys are just getting soft.
Sponsored