Prices are on the rise......

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
I hope the values stay high. High HEPR values should lead to higher values for all other versions of the S550 GT350, which will benefit us all.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Markets aren't always efficient. Let's see if a half-dozen HEPR sales on one auction site (BaT) really indicate a persistent value premium.
yup, let's revisit when it's 2026 and the world is in the midst of Great Depression 2 and the semi-conductor situation is "resolved". Then again the "price" may still be $150k but entirely due to even more rampant currency destruction. Frankly we should start pricing cars in ounces of gold or barrels of oil.

Talk about a missed opportunity to buy any of a half dozen -R for 7000 below MSRP back in 2019. Though I wish I had bought $APPL at $4.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
yup, let's revisit when it's 2026 and the world is in the midst of Great Depression 2 and the semi-conductor situation is "resolved". Then again the "price" may still be $150k but entirely due to even more rampant currency destruction. Frankly we should start pricing cars in ounces of gold or barrels of oil.

Talk about a missed opportunity to buy any of a half dozen -R for 7000 below MSRP back in 2019. Though I wish I had bought $APPL at $4.
Equating stock and car markets doesnā€™t make much senseā€¦ dynamics are totally different.

I have posted on here before that my car is for sale for platinumā€¦ Iā€™ll take $155-160 in money (silver, gold or platinum, or a mix thereof) right now. Given the times, Iā€™d gladly make that sell.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Equating stock and car markets doesnā€™t make much senseā€¦ dynamics are totally different.
hardly. both are heavily emotion/perception driven, and subject to WILDLY unjustified exuberance. :)

rivero92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ariel
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 AMB GT500, 1996 KN6 R33 GTR
hardly. both are heavily emotion/perception driven, and subject to WILDLY unjustified exuberance. :)
But only one of those brings you never ending joy at any moments notice and it ain't the stock market :)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Problems like this also affect the market for particular models. Even though the Z06 allocations are likely all spoken for, if they come out with crap quality and fitment, their value will be ho-hum.

itā€™s also going to be interesting to see just how the large displacement FPC does over time and just how Chevy addressed the NVH issues inherent with FPCs.

Iā€™m sure someone at GM has/had a GT350R for ā€œresearchā€ purposes. šŸ˜

Sponsored

rivero92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ariel
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 AMB GT500, 1996 KN6 R33 GTR
Problems like this also affect the market for particular models. Even though the Z06 allocations are likely all spoken for, if they come out with crap quality and fitment, their value will be ho-hum.

itā€™s also going to be interesting to see just how the large displacement FPC does over time and just how Chevy addressed the NVH issues inherent with FPCs.

Iā€™m sure someone at GM has/had a GT350R for ā€œresearchā€ purposes. šŸ˜

That's why I plan on flipping my C8Z ASAP :D

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Problems like this also affect the market for particular models. Even though the Z06 allocations are likely all spoken for, if they come out with crap quality and fitment, their value will be ho-humā€¦
Obviously ā€œcrap quality and fitmentā€ hasnā€™t hurt the GT350Rā€™s value.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Obviously ā€œcrap quality and fitmentā€ hasnā€™t hurt the GT350Rā€™s value.
And thatā€™s another reason why the 19/20MY gets more currency. But, letā€™s face it, as long as the UAW exists, govt sympathy checks keep getting printed and the woke phenomenon continues its upward trend, get used to crap quality in American autos.

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
The cars we purchase are reflections of an emotion going back to our younger days. For you, that is the Wimbledon white cars and apparently a lot of other people as well hence the price spikes. Foe the rest of us, its a head scratcher. From a historical perspective, it is a very minor part of the overall Shelby History but, yes, a part. I would argue the entire modern GT350 in all forms is the biggest connection to the history of the original car and a very true successor. Others would argue its a Ford and therefore its not close. To each his own. For me, I dont care for white. Brittany Blue is killer. Tastes. Others think the Base R is the closest to the original R and that argument has some merit as well. The cars all mean something to their owners and no one should try to validate their choices by representing theirs as fact rather than opinion or personal tastes. Happy you love the HEP, that's the way it should be!
I'm with you on this one. I have complete respect for anyone's taste and emotional connection to a car, it's history or personal experience. I didn't even consider an HEP when I was looking for mine - since I wasn't interested in a "collectable" or "investment" but rather something I liked and enjoyed driving. To ME the HEP's (no disrespect intended) were little more than a $2,000 sticker package on a different shade of bathtub white. I certainly understand the appeal that it holds for some, I just don't share it.

I do think it's great that these cars are hitting such lofty prices! I'm not surprised that we're seeing some of these prices, just surprised that it's so soon after they stopped production. If nothing else, it brings much deserved attention to a really special vehicle - no matter what the color! It certainly doesn't hurt that BAT prices on many cars have gone nuts over the past couple years. Almost like the real estate market. I think it's likely to cool off for all but the most desirable, low mileage examples in the years to come.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
they started with NOT shooting themselves in the foot multiple times with a shotgun under the delusion "do it different" had redeeming value.

"listening to marketing" has ruined many an engineering effort and resultant product.
Sponsored