Sponsored

N/A or VMP Loki?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im planning to purchase a 2900 mile 2020 GT next week. 10 speed auto, active exhaust. Im seriously thinking about adding a VMP blower with OPG/CSS upgrades. Its not a cheap mod as everyone knows. Im sure the car would be more fun with the blower, but the $10k or so is what Im debating. Thoughts? Thanks guys!
Sponsored

Competition53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 competition orange mustang gt
I’m in the same boat as you! I’m debating between gen3r or Odin. I live in Az so I need max cooling. Sub’d.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Are you open to other superchargers? ESS Supercharger looks like a solid setup, great quality and customer service from @Brevin@ESS

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Having gone from a PD blower car back down to an NA car which I am driving now, it is a hard pill to swallow. I will tell you once you feel that power, especially down low where the 5.0 is a bit anemic, you will absolutely love it.

One of the big issues post plandemic has been supply chain issues holding up components. VMP seems most likely to have a kit available as I have been watching them closely and they get their supply replenished very frequently. Whipple and Edelbrock look like they are 12-16 weeks out consistently.

I personally have been amassing a bunch of supporting mods, like Corsa LTH's and mid pipes, VMP voltage booster, ID1050x's, vertical links, Boundary OPG's with sprocket. I was looking at a lot of options from a boost standpoint, and was leaning heavily towards an Odin kit from VMP, having had a VMP Gen2R on my GT500 with their triple pass HE with dual fans and really liking it. I ended up finding a very good deal on a Stage 2 Whipple and bought it last week and will be installing it and all those supporting mods listed above in a few weeks and I can't wait.

Sponsored

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
A buddy and I installed the VMP Loki w/ Boundary OPG/CS on my ‘20 GT PP1 in Fall ‘20. Car had about 20k miles on it and is a DD. I had purchased new in Fall of ‘19 and do all my own maintenance. Lund remote tune and dyno’d at 662/537. Fast forward to today and about 45k miles on the car, still stock clutch and still running strong and hard. About to change spark plugs and do another dyno to see if numbers still holding up after 25k+ miles on Loki.

just my experience. YMMV.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Are you open to other superchargers? ESS Supercharger looks like a solid setup, great quality and customer service from @Brevin@ESS
Second the ESS centrifugal. Cheaper than a PD but not slower(especially with the 10r80). Smoother on drivetrain components also.

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
As others have stated, do it right if you’re going to go with a blower or FI in general. The 10r80 cars are less prone to breaking compared to a stick car. With that’s said, In either case you’ll want to stiffen up the IRS by adding a cradle lockout at a minimum to help stiffen up the IRS. OPG/CS island park great insurance and cheap in comparison to a new engine.

You’ll also want to make sure you pair whatever setup you get with a great tune from PND or Lund to make sure everything is gtg. Also, depending on your goals will also depending on what/if any supporting fuel mods you’ll need such as a boost a pump. Also keep in mind if you’re wanting to run e85 you’ll neee a full fuel system.

as far as longevity goes, the car can break in stock form and i truly think it’s in the owner/driver as to how long they last. Take good care of it, don’t beat on it ALL THE TIME and you’ll be good ☠

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
As others have stated, so it right if you’re going to go with a blower or FI in general. The 10r80 cars are less prone to breaking compare to a stick car. With that’s said, In either case you’ll want to stiffen up the IRS by adding a cradle lockout at ammonium to help stiffen up the IRS. OPG/CS is great insurance and cheap in comparison to a new engine. You’ll also want to make sure you pair whatever setup you get with a great tune from PND or Lund to make sure everything is gtg. Also, depending on your goals will also depending on what/if any supporting fuel mods you’ll need such as a boost a pump. Also keep in mind if you’re wanting to run e85 you’ll neee a full fuel system.

as far as longevity goes, the cad can break in stock form and i truly think it’s in the owner/driver as to how long they last. Take good care of it, don’t beat in it ALL THE TIME and you’ll be good ☠
Have you been drinking? :)

Sponsored

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Having gone from a PD blower car back down to an NA car which I am driving now, it is a hard pill to swallow. I will tell you once you feel that power, especially down low where the 5.0 is a bit anemic, you will absolutely love it.

One of the big issues post plandemic has been supply chain issues holding up components. VMP seems most likely to have a kit available as I have been watching them closely and they get their supply replenished very frequently. Whipple and Edelbrock look like they are 12-16 weeks out consistently.

I personally have been amassing a bunch of supporting mods, like Corsa LTH's and mid pipes, VMP voltage booster, ID1050x's, vertical links, Boundary OPG's with sprocket. I was looking at a lot of options from a boost standpoint, and was leaning heavily towards an Odin kit from VMP, having had a VMP Gen2R on my GT500 with their triple pass HE with dual fans and really liking it. I ended up finding a very good deal on a Stage 2 Whipple and bought it last week and will be installing it and all those supporting mods listed above in a few weeks and I can't wait.
would love to hear what the results turn out to be . ET'S /hp ESTIMATES ,ANYTHING YOU THINK IS IMPORTANT . OH ....AND $$$$$$ ???? HAAAA. jUNQDAWG

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
To piggy-back off tom, make sure to set goals (immediate and future) so you know what you're aiming towards. I always found that to make our shop & personal builds able to build a timeline to work towards. Let us know if you have any questions and good luck with the GT purchase :)
#teamlethal

jojo4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ GT Premium
I have the Odin kit and have. I was thinking about the Loki, but for not much more it makes more sense to get the Odin kit. To buy the extra components that the Odin comes with compared to the Loki would cost almost double compared to just buying the Odin. So thats what I did, knowing I would be upgrading in the future anyway. Plus max cooling since I am in Texas, the Odin made more sense every way I looked at it.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Second the ESS centrifugal. Cheaper than a PD but not slower(especially with the 10r80). Smoother on drivetrain components also.
Aw yea, ESS the absolute smoothest on drivetrain components. Lol you guys are great!

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I just purchased Loki kit a week ago. It arrived within 5 days and I have to say the quality and attention to detail is outstanding. I'm looking forward to installing this thing.

VMP has a live series on YouTube with their tuners. I knew I was going with them after watching a few of these.
Sponsored