Prices are on the rise......

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I have alluded to this before here on this forum. I would not sell my car even if I were offered $20,000 over its present value. With that being said, I don’t need the money. But as an investor I would normally jump on a return such as that. All I’m saying is, I’m keeping my GT350. Just passed four years of ownership in December 2021.
Sponsored

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ‘19 GT350
Equating stock and car markets doesn’t make much sense… dynamics are totally different.

I have posted on here before that my car is for sale for platinum… I’ll take $155-160 in money (silver, gold or platinum, or a mix thereof) right now. Given the times, I’d gladly make that sell.
Why not diamonds or bitcoins?

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I wouldn't go that far, just less lucrative. Have you seen the prices of low-mile Fox body 5.0s lately?
True! Those Fox body values are rising but I use my 2016 vert as a daily. I have 61k miles and plan to keep putting miles on for as long as it keeps me smiling. Mine won’t be a collector but a pristine low mile S550 might bring some money in the future. Still think the special editions like the GT350, Bullitt and Mach 1s will always be the ones stored away and commanding the top dollar resale values.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Still think the special editions like the GT350, Bullitt and Mach 1s will always be the ones stored away and commanding the top dollar resale values.
Not mine... contact me in 3 years and my GT350 will have 75,000 miles and it will be for sale... high mileage but well maintained. I plan on buying someone's garage queen and repeating the entire process again.

I once had a garage queen back in the 80's. Sold my 1970 1/2 Formula 400 with 32K miles in 1983 and the owner blew the engine within 3 months... thought to myself, drive it and enjoy or cuz the next owner may not be like you..!!!!!!

I buy NO car for the NEXT person...!!!!!

Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Not mine... contact me in 3 years and my GT350 will have 75,000 miles and it will be for sale... high mileage but well maintained. I plan on buying someone's garage queen and repeating the entire process again.

I once had a garage queen back in the 80's. Sold my 1970 1/2 Formula 400 with 32K miles in 1983 and the owner blew the engine within 3 months... thought to myself, drive it and enjoy or cuz the next owner may not be like you..!!!!!!

I buy NO car for the NEXT person...!!!!!
I’m so happy to hear there are other people out there that use the vehicle for what it’s ment for! 👍

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I would not sell my car even if I were offered $20,000 over its present value.
So there IS a number, say 25,000 that will loosen that tight-fisted boney claw on the title ... :)

Do you run your car at pineviewrun or NYSafety?

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
So there IS a number, say 25,000 that will loosen that tight-fisted boney claw on the title ... :)

Do you run your car at pineviewrun or NYSafety?
Nope and nope.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
The really crazy thing to me is paying 100K+ for a car that has the same fit and finish, materials quality, paint job etc. and that is built in the same factory by the same people as a 27K Ecoboost :giggle:

For the original 60-75K that these cars cost new that is still a steal given the engine and performance. But man once you get north of the 100K threshold those panel gaps and interior materials start to look pretty sketchy.
Panel gaps are part of the "Heritage Package." 😆😆😆 I mean, have you ever seen a 60's Mustang? They aren't exactly Duesenbergs!

Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
If I could get $20k over for my 17 GT350 with 31k miles....I'd sell in a heartbeat. Lol

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like a lot of the prices that we see now are likely not transitive. Have you bought food lately and seen the price increases? It's insane! 2x increases on everything. A lot of people say its temporary, but the problem with that reasoning is, with the exception of the price of oil and gas, as well as technology, when have consumer products ever decreased in price over time. Once the cat is out of the bag that companies can get more after they have raised their prices, they tend to not lower them after the dust is settled. I could be wrong, but let me know if you know of examples where manufacturers have lowered the price of a model car after price increases were blamed on things "costing more." (The 2015 Viper Price Reductions do not count because their prices weren't increased initially because things cost more, they just thought the market would pay those initial prices because they built a nice car with a high level of quality. They didn't increase the price because more money existed in the world.)

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
I feel like a lot of the prices that we see now are likely not transitive. Have you bought food lately and seen the price increases? It's insane! 2x increases on everything. A lot of people say its temporary, but the problem with that reasoning is, with the exception of the price of oil and gas, as well as technology, when have consumer products ever decreased in price over time. Once the cat is out of the bag that companies can get more after they have raised their prices, they tend to not lower them after the dust is settled. I could be wrong, but let me know if you know of examples where manufacturers have lowered the price of a model car after price increases were blamed on things "costing more." (The 2015 Viper Price Reductions do not count because their prices weren't increased initially because things cost more, they just thought the market would pay those initial prices because they built a nice car with a high level of quality. They didn't increase the price because more money existed in the world.)
I am going to say Putin is most likely to be responsible for the recent increase in gt350R prices but for anyone who does not buy that here is an interesting chart on M2 money supply....

"M2 is a measure of the U.S. money stock that includes M1 (currency and coins held by the non-bank public, checkable deposits, and travelers' checks) plus savings deposits (including money market deposit accounts), small time deposits under $100,000, and shares in retail money market mutual funds."

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 4.24.20 PM.png

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a lot of extra monopoly money!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a lot of extra monopoly money!
when you're drowning or getting ever closer to Niagara Falls and don't want to go over, you thrash ever harder and faster to no effect, even though your fate is (and was) sealed a long time ago...

Now overlay that graph with population increase, and while you're busy, GDP with all gov't spending and transfer payments removed.
Sponsored